• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Cangel Inturrupted

Cordy_Chase

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Sineya
This was originally a response to this thread: https://www.buffy-boards.com/posts/1138097/

"I guess we missed our chance"
"Maybe we were meant to"
-
'You're Welcome'

On the contrary, I don't think any other couple in the Buffy or Angelverse were more meant to end up together and if this weren't Joss Whedon they would have.

Considering that Angel was trying to confess his feelings to Cordelia (at least that's how it came across to me) in the final scene of 'Waiting in the Wings' when Groo entered the room I absolutely believe it was happening right there or else at the end of 'Tomorrow' when Cordelia had set up a meeting with Angel intending to confess to him had ****ing Skip not shown up and manipulated her into the higher plain.

If you read in between the lines throughout the course of the series up until that point, however, while they were significant interferences it was neither Groo or Skip/Jasmine that primarily prevented them from becoming an official couple, it was fear and doubt.
Despite their close bond as friends, they were both deeply in denial that there was potential in a romantic relationship.

Cordelia, it seemed felt she could never compare to Buffy in Angel's heart. Pay close attention to her body language and facial expressions during the scene in 'Eternity' in which she and Wesley are discussing their opinions of whether or not Angel had slept with Rebecca Lowell the night before. Right away, Cordelia votes that he couldn't have because of the curse but Wesley disagrees with that being an issue because:

"...the last time Angel was with Buffy. He achieved perfect happiness
because it was with Buffy".
Cordy drops into a chair in defeat as if she'd tortured herself with that thought many times. Wes then has to add:

"He's certainly not going to find it with an actress."

Remember, at this point Cordy herself is still an aspiring actress and that really did for her, she looked at him like he had just shoved a knife into her heart. She had clearly taken that as a shot at not only Lowell but her as well. Wes quickly realized what he'd said and tried to make amends, but it's very plausible that the moment she heard that comment, it irreversibly encrypted itself into every molecule of her just as Jasmine had.
Her subtle reactions to Bangel go back further, to 'IWRY' when she commented in some form on Angel and Buffy having like the ultimate forbidden love or something to that effect, if memory serves she said it with an eye roll. Angel was always her one and only from the moment she first saw him in the BTVS episode 'The Harvest’ (love her line, "Hello Salty Goodness," haha). We saw multiple times that she wanted to win him over from Buffy but could barely ever manage to get his attention which is probably another factor that scarred her for life and there is a reason she might feel that even outside Sunnydale she could never get his attention in that way. Throughout her growth and maturity as a person since starting to work for Angel one thing could never change, Cordy wasn't nor could she ever be the slayer.
The ironic thing is that after Sunnydale she had worn that denial like a blindfold to keep herself from even seeing that she had feelings for him, but regardless she was committed to him as a friend. He was the only one who really valued her as more than a pretty face and made her feel important, she was grateful to him just for giving her that even if she didn't realize it and in return he was the only one she ever thought of before herself.
Anyone ever notice what she ends up doing with Groo who was already an unnatural being in his dimension and a hero who fought for the innocent. She gives him a hair cut and a clothing style that seems awfully familiar doesn't it? All Groo basically was to her was a safe (curse free) and romantically interested version of Angel (Poor Groo, but while Sunnydale Cordy would have had no problem doing this intentionally, I really don’t think that was the case here).

On Angel's end, it's a little more vague but he does at one point make clear that he didn't think he was good enough for her. I wanna say it was during his conversation with Lorne at the beginning of 'Waiting in the Wings' in which Lorne was trying to convince him that they belonged together, he makes a comment that was something along the lines of "What can I offer her?" I have no doubt in my mind that some part of him would also rather keep her friendzoned than risk losing her in one way or another which I could see him fearing would be the case if their relationship got to that level.

