• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Can you think of the scenes where Spike was the sweetest?

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
A lot of the scenes he shares with Drusillla in early Season 2 are the most obvious examples. It's the only time evil Spike will show his softer side.

Taake

Maybe it was taquitos. Maybe he lived for taquitos
Staff member
Black Thorn
I feel like any time he tries to protect Dawn (e.g. from Glory), or spend time with/kind of take care of her, is very sweet. I’ll say the scene where Dawn says she feels safe with him and he nearly chokes on his cigarette and tells her to ”take it back”, it not only makes me laugh but it’s sweet because it is clearly true

r2dh2

Never go for the kill when you can go for the pain
I agree that his interactions with Dawn are really sweet. I particularly like this scene from Blood ties:

DAWN. Jeez! Lurk much?
SPIKE. Wasn't lurking - I was standing about. It's a whole different vibe.

Dawn spots the candy box.

DAWN. What is - Are you giving Buffy a birthday present? Oh my god, weird! Plus, chocolates? Lame! And the box is all bent and you know she'd never touch anything from you anyway!
SPIKE. (threatening) Shouldn't you be tucked away in your beddy-bye, all warm and safe where nothing can eat you?
DAWN. (laughs) Is that supposed to scare me?
SPIKE. (dejected) Little tremble wouldn't hurt.
DAWN Sorry, it's just - come on. I'm badder than you.
SPIKE. Are not.

DAWN. Am too. You're standing in the bushes hugging a bent box of chocolates. I'm -
SPIKE. What? Sneaking off to braid hair and watch the Teletubbies with your mates?
DAWN. No. I'm breaking into the magic shop. To steal things.
SPIKE. Magic shop, eh? All number of beasties between here and there. Bet they'd really
go for a little Red Riding Hood like you. (looking toward the house) I bet that wouldn't set too well with big sister.
DAWN.I can take care of myself.

Dawn eyes the deep, dark, scary night. On second thought.

DAWN. Wanna come steal some stuff?
SPIKE. (a beat) Yeah, all right.

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
So my above post (147 days) was the first that came to my mind, plus in the same episode when he looks at Buffy coming down the stairs and for a moment just looks at her until he snaps out of it. 😍

Oh and "I want you to know I did save you. Not when it counted of course. But after that. Every night after that. Every night I saved you."

Then the Touched speech defenitely was soo cute!

Just most Spuffy scenes in season 7 were cute! 😍

The Gift. "I know that I'm a monster. But you treat ne like a man. And that's..."

Okay have to stope the Spuffy!!!
Spike was really cute on Angel with Fred :)

Also his scenes with both Dawn and Joyce are really sweet, but most of my favourites were already mentioned, like the choking on the cigeratte, the marshmallows, not leaving Dawn in baraining, the scene of @r2dh2 #11 post. "I was standing about. It's a whole different vibe." But I also just remeberd the scene where "he didn't leave a card." 😭 for Joyces flowers.😭
And him an Joyce watching Passions (though more funny than cute :p)

His jealousy over "big tall and forehead" in end of days :p It was funny, but I found it cute too!

Lots of Spusilla scenes were cute! Just seeing how this NOT SOULED and EVIL vampire could love and care so much, so deeply! That was really cute! How he stopped his plan (when Buffy threatend Dru) to save Dru in Lie To Me for example, that felt like it was really true love 😍

Last edited:

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
Way too many to list. One that no one else mentioned is when he very caringly brings Dru a valentine's day gift, only to get upstaged by that villain Angel. The look of sadness and despair on Spike's face is disheartening.

Disheartening. Get it?

Izzie

Townie
When he sees Buffy alive with "147 days"
"Everynigt I saved you"

Also when Spike tries to bring flowers without a card after Joyce died. (Stupid Xander)
His speech to Buffy in Touched

So, yeah pretty much what has already been said.

r2dh2

Never go for the kill when you can go for the pain
I also love his scene in S4 with Willow in "The Initiative," when he tries to bite her and he can't because of the chip:

He kicks a waste basket across the room in frustration.

WILLOW. You're probably just trying too hard. Doesn't
this happen to every vampire?

SPIKE
Not to me, it doesn't!

WILLOW
It's me, isn't it?

SPIKE
What are you talking about?

WILLOW
You came looking for Buffy, then settled. You
didn't want to bite me, I just happened to be
around.

SPIKE
Don't be ridiculous. Why, I'd bite you in a heartbeat.

WILLOW
Really?

SPIKE
Thought about it.

WILLOW
When?

SPIKE
Remember last year? You had on that fuzzy
pink number with the lilac underneath...
(nods knowingly)

WILLOW
I never would have guessed. You play the
blood-lust kind of cool.

SPIKE
I hate being obvious. All fang-y and *grrr.*
(shrugs)
Takes all the mystery out.

WILLOW
But if you could, you'd ...

SPIKE
If I could, yeah.

Awkward silence. They both sit in sadness a moment. Then:

WILLOW
You know, this doesn't make you any less
terrifying.

SPIKE
(scoffs)
Don't patronize me.

NeddaSai

Potential
I've always been impressed with the fact that he wanted to stand up for Willow in Older and Far Away when Anya was yelling at her to do something.. I noticed he went "Hey!" but then Tara took over. I thought it was sweet of him and always wanted to know what he would've said/done..

SunnydaleGlitz

Potential
Sineya
In S8, before they get back together romantically in S10 & right after their reunion in The Last Gleaming, Spike looks at Buffy and says: "My hero." 😍💗💗
In Dirty Girls, rushing to save Xander from Caleb before he took out his other remaining eye.
His comfort and support to Buffy in Touched.
His speech in End of Days about the best night of his life.
Every interaction in Afterlife and Flooded.
Saving Buffy's life in OMWF and his words: "The pain that you feel, only can heal, by living. You have to go on living."
And in Hell's Bells "It's nice to watch you be happy."
Using his chip to unveil that Tara wasn't a demon as made out by her family in Family.
Withholding Dawn's name in Intervention from Glory despite being tortured.
Comforting Buffy at the end of Fool for Love.
Comforting Dawn when she feels uncertain and unhappy in Tough Love.
Bringing flowers for Joyce in Forever.
Saving Buffy's life in the van in Spiral.
Caring for Dru in early seasons.

TriBel

Scooby
Normal Again
BUFFY: No, guys, I'm okay. I'm okay.
WILLOW: Come on, Xander, help me get her home.
They lead her off. Spike watches them go.
SPIKE: (calls) Put a little ice on the back of her neck.
He turns away, picks up his bag of groceries.
SPIKE: (to himself) She likes that.

TBH, I'm not sure it's sweet - more heartfelt and poignant. Similarly, @SunnydaleGlitz, I'm not debating your list :) (they're good moments) but, when you consider the context, there's a possibility you (and others) have redefined "sweet". For example: "So, what did you do?" "Oh, I stopped someone from committing suicide". "Aw...that's sweet". Perhaps, for some, we need to add "bitter" to "sweet"? Question (possibly rhetorical), why is Sweet called Sweet?

Top Bottom