• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Cameo appearances in a reboot?

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I have always regarded the comics as a warning about substance abuse. Stay away from the dope, kiddies, or you will write crap like that and actually believe it's good.
There's nothing wrong with the comics, per se. They are very 'comicy'. They just aren't very Buffy.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
There's nothing wrong with the comics, per se. They are very 'comicy'. They just aren't very Buffy.

The first time I saw the comics, I couldn't tell Buffy from Willow. How did it ever get that bad?

It was on sale at an HMV record store back when CD's were still being sold. I forget which issue it was and it was years ago but I thought it was (I won't say amateurish because most amateurs care more about what they do) low-quality production line stuff, as if there was a conveyer belt and there was one guy drawing the outlines, one guy at the next workstation filling in colours, another guy adding the dialogue and nobody in charge of the overall story and non of them had ever watched the show or knew what the characters looked like.

Priceless

Scooby
I've enjoyed the comics, mostly. There are some great stories in them, stuff I'm glad to have read that has added to my understanding of the verse and the characters. It took me a while to get into them, as I'm not a natural comic reader. I hadn't read a comic in years before starting the Buffy comics. I will admit that their very Spuffyness helps make me a fan, seeing Spike and Buffy's relationship grow and change is a big draw.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I have always regarded the comics as a warning about substance abuse. Stay away from the dope, kiddies, or you will write crap like that and actually believe it's good.
You rock Ethan Reigns !!

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
A lot does depend on the reason for the Cameo appearance. Should a look back at how things used to be, be needed and copyrights stop actual footage of the original show then a Cameo role could be made.

ChaseRules

Sineya
So since its a new show they cant use actual footage :confused:

fivebyfaith

Townie
If they do a multiverse thing, I would love to see Eliza Dushku and Bianca Lawson (Kendra) especially come back as their roles. Would be neat to see a universe where Kendra was doing well and lived to be older, or one where Faith and Kendra ended up as the world's two slayers instead of Buffy and Faith.

I just looked up Bianca Lawson and she's been all over the place in all kinds of TV shows! Good for her!

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Now if Buffy could appear as a cameo mother of Dawn with their new dog, Scooby Doo?

Kendar

Townie
Well, based on the last news we have we don't have to worry about having a new Buffy. They've said they are going with a new slayer, so cameos from old members are certainly possible.

While SMG hasn't flat out said no, her comments over the last year lead me to believe that she probably wouldn't choose to be in it, even as a cameo.

Of course, given how things about Joss have come to the forefront it might not be made after all.

ChaseRules

Sineya
I think SMG has been hinting like that so as not to be forced into appearing . She posted a number of pics showing she still into Buffy .
I think she come back in a cameo as long as it good . And on that I agree .

Also fivebyfaith I like your idea but would like to have a difference slayer appear. Maybe the one before Buffy ?

Punkie

Townie
I would like to see Giles. Someone sends them to the expert on The Subject and it’s Giles - he guides them and gives them info. Says he will look into something and get back to them.

Then he calls to say he has something for them - the thing will stop The Badness or help them find The Secret or what have you - but Giles gets killed for his trouble.

Without Sarah, there isn’t much reason or purpose for the others to be there.

Top Bottom