Which between Cordelia and Buffy was the love of his life is a matter of opinion, but that is NOT the same thing as whether or not he could have loved Cordy at all which is seemingly a common misconception among the Bangel diehards. Poor Angel's love life doesn't receive fair treatment from a lot of fans. Buffy can go off and love Riley or Spike with new ship fandoms resulting, but Angel somehow isn't allowed to love anyone other than Buffy? Bullshit. Just because he's supposed to be this brooding character doesn't mean there isn't room for exploration.

(Note: I could write whole second article within this article on why from my perspective the evidence is overwhelming that Cordelia was the love of his life and why his love for her was stronger than it was for Buffy but that's not the topic here and my Bangel opinions are quite loaded which usually receive an offended response. So among several, avoiding ruffling feathers is one reason I just won't compare ships or participate in ship wars. I'm learning.)

The love of one's life doesn't have to be the only person one has ever loved and if nothing else Lorne's line in 'Waiting in the Wings' about what he saw in Angel's noggin' when he sang to Connor should be inarguable proof that Angel deeply loved Cordy even if you choose not to believe that she was the love of his life. Personally I don't see how anyone can miss the effect she had on him throughout the entire series. She made him smile, brought him to life like no one else could and he was the most self-confident when he was around her. 'To Shanshu in LA', 'Waiting in the Wings', 'Birthday', 'That Vision Thing’, ‘Awakening' and 'You're Welcome' are all a handful of episodes heavy with displays of how much she meant to him.
She was the most important person in his life after he left Sunnydale, she came first before anything even when it meant giving Wolfram and Hart what they wanted.

Angel has facial reactions to look out for as well.
In 'Dead End' he brings her food to help her recover from a traumatizing vision and not knowing what she likes rather than just make a best guess and hope he got it right he buys out like half the freaking restaurant, that's devotion! Her immediate response is "I love you" and his face lights up like a Christmas Tree, I've actually got a GIF of it!

A few episodes later in 'There's No Place like Pirtz Glrb' when Cordy came between his and Groo's fight and said "I love him" then gave Angel a verbal smack in the face when he thought she meant him ("Not you dumbass!", I feel bad that even just thinking about that line actually makes me laugh, sorry Angel >_<) he looked so crushed and even asked "You love me too right?". The moment he found out she'd been yanked into Pylea he got very pushy, kinda rudely pushy even for someone to find the damn portal so he could go over there and get her back.

No one could have missed how painful it was for him to watch her with Groo when he came back, as far as I’m concerned that's the reason he sent her on vacation, because he could no longer stand watching a man that wasn't him kissing, holding and touching her as well as being on the receiving end. I'm sitting here thinking about his face right now and caught a tear just beginning to slip out.

In 'Waiting in the Wings' at least on his end, I don't think it was the ghosts/spell doing all the driving, there are a few hints that he desired her even when the ghostly persona was NOT acting through him. I don't think he was talking about getting the door open when he said "It's kinda hard" and then after they left the room what's the one line that stuck with him? "I'm only alive when you're inside me." Let's not ignore the look on his face when he first saw her in her dress.
That wasn't the first time he was physically captivated by her. Back in season 2, in 'Belonging' on the set of a sunscreen commercial when Cordy revealed that she was in this skimpy bikini, Angel's eyes not only bugged out but he failed miserably at trying NOT to look (In addition he got very protective about that director degrading her, it took all his self-control not to rip the guy's throat out). Then there was the hilarious way he tried to describe it to Wes and Gunn later like he was hyperventilating. So cute. Returning to 'Waiting in the Wings' he even says how beautiful she is to him.

Then there is ‘Awakening’, sure that whole thing was just a fantasy but think about it, it was ANGEL'S fantasy not Cordy's and unless SMG declined to appear they could have had it be about Buffy, it should have been if she were the only one he'd ever loved, but it wasn't. It was Cordelia and the fact that the moment of pure bliss she gave him worked even just in his imagination I find is far more powerful than the real thing. Hmm, I wonder if this means he could have actually broken the curse by jerking off to a Cordy fantasy, it kinda fits though the key was probably that the shaman made sure that Angel wasn't aware he was in a fantasy. It would make sense that a lucid fantasy wouldn't be strong enough to have that effect unless possibly he really dove deep into it...sorry off topic.

