• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Character Swap Out

white avenger

white avenger
(I'm putting this here because we don't have a Season 11 area yet. If it would be more appropriate somewhere else, please relocate)

What would you think about moving some of the support characters around in Season 11? Not Angel or Faith, obviously, because they share the tile, likewise, not Buffy or Spike because...well...they're Buffy and Spike (they share the bed, maybe?) but, for example, Giles might want to return to England, so he and Fred could swap places. The Fred/Willow contingent would love that, and there is all sorts of potential for both drama and comedy in having a Xander/Fred relationship, with Illyria tossed into the mix (just imagine, Fred being jealous of Illyria.

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Black Thorn
As long as Spike and Buffy stay put I'm open to pretty much everything. I know a lot of people want to see Willow do her own thing or go to Angel for awhile but I'd also like the original scoobies, Buffy, Willow and Xander to stay together.

Priceless

Scooby
I haven't read all of S10 yet but I'm with @GoSpuffy, as long as Spike and Buffy stay together I'm ok. I think Faith would be happy to spend time with Giles, so yes I can see that happening. I'm not a massive Fred fan so I don't really mind what happens to her, though I can't see her and Xander together personally. I do think Willow has to do something for herself, and move her story along a bit . . . in S8 she was cooing over Oz's child, so what about a Willow baby?

Priceless

Scooby
Just to toss in an unusual twist, this occurred to me. Willow/Fred complicated by Xander/Illyria. It's definitely something that's never been done.

I think the comics do get a bit repetative, so I'd be willing to give any new ideas a try. I am not sure Willow/Fred would work, only because we have seen it before, as I think it would have the same dynamic as Willow/Tara in many ways. I'd personally much prefer a Willow/Illyria dynamic. Plus the more I think about it I would love to see them raising a child together :eek:

I do like the thought of Xander/Fred - the marriage of practical and scientific. I grew to love Dawn because of her relationship with Xander, so I might grow to like Fred a bit more when I see her reflected throught Xander :)

Scooby Corps

Fly! Be free, little bird, you defy category!
How about of not making it all about ships. Are the single characters not important anymore?;)

I know a lot of people want to see Willow do her own thing or go to Angel for awhile but I'd also like the original scoobies, Buffy, Willow and Xander to stay together.

I would be okay with the Scoobies remaining together if the writers would equally concentrate on the single character arcs (independent of any relationships). They did quite well with Xander but Willow got pretty much instrumentalized and degraded merely to Buffy's support character which she simply isn't since, I'd say S03. What was cool is that she kicked a lot of ass and got injured a lot but that are just background noises and can barely be considered as a character arc and she was a lot like the third wheel behind Spike and Buffy. What development had Willow from #1 to #28? She broke up with Aluwyn (told in passing), missed Tara and learned resurrections are bad (yesterday's news). That's it. Her working for the military arc looked finally promising but it soon turned out to be merely a plot device for the Buffy/Willow conflict, nothing else. It pisses me off that she got squashed in the progress with the lesson that she better crawls back to Buffy, even though she did nothing wrong in the first place.

If I look at the sales of Wonderland or her one shot in S08 (considering that they're minis and she's driving the story alone without other main characters, they're really not bad compared to the main comics and much better than the Spike comics), it shows me that she has the potential as a lead character in her own comic. They could dig out some old characters (Willow & Lorne might have an interesting dynamic for instance) or put some effort in interesting and fleshed out new ones. Moving to A&F is another possibility because Angel and Faith don't tend to instrumentalize other characters for their own arc in contrast to Buffy.

To go to the initial thread subject:

- Willow getting own comic or moving over to A&F. Or giving her enough space in BtVS and stop abusing her for Buffy's arc. I don't think they're able to do that.
- The same with Giles.
- Fred, Angel and Faith belong together, no need to screw that up by swapping them to Buffy.
- Xander and Dawn work well at Buffy. They can keep it that way but need to concentrate more on Dawn.
- Delete Andrew. Advantage: More space for important characters. Disadvantage: None.
- At the very least less focus on Spuffy -> more focus on Buffy and Spike separately.

Priceless

Scooby
- Willow getting own comic or moving over to A&F. Or giving her enough space in BtVS and stop abusing her for Buffy's arc. I don't think they're able to do that.
- The same with Giles.
- Fred, Angel and Faith belong together, no need to screw that up by swapping them to Buffy.
- Xander and Dawn work well at Buffy. They can keep it that way but need to concentrate more on Dawn.
- Delete Andrew. Advantage: More space for important characters. Disadvantage: None.
- At the very least less focus on Spuffy -> more focus on Buffy and Spike separately.

