• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Character Plot Hole

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I know, I know, they hadn't originally planned to make him a vampire until somewhere around writing Angel, but that doesn't stop me from finding this hole hilarious. I'm honestly just amazed that I've never caught it in the past, considering how often I've seen this show and this episode (The Harvest).

When Buffy goes to the mausoleum to save Jesse, during the bright, bright day, Angel is there, in the shadows. How did he get there? There's a padlock on the doors to the sewers, so he didn't come from there. The sun is out, has been for hours, so he didn't come from there. That means he waited around since night on the off chance that Buffy would figure out the entrance was there and come to use it. Wow. That's dedication to the cause :D

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
When Buffy goes to the mausoleum to save Jesse, during the bright, bright day, Angel is there, in the shadows. How did he get there? There's a padlock on the doors to the sewers, so he didn't come from there. The sun is out, has been for hours, so he didn't come from there. That means he waited around since night on the off chance that Buffy would figure out the entrance was there and come to use it. Wow. That's dedication to the cause :D
I can't remember the specifics, but you mentioned he was hiding in the shadows? Didn't Spike use a jacket to run around under the sun? I'm sure Angel could have done something like that.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

You gotta go be gay for that poor, dead intern...
Black Thorn
I sun is out, has been for hours, so he didn't come from there. That means he waited around since night on the off chance that Buffy would figure out the entrance was there and come to use it.
That wouldn't surprise me at all. He's been shown to have severe stalker tendencies when it comes to Buffy. And it's not like he had anything else to do. 😂

thrasherpix

Scooby
Angel said he thought she'd figure it out sooner in a way that suggested he was annoyed with her. Maybe her banter, but I could see that he'd expected her hours ago and waited around, either trapped or figuring she might try in the day.

What I see as the plothole (though an irrelevant one as it would've worked out the same regardless) is that the padlock was on the outside rather than the inside. Assuming the vampires put it there (as opposed to Angel putting it there to slow down Buffy or to slow down the vampires coming up for the Harvest), the lock should be on the inside for the convenience of the vampires and making it harder to pick (for those that would try that). Seems they'd do better with a trap (crossbow firing when the door is opened, for example) since anyone who really wanted in could probably just cut their way in (at least after a quick trip to the hardware store) no matter which side the padlock was on.

Btvs fan

Scooby
On the DVD commentary Joss admits Angel should be burning up in that scene. Tbh Angel is a coward for not going with her. He's also really stalker like

Puppet
Puppet
I didn't know that, never heard the commentaries. That's interesting, though, at least they admit to the flaw :)

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Star Trek worked on the plot conceit that the stories you were watching were re-tellings of actual events through the Captain's Logs. It's my opinion that most telefantasy works like that, with the true story occurring in some platonic ideal, and the version we see being a condensed dramatization. IMHO, Giles would interview Buffy after each incident, for his diaries. Buffy would usually leave out Angel, thinking him just a cute boy, and Giles wouldn't approve. After Angel, and Giles understood the true concern surrounding him, he sat down Buffy, and had her give the full account of Angel's involvement, of which he added to the diary margin notes, not unlike how Joss would add Angel to early scripts. Buffy just wasn't a consistent source in the early days of the series.

Ann

Nee chatwuann Bangel
Where I live, but really don't want to be.
If they hadn't made Angel a vampire yet then it is no wonder that he was not avoiding the sun and was up in the daytime. He might have walked there in broad daylight. It would seem odd to those watching after Angel was revealed to be a vampire in the episode Angel.

Top Bottom