He said in some form at least once per season that he needed her and just the thought of losing her was unbearable for him. When he did, that final scene of 'You're Welcome', just look at his face, his hold on her when she came back for one last kiss and the tears breaking to the surface after the phone call. It was destroying him to have to let her go.

I have no doubt that they would have been together already long before Groo showed up if not for their fear and doubts. What they had was strong and natural, they were everything each other needed which made them a perfect balance for each other. They easily had the healthiest relationship in the entire franchise, one might say too healthy for entertainment purposes, that having it be a 'what if' friendship (with 'Awakening' and 'Deep Down' representing a Nicholas Cage, The Family Man kinda glimpse, which is actually a really clever and unique concept) made it more interesting and that may be true. I can see the dilemma there and the way Cordy brought out a fun side of Angel that might have ended up overpowering his character so that he might have even started to resemble Booth, David Boreanaz's regular role in Bones (which I've recently gotten hooked on) and while I love Booth, what defines the Angel character would have been lost. As for the cheesy mushy romance though, I admit with absolutely NO shame that I am a sucker for that, I'm a hopeless romantic at heart so I would not have had an issue in that department.

So personally for me it was a disappointment that they didn't have the chance Angel and Buffy had but their friendship was amazing to watch and 'You're Welcome' was very appreciated and beautiful closure for Cordy's character. It would have been unsettling and wrong to leave her character at Connor nearly blowing her up and the last of her life at her as Jasmine's host. Personally I don't believe he'll ever really let her go. There is a comic that supports this though whether or not it's canon I don't know, where he accidentally mind you, names a pet dragon after Cordelia.

It was meant to be and yet somehow it kind of also wasn't. Shakespeare would love these two and Cordy's death in the end, he was all about tragic love stories and killing his lead characters...hmm I wonder if Whedon is a reincarnation of him? ;)

References:
Fox series, Bones 2005-present
starring Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460627/?ref_=nv_sr_1

The Family Man, film, 2000 starring Nicholas Cage and Tia Leoni
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0218967/?ref_=nv_sr_1
(Good film, I recommend checking it out)

Last edited:
WishverseWhedon
WishverseWhedon
[No message]

Firstina

Angel's Little Avenger
Beautiful post!
As my personal opinion I just prefer Cangel as a friendship much more than in a romantic sense.
And the "almost" couple is an interesting addition to the collection of different types of ships in Buffyverse.
You got some amazing points about how strong the bond between the two of them was - and It's undoubtedly true. I just can't see why add a romance in this beautiful mixture. All complications Bangel had probably Cangel would inherit too - or are we saying that amazing Cordy can't give Angel that true moment of happiness? And she is human too. So, as I see it the romance only adds obstacles on every corner. And honestly we have Bangel for that already:p
It's like:
Cangel+Friendship = Two happy people (ok, one true non-person) working side by side enjoying the company of each other
Cangel+Romance = Problems on every step - moment of true happiness, aging problems, children problems. (Bangel, is it you all over again?)
And it's nothing to do with Cordy, it's Angel's part of shipping - and we all know how it ended last time. And I want both of them happy not burried under unresolved problems of a man-pire part of the shipping.

And as much as I love Cordy as a character - her biggest flaw is pride. She got two chances to start their relationship and both times she chose something else than Angel's love - firstly, Groo, for now reason, except maybe fear, whatsoever, and then to become a higher being. So, yeah, free choices made of fear and pride.

bespangeled

Scooby
Black Thorn
I do see them as a romantic couple - and I think Cordelia was better for him At That Time than Buffy. The fact that Cordy and Angel never slept together is sad, but not all that important. I have to say that I believe the losing soul danger is ridiculous. After turning into Angelus because he slept with Buffy, knowing about the curse, I can't see that it could happen. There is no way Angel would not be on his guard and that alone would destroy any chance of perfect happiness. One thing that is very clear in You're Welcome is that they really love each other.