I would agree with deleting Andrew. By any mean necessary.

Willow definitely needs something of her own, perhaps seperate from the central Buffy story. I actually like the idea of her raising a child, but I know it's not everyones idea of excitement :) I am not sure if Willow could carry her own comic, I think she'd be taken too far away from the core scoobies and that wouldn't work long term.

I do think Faith and Angel belong together, I was disappointed that they bought Fred back :eek: For me that was a backward step. Nothing new can happen if they just keep re-introducing old characters, it's just lazy writing, depending too much on our memories to fill in the blanks and I don't like it. I want some effort put into introducting new people and building up their backstories.

And if everyone can come back from the dead, where is the jeporday? There is no tension when no one can die.

Of course I would say this, but I want to see more Spuffy. I want to see Spike and Buffy grow separately, but I always want to see them growing together :)

white avenger

white avenger
How about of not making it all about ships. Are the single characters not important anymore?;)

Sorry, not my original intention to start another ship discussion. Primarily, I was using a Giles/Fred swap out because they would be the most logical two to change. Giles is British, so he might like to return home, and Fred had been a former California resident. The ship part was only tossed in as an afterthought, primarily because of the obvious beginning of a bond between the two characters when Willow went to help Angel and pick up Faith. They wouldn't have to be lovers to be close, though some undertones of that nature might be interesting, especially since, as far as we know, Fred has never had any experience in that area.

I still think, though, that a Buffy/Spike/Illyria interaction of some sort would have a tremendous comedic potential, though that sort of thing wouldn't have the same impact in the comics as it would have with live actors.

I would agree with deleting Andrew. By any mean necessary.

ABSOLUTELY!!! Andrew is the Jar Jar Binks of the Buffyverse. He should be allowed to inflict himself on Angel for awhile.

Scooby Corps

I actually like the idea of her raising a child, but I know it's not everyones idea of excitement :)

I don't like it, too daily soapy. Nurturing a baby isn't very gripping to read in the long-term and it would restrict Willow's latitude pretty much. And who would be the father? Isn't she gay? A magical conception would go too much into Angel/Darla/Connor territory. They probably would pull off another prophesy... :eek:

Besides, she is already kind of a mother of the new seed and the new magic. The storyline from S09 and Wonderland which was completely ignored in S10. Magic Town as a magical hotspot is partly a result of that storyline. Her own comic could initially kick-off with Willow traveling around the world, dealing with other of those hotspots that had formed and are now causing various kinds of problems, weird occurrences etc. She meets new (interesting) people or old ones (I kinda miss Lorne), gets a big bad in the process (not Amy, she can remain a rat for all I care and Angel should flush Warren down the toilet), learns something new of herself (maybe one Issue with her parents), etc. pp. Would be a nice foundation from where her story can develop. She still can occasionally crossover back to BtVS for those friendship/Scooby moments (Or the other way around. Xander or Buffy crossover to her). They would be much more valuable that way.

I am not sure if Willow could carry her own comic, I think she'd be taken too far away from the core scoobies and that wouldn't work long term.

I think it's the other way around. The writers don't seem to have any new ideas with the Billow friendship but repetitious opposing them in a conflict. A bit cuddling and eating ice-cream together don't suffice. Are Xander and Willow even still friends? When was the last meaningful interaction between them? Regarding the sales, it's at least worth a try for an own comic. Success or unsuccess would depend on the writing quality. Christos Gage in A&F S09 muse, without restrictions, could pull it off for instance, imo.

I was disappointed that they bought Fred back :eek: For me that was a backward step. Nothing new can happen if they just keep re-introducing old characters, it's just lazy writing, depending too much on our memories to fill in the blanks and I don't like it. I want some effort put into introducting new people and building up their backstories.

I basically agree with you. Fred is an exception to me since she became an actually interesting character with the whole Illyria subject. Before she was pretty flat. I second you regarding new characters. Most of them are so superficial, Lake for instance. An example for an interesting fleshed out new character is Nadira. A&F seems, in general, doing better in that depart.

And if everyone can come back from the dead, where is the jeporday? There is no tension when no one can die.

Agree! I hated that they brought back Warren and Rack and I'm glad that Tara and Anya remain dead.

