• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Can this be read without reading Buffy?

Spikefan31

Effulgent
Black Thorn
So, I was thinking of starting to read Buffyverse comics, and I've heard that Angel and Faith is better than Buffy season 9, but will it make sense if I only read Angel and Faith? Or are there crossovers? Also, can I read it without having read season 8 of Buffy? I know the general gist of what happened at the end of that, so...I just worry about how expensive following two comic series would be. I already buy one comic regularly (Smallville) and being a cheap uni student don't really want to spend too much money. :D

Mischlings

Potential
I started reading Angel & Faith when I'd barely read any of S8 or S9 -- as long as you have the basic idea of what happened in Season 8, you should be good. As for Season 9, the crossover stuff that has happened so far isn't all that much, so I don't think it'd be a problem to follow Angel & Faith without following the others.

white avenger

white avenger
Since they are two separate story lines, ant there apparently aren't going to be any major crossovers this season, there's no real reason why yo should have to follow Buffy's story judt to keep track of what Angel and Faith are dong.

The Ferg

Scooby
So, I was thinking of starting to read Buffyverse comics, and I've heard that Angel and Faith is better than Buffy season 9, but will it make sense if I only read Angel and Faith? Or are there crossovers? Also, can I read it without having read season 8 of Buffy? I know the general gist of what happened at the end of that, so...I just worry about how expensive following two comic series would be. I already buy one comic regularly (Smallville) and being a cheap uni student don't really want to spend too much money. :D
Yea, it's super-easy to get in to. Just pick up Angel & Faith. As long as you know the ending of BS8 you'll be fine. I would recommend just reading S8, S9, and A&F, but whatever floats your boat. :)

I also think it's awesome that you're (possibly) getting into Buffy comics through Smallville. I know DC started the Smallville continuation because of BS8's success.

S
Spikefan31
Top Bottom