Buffy moved on - she had other lovers. Whatever her reason she tells Angel: "I have someone in my life now. (Angel looks away from her but otherwise doesn't move) That I love. (Angel swallows hard) It's not what you and I had. - It's very new. (She steps closer) You know what makes it new? - I trust him. - I know him." Even when Buffy is together with both Angel and Riley, she chooses Riley. And she tells Spike she loves him (I do have doubts whether they see love as the same thing, but I don't think she is lying). Buffy moving on is not an issue.

But Cordy kept herself in denial - and she made some bad choices because of that. Groo and choosing to be a higher being were both wrong for her as she discovers too late. The love was there. I don't think that Angel would have gone to W&H if Cordy had been there - and I don't think things would have spun out of control the way they did. I like their humor, I like the fact that Cordy seems to be the only one who can really get through to him, and I like the fact that it's very clear that Angel holds her as special.

And it really seems relevant that Buffy turns against Angel when he takes over W&H (not a comic reader so I assume this was retconned but i don't know how). Whereas Cordy trusts him, and guides him to doing the right thing.

Cordy_Chase

Sineya
Something I forgot to talk about it in the article is that Cordelia was the only one able to separate Angel from Angelus, who never judged Angel based on Angelus' actions. This along with her energetic personality and how she treated him like a person not a ticking time bomb is what I believe made her so easy for him to be around and open himself up to.

@Firstina and @bespangeled, thank you for your posts and Firstina, I'm not sure we've met so hey.

And she is human too.
Only for about half the series, recall in season 3, the episode 'Birthday' she decided...or more like demanded to become part demon to be able to keep the visions without dying. A significant action, by the way which defined how much Angel meant to her, it only took one glance at his tortured face in 'What if'-verse for her to boredly tell Skip to "demonize me already". Not to mention how powerful it was that she was instantly drawn back to Angel and the visions without any memory of them.
It's one of my favorite episodes!

I have to say that I believe the losing soul danger is ridiculous. After turning into Angelus because he slept with Buffy, knowing about the curse, I can't see that it could happen. There is no way Angel would not be on his guard and that alone would destroy any chance of perfect happiness.
'Awakening' proves that Cordelia would have given him that moment of pure happiness (which also answers Firstina's question of that), but I've actually pondered that very thing; would it have been possible for him to restrain that?

Though in 'Eternity' and 'Somnambulist' in AtS Cordelia more than proved that she was ready and willing to defend herself against Angelus.
Bitch had him under considerable control with FAKE holy water in 'Eternity', that's pretty badass (though he wasn't technically Angelus in that situation, he was no less of a threat)! Perhaps he could have recognized that. The team could have prepared for it with that cage like they did when they intentionally unleashed Angelus.

And it really seems relevant that Buffy turns against Angel when he takes over W&H (not a comic reader so I assume this was retconned but i don't know how). Whereas Cordy trusts him, and guides him to doing the right thing.
Interesting, I haven't been able to watch the fifth season of AtS other than 'You're Welcome' because of what I've heard about the references and appearances by Buffy. It seems to be suggested that Angel goes back to pining for her and I'm told even tells her he never stopped loving her and sorry but just knowing this stuff pisses me off, but this that you've brought up is interesting. What happens there? Don't worry I'm cool with being spoiled.

I can't say I'm surprised by this though, Cordelia had always had more patience and confidence in Angel than Buffy, than anyone really. The only time she had trouble giving him a pass was the whole Darla/Trial arc when it was a very personal backstabbing to her and everything she'd done for him.
She was quite unhappy about Angel running W&H but guided him back in the right direction, it was even her last request before she died. That's deep love. I'm kind of inclined to believe that had she permanently returned, they would have ended up back at the Hyperion.

I'm also not a comic reader, but another thing I've been told is that Angel and Buffy DO get back together in the comics, so I think your assumption is correct.