I want to see Spike and Buffy grow separately

I could bear Spuffy much more if they'd finally do that.:D They have a lot to make up for before I'm going to like this pairing.

He should be allowed to inflict himself on Angel for awhile.

No, no, no!!! He can inflict himself on himself in the off between the issues. Thank you very much!:p

@Carrie Hopewell
Quick appeasement policy: Spuffy is the devil! Long live Bangel! :D

In all seriousness: Since it doesn't feel like they will end Spuffy soon, I hope at least they make it interesting and more in the background (like they should do with all ships) so I don't have this constant urge to roll my eyes when the subject comes up.

Carrie Hopewell
Carrie Hopewell
Don't you dare ship Spuffy now! Under no circumstances :)

Carrie Hopewell

Little girl lost in the woods
Sineya
@Carrie Hopewell
Quick appeasement policy: Spuffy is the devil! Long live Bangel! :D

In all seriousness: Since it doesn't feel like they will end Spuffy soon, I hope at least they make it interesting and more in the background (like they should do with all ships) so I don't have this constant urge to roll my eyes when the subject comes up.

Ah you're forgiven then ;)
You're right about Spuffy though. It is possible to make them more interesting. It will never be as interesting as some relationships on the show though. Comics isn't the the right medium for that, I think.

Also, I agree 100% with what you said about Willow. She's a badass :p Of course she can rock her own comic! I mean, if Buffy can do it :rolleyes:

Priceless

Scooby
She meets new (interesting) people or old ones (I kinda miss Lorne), gets a big bad in the process (not Amy, she can remain a rat for all I care and Angel should flush Warren down the toilet), learns something new of herself (maybe one Issue with her parents), etc. pp. Would be a nice foundation from where her story can develop. She still can occasionally crossover back to BtVS for those friendship/Scooby moments (Or the other way around. Xander or Buffy crossover to her). They would be much more valuable that way.

Great idea, seeing Willow with her parents, I think there could be some drama in that and some comedy.
After saying I don't like them bringng the dead back to life, I would like to see Lorne too. He had a very individual character and he could definitely add to a Willow comic. I do think most fans who already buy the current comics would buy a Willow comic just because it's part of the universe. I know I would and I'm not a particular fan of Willow, but I am not a fan of anything too episodic, there would have to be a series long arc to keep me interested.

I would add that in the UK there are a lot of same sex couples who are parents. I live in a little village and I know at least one gay couple with twins, it's pretty normal nowadays, with sperm donors etc. And in reality Willow doesn't even have to be in a relationship, she could quite easily be a single parent. But I totally understand it wouldn't be very exciting for a comic arc., although I do see it as a progression of Willows story, as she has been the only scoobie (that I can remember) who has ever shown any liking to children

Carrie Hopewell

Sineya
Let's swap Buffy with Faith. Angel&Buffy has a nice ring to it :p

Why it would work:

Angel's comics have a nice effect on the characters, so maybe Buffy would be bearable there. Fred would be a good influence on her as well. And we'd have Bangel, because why settle for second best? *cough Spuffy* Buffy is more tolerable when she's with Angel compared to everyone else anyway. Or they could just develop a strong friendship, therefore helping Buffy improve herself outside of a relationship. That way Buffy wouldn't ruin Angel's character. Either way we'd be rid of Spuffy!
Plus Faith would get the Scoobie Gang in shape - she has a zero bullshit policy and I'm pretty sure she'd kill Andrew. Spike being away from Buffy would be of the good. Also @DoktorRock Fillow!

Scooby Corps

Great idea, seeing Willow with her parents, I think there could be some drama in that and some comedy.

It worked fine with Faith and her dad as well as with Xander's parents to give their childhoods more substance and in result a better understanding of their personalities. :) The same with Buffy (expect the "neglectful father" worse than "mass murdering soulless vampire" comparison Buffy had pulled off).

I do think most fans who already buy the current comics would buy a Willow comic just because it's part of the universe. I know I would and I'm not a particular fan of Willow, but I am not a fan of anything too episodic, there would have to be a series long arc to keep me interested.

