• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Cangel Inturrupted

Priceless

Scooby
It is about perspective, you are right, and in my years in the fandom I have noticed that many (while not all mind you) of the people who feel very strongly about Cangel are very big fans of Cordelia more so than Angel (the character).
And that’s really the grandest “relationship” she ever had, so I get that.
Yes you are right in my case. I adore Cordy and I cannot see her with anyone else. She wants Angel and I want her to have what she wants lol :D But I do think that she is good for Angel in a way none of the other women in his life were

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
What I don't like about Cangel was they never looked at fixing the curse Angel had. You think he would at least looked into that :rolleyes:

ChaseRules

Sineya
I do . He spent a lot of time making it look grand & left that out .

That one of the things I blame him for myself.

ChaseRules

Sineya
Yeah they couldn’t do that because then he could be with Buffy ;) So the curse must stand!
And since the curse must stand Angel could never be happy . Who wants to be with someone who not happy .

ChaseRules

Sineya
Not really happy . Wasn't the curse if he had one moment of pure happiness he lose his soul ?

ChaseRules

Sineya
But since you don't know how happy mean broken Angel never wanted to be happy period .

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
But since you don't know how happy mean broken Angel never wanted to be happy period .
I agree with you in the sense that Angel never knew when the true happiness/perfect happiness would come. He lived in fear of setting his demon lose which is why he had to be cognizant of never allowing himself to relax enough to get to that point. This is why it is difficult for him to be in relationships but by Season 5 (Nina) he realizes not all relationships mean perfect happiness. As Wes says, it’s so rare:

Eternity: “Angel’s moment of true happiness occurred because he was with Buffy. You realize how rare that is – true happiness?”

Smile Time “99.999-ad infinitum percent of the best relationships in the recorded history of the world have had to make do with acceptable happiness.”

But still it kept him nice and broody! Except for that strange time in Season 3 which we don’t talk about.

ChaseRules

Sineya
And since Angel liked to brood it was perfect . And like you said it took him a very long time to figure that out .
Good . I don't talk about that time either .

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
Cangel was interrupted & that's largely what this thread was meant to be about tho guys.
It wasn't meant to be about Angel finding happiness or Bangel or any of Angel's other relationships.
The threads meant to be about Cangel :)
I think we're kinda losing the topic at hand on the article that's why I'm just saying haha.

Let's not turn this into a Bangel vs Cangel debate or anything like that.
That forum is already been done in The Lovers Walk lol

Last edited:

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Cangel was interrupted & that's largely what this thread was meant to be about tho guys.
It wasn't meant to be about Angel finding happiness or Bangel or any of Angel's other relationships.
The threads meant to be about Cangel :)
I think we're kinda losing the topic at hand on the article that's why I'm just saying haha.
The OP makes he argument that Cangel was “meant to be.” I think we are discussing whether we agree or disagree with that opinion. I think we are on topic even if it is to disagree with OP.

Top Bottom