Firstina

Angel's Little Avenger
Firstina, I'm not sure we've met so hey.
Hi, nice to meet you.:)
Only for about half the series, recall in season 3, the episode 'Birthday' she decided...or more like demanded to become part demon to be able to keep the visions without dying. A significant action, by the way which defined how much Angel meant to her, it only took one glance at his tortured face in 'What if'-verse for her to boredly tell Skip to "demonize me already". Not to mention how powerful it was that she was instantly drawn back to Angel and the visions without any memory of them.
I meant the "human" part more like that Cangel will have the same problems as Bangel in that department. Angel wanted for Buffy normal life, and we see some evidence that he would want that for Cordy too - when he gives her money for her vacation with Groo and tells her to go somewhere with a sun. He wants his women to be able to walk in the sunshine, not in the dark with him.
'Awakening' proves that Cordelia would have given him that moment of pure happiness (which also answers Firstina's question of that), but I've actually pondered that very thing; would it have been possible for him to restrain that?
Funny, when I think about it I always laugh because practically Angel in his sexual life is in the woman's position with a fear of unwanted pregnancy or in his case unwanted (sometimes wanted like with Darla) soul-loosing.;)

Cordy_Chase

Sineya
I meant the "human" part more like that Cangel will have the same problems as Bangel in that department. Angel wanted for Buffy normal life, and we see some evidence that he would want that for Cordy too - when he gives her money for her vacation with Groo and tells her to go somewhere with a sun. He wants his women to be able to walk in the sunshine, not in the dark with him.
I'm sorry I don't agree. Angel wanted a normal life for Buffy because that's what she wanted, and it was what was best for her.
Unbeknownst to him, Cordy wanted to spend her life with Angel and that was how she thrived, how they both thrived. I've addressed that I believe the reason he sent her on that vacation was mostly to no longer have to watch her with another man.

This whole article is about the problems Angel and Cordelia had and they were very different than those that Angel and Buffy had which is because the relationships were very different. As I've stated, I DO NOT engage in ship comparing/wars because I have a tendency to ruffle feathers with my Bangel opinions andI'd rather not send this thread in that direction. So all I'm gonna say is this (and would appreciate it if it were left at this): Cangel was a more experienced and mature relationship and their doubt shows that they were being more careful to AVOID getting the same endings they did before.

Firstina

Angel's Little Avenger
I'm sorry I don't agree. Angel wanted a normal life for Buffy because that's what she wanted, and it was what was best for her.
Unbeknownst to him, Cordy wanted to spend her life with Angel and that was how she thrived, how they both thrived. I've addressed that I believe the reason he sent her on that vacation was mostly to no longer have to watch her with another man.
That's ok to disagree.:) IMO, Cordy have two chances to spend her life with him and she never used them. If with Groo it's quite inderstandable to want another man instead of Angel (because Angel is a mess filled with problems, to be honest) then with her choice to become a higher being not so much. It wasn't an obstacle - she could choose to love Angel and help the helpless without ascending. So, what was it? Pride? From my POV, yes.
This whole article is about the problems Angel and Cordelia had and they were very different than those that Angel and Buffy had which is because the relationships were very different. As I've stated, I DO NOT engage in ship comparing/wars because I have a tendency to ruffle feathers with my Bangel opinions andI'd rather not send this thread in that direction. So all I'm gonna say is this (and would appreciate it if it were left at this): Cangel was a more experienced and mature relationship and their doubt shows that they were being more careful to AVOID getting the same endings they did before.
I don't like ship wars either. My statememt is just describes the basic problems of vampire-human relatioships disregarding the name of the ship and it's additional "specific" in every case problems. And IMO, you can't avoid that.

Cordy_Chase

Sineya
with her choice to become a higher being not so much. It wasn't an obstacle - she could choose to love Angel and help the helpless without ascending. So, what was it? Pride? From my POV, yes.
It wasn't completely her choice, Skip was manipulating her the whole time he was "guiding" her but yeah I never really got why she suddenly caved because she was trying to tell him off, she was mad that "The powers" (which it really wasn't) picked that particular moment, when she was about to confess her feelings to Angel to want to ascend her.