For one that, I agree. The other reason is that she has actually a lot of (silent) fans. :p But what's most important ,imo, is that it's pretty much a logical step when we consider one big long-term arc from her. It started in S04 with Willow wanting to become Buffy's equal ("I'm not your sidekick anymore") and they followed that development quite consistently till the end of S09, with big throwbacks (i.e. S06, S08/09 the loss of magic) of course. Now, on meta level, Buffy is the sort of character who doesn't work well with equal competition in the long-term. It happened with Angel, with Faith and it happens now with Willow. If they manage to flesh out Spike, as in it's not all about Buffy for him, he will face the same fate.

I guess that might be a reason why the writers repetitiously pull the Buffy Vs. Willow card, because they can't think of anything else to define and emphasize Buffy. But well, for one it's getting old and it's unfair for Willow's character. One solution is to continue like usual and remove Willow from BtVS or they take a different direction with Buffy, away from being the leader, the one and only etc. That would make sense because Buffy's character isn't really special anymore, except her human attributes. She isn't the only Slayer, her persistent insecurities aren't unique either. Characters like Buffy, Angel, Faith and Willow (and Spike eventually) are all champions of equal value. So to make Willow and Buffy work well together demands either Buffy steps back (in terms of her role in the group, logical after "Chosen" and would imo be interesting but I don't think they'd do it) or Willow leaves either to A&F (Angel works well in cooperation) or to her own adventures. Everything else leads to a crushing of Willow's character arc.

I would add that in the UK there are a lot of same sex couples who are parents.

That's so cool. :) Here in Germany, it's still in progress because of our conservative government. Thank god do we have the Federal Constitutional Court that frequently de-legalizes discriminations. Our constitution can become quite handy, but the processes are slow.

it's pretty normal nowadays, with sperm donors etc.

Yeah, I know. I just thought since BtVS works a lot with metaphors they would make an "artificial insemination" to Willow getting pregnant via magic and that leads to dangerous thoughts like prophecies with the likely result of having Connor 2.0. :D

Let's swap Buffy out and make a Buffy-free, or almost-Buffy-free season!

You know what, I've thought of that too (without any malicious intends). It might be good if Buffy would be alone for a while. The writers had to solely concentrate on her character without the temptation to abuse others to disguise that they actually have no ideas. What made Buffy special was that she worked against the odds of being the Slayer. The biggest part was that she refused to live the natural loneliness of her destiny by gathering friends and allies around her. The main reason why she was so successful in the first place. Since "Chosen", the situation is kinda reversed. She isn't the only Slayer, doesn't have to be the leader etc, maybe she needs to learn to work alone for a while. The next season works similarly like A&F S10. On the one side the Buffy arc and on the other the Scooby arcs, separately.

Let's swap Buffy with Faith. Angel&Buffy has a nice ring to it :p

Why it would work:

Angel's comics have a nice effect on the characters, so maybe Buffy would be bearable there. Fred would be a good influence on her as well. And we'd have Bangel, because why settle for second best? *cough Spuffy* Buffy is more tolerable when she's with Angel compared to everyone else anyway. Or they could just develop a strong friendship, therefore helping Buffy improve herself outside of a relationship. That way Buffy wouldn't ruin Angel's character. Either way we'd be rid of Spuffy!
Plus Faith would get the Scoobie Gang in shape - she has a zero bullshit policy and I'm pretty sure she'd kill Andrew. Spike being away from Buffy would be of the good. Also @DoktorRock Fillow!

Or scratch everything I said previously and do it like @Carrie Hopewell suggested.:D Yes to Fillow. Yes to Faith killing Andrew. Yes to Buffy proving herself outside of a relationship. :p

Carrie Hopewell

Sineya
On the one side the Buffy arc and on the other the Scooby arcs, separately.

Yeah, that would be nice. Maybe give her an arc so she can finally become cookies. I assume cookies means mature, responsible, selfless etc.

I think, as the seasons go on, Buffy gets more and more self centered. In the show, when it came to slaying, she was always badass and you could trust her to get the job done. As a friend/girlfriend/sister she could be pretty selfish though. Season 3 Buffy is probably the best Buffy. She still annoyed me sometimes, but she was a good friend, girlfriend and slayer that season - helping Willow with Oz, nursing Angel to help, trying to help Faith, saving Angel from himself at times, plus all the Hellmouth stuff. I miss that Buffy. She needs to go someplace new, meet new people, start being that Buffy again.

Or scratch everything I said previously and do it like @Carrie Hopewell suggested.:D Yes to Fillow. Yes to Faith killing Andrew. Yes to Buffy proving herself outside of a relationship. :p

Thank you. You should all listen to me ;)

Scooby Corps

Maybe give her an arc so she can finally become cookies. I assume cookies means mature, responsible, selfless etc.

Well, I hope so.

It could start with her simply taking a hiatus, away from Spike and from her friends, to clear her head. The catalyst is Willow telling her that she's going to leave (A&F or own comic, something has happened to cause this and it's a welcome opportunity for Willow). Buffy, as her usual self, thinks it's because of her (and she is partly right, considering S10). Afterwards, she gets into a fight with Spike and in extending, with Dawn, Xander and Giles because they side with Willow. That needs to be done without Buffy bashing. Tricky. Buffy has a little emotional breakdown and comes to the conclusion a little break would become her well.

Of course, she gets enmeshed in action, several supernatural cases and meets interesting people on her journey but the overall tone is finding herself, coming to terms with her life, making some conclusions, adjusting some habits, making plans for the future, yadayada

In the meantime, Spike, Xander, Dawn and Giles remain in San Francisco and have their own adventures. A good opportunity to give Spike more depth. For instance, a plausibly developed Spander friendship (instead of sudden pillow fight). And some Spawn bonding so his caring for Dawn is believable and not just convenient. In general, all four characters can breathe a bit more and develop. Giles needs his adult body back, and his arc shouldn't always be about his age or him feeling useless (since S04!). He's a great character when he isn't so damn insecure. He could work on his evasion issues (*cough* Willow) for instance. Dawn explores her keyness and rl with Xander. Xander get's something to do on his own as well.

Both storylines are of course wrapped up in action, dangers, horror, struggling, emotions, cool baddies, comic relief etc. And they're both connected to the season's big bad, which was several times foreshadowed, eventually. Buffy returns as a new person and they fight and defeat it together. Something like that. At the end, Buffy integrates herself as an equal to the group since that's what S01-07 was all about! Buffy wanting to be normal or at least as normal as it gets. Not the leader, the one with all the pressure etc. Since "Chosen" it's possible and long overdue. And I just realise it sounds pretty much like A&F S10. Damn. Well, the writers are challenged now.

I deliberately forgot about Andrew. ;) I wonder how long it would take the fans to recognise his removal :D.

Occasional crossovers (Giles to A&F/Willow, Xander to A&F/Willow, Angel or Faith to Scoobies etc.) would be appreciated.

I think, as the seasons go on, Buffy gets more and more self centered. In the show, when it came to slaying, she was always badass and you could trust her to get the job done. As a friend/girlfriend/sister she could be pretty selfish though. Season 3 Buffy is probably the best Buffy. She still annoyed me sometimes, but she was a good friend, girlfriend and slayer that season - helping Willow with Oz, nursing Angel to help, trying to help Faith, saving Angel from himself at times, plus all the Hellmouth stuff. I miss that Buffy. She needs to go someplace new, meet new people, start being that Buffy again.

I agree with everything. For me, Buffy S01-05 is overall very likeable.:)

Carrie Hopewell

Sineya
Both storylines are of course wrapped up in action, dangers, horror, struggling, emotions, cool baddies, comic relief etc. And they're both connected to the season's big bad, which was several times foreshadowed, eventually. Buffy returns as a new person and they fight and defeat it together. Something like that. At the end, Buffy integrates herself as an equal to the group since that's what S01-07 was all about! Buffy wanting to be normal or at least as normal as it gets. Not the leader, the one with all the pressure etc. Since "Chosen" it's possible and long overdue. And I just realise it sounds pretty much like A&F S10. Damn. Well, the writers are challenged now.

I really can't compete with your Willow logic or comics logic :D
I would hope that Buffy gives the whole "I just want to be normal thing" a rest though. There are so many kinds of normal you can be. She doesn't even really know what she wants: she just wants an unattainable ideal of normalcy and she should be old enough to realize that. She should also be able to realize that normal is overrated and often times an offensive/restrictive term. She spent so many seasons just wanting things because they felt normal, like Riley and most of her flings. It seemed like by Chosen she was aware of this. Turns out she wasn't. She still feels conflicted between the normal and the supernatural life. She should know if she wants "normal" she has to give up something very important to her (slaying). Instead she could be pragmatic, decide the parts of her unusual life she wants to keep and work towards an attainable "normal" life. I assume the normal life involves buying a house, moving in with her boyfriend, having a stable income and job, eventually kids? After she does this, she'll realize that's not what she wants. She tried it with Riley and it didn't work. But, I digress. I'm getting tired of saying this! Seriously, how many times must we do this? With Angel, Riley, even Spike... Lather, rinse, repeat. She used to be a much more complex, rich character.