My statememt is just describes the basic problems of vampire-human relatioships disregarding the name of the ship and it's additional "specific" in every case problems. And IMO, you can't avoid that.
I wasn't speaking from a vampire/human point of view. The difference has almost nothing to do with what they are.

Firstina

Angel's Little Avenger
It wasn't completely her choice, Skip was manipulating her the whole time he was "guiding" her but yeah I never really got why she suddenly caved because she was trying to tell him off, she was mad that "The powers" (which it really wasn't) picked that particular moment, when she was about to confess her feelings to Angel to want to ascend her.
Even with manipulation everybody has a free will to say to piss off and Cordy of all the people proved more than once that she is an expert in that department.
I wasn't speaking from a vampire/human point of view. The difference has almost nothing to do with what they are.
Sorry, but if it wasn't about what they are they would be on a half way to a happy land by the end of season 2 or 3 or 4 or in whatever time period they wanted. That also stands for other couples in the verse.

Cordy_Chase

Sineya
Sorry, but if it wasn't about what they are they would be on a half way to a happy land by the end of season 2 or 3 or 4 or in whatever time period they wanted. That also stands for other couples in the verse.
Not in Angel and Cordelia's case. On her end, it was about doubt, she was afraid that Angel and Buffy were an unbeatable act.

Come to think of it, there's another point I didn't think of when discussing this in the article. In 'Heartthrob' when Angel tells Cordy that no one else ever mattered like Buffy did (when they'd been close friends for two years or so now), whew, straight from the horses mouth, that had to be a major confidence killer.

Firstina

Angel's Little Avenger
Not in Angel and Cordelia's case. On her end, it was about doubt, about how Angel and Buffy was a tough act to follow.
On her end it's undoubtedly about the doubt (sorry about the wordplay). But on his side it's still mostly vampire issues (especially the perfect happiness clause) more than manpire part of him.
Come to think of it, there's another point I didn't think of when discussing this in the article. In 'Heartthrob' when Angel tells Cordy that no one else ever mattered like Buffy did (when they'd been close friends for two years or so now), whew, straight from the horses mouth, that had to be a major confidence killer.
She knew that all along before this. And it's a pity that we never had a chance to know how she felt about it exactly. Was she okay to be the second best? Was she afraid of that?

Cordy_Chase

Sineya
She knew that all along before this. And it's a pity that we never had a chance to know how she felt about it exactly. Was she okay to be the second best? Was she afraid of that?
I agree it would have been interesting if they'd directly explored her feelings about that.

bespangeled

Scooby
Black Thorn
Something I forgot to talk about it in the article is that Cordelia was the only one able to separate Angel from Angelus, who never judged Angel based on Angelus' actions. This along with her energetic personality and how she treated him like a person not a ticking time bomb is what I believe made her so easy for him to be around and open himself up to.

@Firstina and @bespangeled, thank you for your posts and Firstina, I'm not sure we've met so hey.

Though in 'Eternity' and 'Somnambulist' in AtS Cordelia more than proved that she was ready and willing to defend herself against Angelus.
Bitch had him under considerable control with FAKE holy water in 'Eternity', that's pretty badass (though he wasn't technically Angelus in that situation, he was no less of a threat)! Perhaps he could have recognized that. The team could have prepared for it with that cage like they did when they intentionally unleashed Angelus.

Interesting, I haven't been able to watch the fifth season of AtS other than 'You're Welcome' because of what I've heard about the references and appearances by Buffy. It seems to be suggested that Angel goes back to pining for her and I'm told even tells her he never stopped loving her and sorry but just knowing this stuff pisses me off, but this that you've brought up is interesting. What happens there? Don't worry I'm cool with being spoiled.

I can't say I'm surprised by this though, Cordelia had always had more patience and confidence in Angel than Buffy, than anyone really. The only time she had trouble giving him a pass was the whole Darla/Trial arc when it was a very personal backstabbing to her and everything she'd done for him.
She was quite unhappy about Angel running W&H but guided him back in the right direction, it was even her last request before she died. That's deep love. I'm kind of inclined to believe that had she permanently returned, they would have ended up back at the Hyperion.