Scooby Corps

I would hope that Buffy gives the whole "I just want to be normal thing" a rest though.

I agree with everything and your understanding of Buffy is much better than mine. I was rather focusing on Buffy carrying the "Weight of the world" on her shoulders which is part of this subject. She doesn't carry it anymore and I don't understand why everyone still demands (she herself, plus the others, in particular Giles) that she has to be in charge, make the difficult decisions etc. This problem was pretty much solved with "Chosen". Besides, S07 proved that she's a crappy leader... :D

Carrie Hopewell

Sineya
I agree with everything and your understanding of Buffy is much better than mine. I was rather focusing on Buffy carrying the "Weight of the world" on her shoulders which is part of this subject. She doesn't carry it anymore and I don't understand why everyone still demands (she herself, plus the others, in particular Giles) that she has to be in charge, make the difficult decisions etc. This problem was pretty much solved with "Chosen". Besides, S07 proved that she's a crappy leader... :D

I'm sure I don't :p
Yeah, I get that she's not alone anymore, but I suppose she's still The Slayer and she's too used to it to stop now. You don't need the weight of the world on your shoulders to carry it. I don't know enough about the comics, so I'm just theorizing here, but she's responsible for making the potentials slayers, for destroying the magic seed and for the new magic book. I think she'll always feel responsible in some way. She just needs to share the burden more. She's not going to be a slayer forever, she's going to have to quit at some point which won't be an easy transition for her.
I don't believe the problem was solved in Chosen though. Those slayers are still different from her, obtained the power differently and never experienced the full burden of being a slayer. She still feels isolated. In fact, she seems to feel isolated for a lot of different things - you can tell when she talks to Spike, she doesn't share fully. She seems isolated in the things she wants, the normal life, and that's eating up at her.
Is she a crappy leader? That time she was out of control, but she was more efficient than Faith. In Graduation Day she was a good leader for example. Also, she's still the most experienced fighter/slayer. Naturally they want her to put those skills to use. The fact they demand that of her must only isolate her further.

Again, I'm just bouncing off ideas.

Scooby Corps

I'm sure I don't :p
Yeah, I get that she's not alone anymore, but I suppose she's still The Slayer and she's too used to it to stop now. You don't need the weight of the world on your shoulders to carry it. I don't know enough about the comics, so I'm just theorizing here, but she's responsible for making the potentials slayers, for destroying the magic seed and for the new magic book. I think she'll always feel responsible in some way. She just needs to share the burden more. She's not going to be a slayer forever, she's going to have to quit at some point which won't be an easy transition for her.
I don't believe the problem was solved in Chosen though. Those slayers are still different from her, obtained the power differently and never experienced the full burden of being a slayer. She still feels isolated. In fact, she seems to feel isolated for a lot of different things - you can tell when she talks to Spike, she doesn't share fully. She seems isolated in the things she wants, the normal life, and that's eating up at her.
Is she a crappy leader? That time she was out of control, but she was more efficient than Faith. In Graduation Day she was a good leader for example. Also, she's still the most experienced fighter/slayer. Naturally they want her to put those skills to use. The fact they demand that of her must only isolate her further.

Buffy is good at delegating but not in leading, as in giving orders and the rest has to follow. "Empty Places" proved that. Doesn't matter that she found the Scythe after Spike's bullshit speech. That was pretty much writer's fiat as in she was lucky whereas Faith walked into a trap. "Innocense", "Graduation Day", "Primeval", "The Gift", "Chosen" wouldn't have worked without the contributions (ideas, actions, suggestions) of her friends. But she was still the one who had to make this last hard decision because of her unique status as THE Slayer. Well, she doesn't have to anymore. It doesn't matter if Faith or the other Slayers might have different understandings of their calling. She isn't the only one. It's as simple as that. It comes all down to her personality now. In that sense, I agree with you. She seems unable to let go of it and oddly, Giles doesn't seem to either. If we look at the destruction of the seed it was Willow who repaired the mess Angel and Buffy had created out of her own motivation and initiative. Hence, Buffy doesn't need to be in charge at all costs. It might be good, as you said, to share her "burden" by becoming an equal team member of the Scoobies.:)

Top Bottom