I'm also not a comic reader, but another thing I've been told is that Angel and Buffy DO get back together in the comics, so I think your assumption is correct.
Fifth season Angel has some references to Buffy, but it's more of a contest between Angel and Spike. Spike never tells Buffy that he's back, and the only communication with Buffy is her decision that since Angel took over W&H he is now fighting for the opposite side, and no one should trust him. There is more than just Your Welcome that speaks of Cordy. When Fred is infected by the essence of a God, Angel talks about what happened to Cordy and how he can't let that happen again. It's really clear in that season that Angel is pining for Cordy.

Wesley Pryce

Angel Investigations
Black Thorn

Agree completely

Cordy_Chase

Sineya
Fifth season Angel has some references to Buffy, but it's more of a contest between Angel and Spike. Spike never tells Buffy that he's back, and the only communication with Buffy is her decision that since Angel took over W&H he is now fighting for the opposite side, and no one should trust him. There is more than just Your Welcome that speaks of Cordy. When Fred is infected by the essence of a God, Angel talks about what happened to Cordy and how he can't let that happen again. It's really clear in that season that Angel is pining for Cordy.
I actually believe that I know what line you are referring to. There was one used in a fan video about how he'd lost Cordy because she was violated and used and that all be damned if he was going to let that happen again and I do know that Fred dies and becomes some other being, Illyria right?

Thanks bespangeled, now you have me once again considering watching the fifth season.

bespangeled

Scooby
Black Thorn
I actually believe that I know what line you are referring to. There was one used in a fan video about how he'd lost Cordy because she was violated and used and that all be damned if he was going to let that happen again and I do know that Fred dies and becomes some other being, Illyria right?

Thanks bespangeled, now you have me once again considering watching the fifth season.
Yes, it is well worth watching!

Wesley Pryce

Angel Investigations
Black Thorn
I agree with Cordy on this one. Angel sent Cordy away because it hurt him to see her with the Groosalag. And just to throw my to cents in I'm a Cangel, I think their progression from a working relationship to a friendship to a romance was extremely well done and frankly far more intriguing than the high school romance of Bangel..just my opinion. As for Cordy saying yes to Skip about ascending to the higher realm, I think she was choosing where she could do the most good over her own desires, thereby ever more so cementing her character progression from vapid princess to true blue HERO. 

I hope you do watch it Cordy, its so amazing, one of my favorites, I think you'll love it.

Cordy_Chase
Cordy_Chase
I will keep that in mind.

chasesummers

Cordy Lives
I love how Angel and Cordelia progressed from BTVS to ATS together. Without a doubt Cordy remains in Angel's heart, there is an unbreakable friendship there but there is also love.

Their path was set right for them, Cordy becoming half demon was one of them, she anchored him and set him in his path both when she was alive and when she passed away. It was a breath of fresh air seeing her on After The Fall.

I pity Joss for bringing his personal issues at work, Cordy and Angel could have really made it right.

Cordy_Chase
Cordy_Chase
[No message]

Cordy_Chase

Sineya
I love how Angel and Cordelia progressed from BTVS to ATS together. Without a doubt Cordy remains in Angel's heart, there is an unbreakable friendship there but there is also love.

Their path was set right for them, Cordy becoming half demon was one of them, she anchored him and set him in his path both when she was alive and when she passed away. It was a breath of fresh air seeing her on After The Fall.

I pity Joss for bringing his personal issues at work, Cordy and Angel could have really made it right.
So beautifully put! I'm, however, downright pissed off at Whedon for throwing his personal issues at Cangel, that whole season 4 deal was really hard on poor Charisma, but she handled it like the champ Cordy was while handling the visions as a full human.

bespangeled

Scooby
Black Thorn
That was really unfair! hy not just write her in as pregnant and then have her lose the baby - nice symmetry there if nothing else.

Top Bottom