• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Character you would have love to seen more of

There are so many characters in the universe I wish had been more fleshed out. Mine are

Owen — Super random right? But ok, I do like spuffy (but honestly for this show, I can see how every ship works tbh), Owen was almost William like you know? Soft spoken, liked poetry, like Buffy, liked the fight. I think it would have been interesting to dynamics of his character as a Scooby; a friendship with Xander would’ve been nice, his dynamics with Spike would’ve been super interesting to me, I also think dawn may have liked him in a big brother way too.

Oz — I know he was a main but here me out, we never really had any episodes that were about him. As far as I can remember, his were finding out he was a werewolf, the Veruca episode, and him coming back. While he was on, we saw a little bit of a friendship with Xander, not much though, and I swearI only remember one episode where he and Buffy had a conversation. I just wish when he had been on, maybe he could’ve been more insightful with everyone. It just felt lost to me.

Tara — I LOVE Tara. We really only ever saw her with Willow though. Dawn and Buffy had some scenes with her in season 6, but I really only remember those. I would have loved to see her friendship with Buffy more in depth, especially in season 5 after she lost her mom. I feel like that was a great starting point for them to start truly becoming close friends. I feel like that didn’t really happen though. Tara also had a semi friendship with spike that I think could have gone deeper as well.

Ok, those are mine. Who are yours?

fauxindigo
fauxindigo
I still love Owen too. He deserved more than one ep.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
In terms of really minor characters I liked Eddie from The Freshman a lot maybe it's because Buffy was so lonely in college but I think they had a good connection and he could have stayed for a few more episodes.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
My answer will always, always, always be Sunday the Vampire; I totally would've loved for her to have been the main villain in S4, with the Initiative just playing secondary antagonists rather than the giant role they played in canon. I would want Sunday to be a turned Slayer like there was talk about back in the day and maybe get some flashbacks to her back story, which would be a perfect lead-in to S5 where Buffy wants to discover more about where she comes from and past Slayers.

fauxindigo
fauxindigo
Rather than Sunday, I'd have Drusilla sire Kendra in Becoming so in S3 we'd have 3 slayers, including slayer turned vamp Kendra.

telperion66

Potential
Ah man, there are so many!

The more I re-watch both Buffy and Angel, the more I am drawn to the minor characters that appear (usually) just for that single episode.

Off the top of my head:

Tina (City of, Angel)
Owen (Buffy, season one)
Luke (vampire, season one)
Ford (Lie to Me)

fauxindigo

Scooby
  1. Ripper (I think Giles is sexy so you can imagine what I think of Ripper)
  2. Olivia (why couldn't she have stayed in Seasons 4 & 5 and gone back to England with Giles after Buffy died in S6?)
  3. Owen (If they were only going to have him be in one episode, he should've got sired by Colin(the Anointed one) for the rest of Season 1 before Buffy had to dust him along with the Master.)
  4. Percy (He could've evolved as the stupid jock trope just like Cordelia evolved as the the mean girl trope)
  5. Amy Madison (her absence at the end of Season 6 is a tragedy)
  6. Jenny / Ms. Calendar (at least one episode devoted to her and Giles before she got killed off would've been nice)
  7. Kendra (Dru should've sired her so we got slayer vamp Kendra in S3 along with Faith)
  8. Joyce (love Kristines energy & J is an underrated character; we deserved at least one Joyce centric ep other than her death episode)
  9. Maggie Walsh (I love to hate Professor Walsh and I wish Buffy got to confront her after she tried having Buffy killed)
  10. Halfrek (What we got with her was a tease. Would've been way more interesting to see Spike & Halfrek (Cecily?) hook up in Entropy instead of Spike & Anya.)
HM: Sunday & Glory

Angel

1. Gwen (she should've played into Season 4 wayyy more than she did.)
  2. Nina (Introduced early enough in S5 to have been fleshed out more. She was an interesting match for Angel. Seeing as Cordelia fell through)
  3. Lilah (even though she's in Season 1-4, her presence is sorely missed in S5. Even if she was still dead, she should've been there.)
  4. Ilona (who TF needs Eve?! We should've had Italian Wolfram & Hart rep Ilona or a character with similar charisma in the L.A. office. Eve is one of the biggest flaws in Season 5. She was a POOR mans Lilah)
  5. Kate Lockley (I love that she's in the Angel After the Fall/Season 6 comics because it'd make sense that once the city went to hell, Kate as a cop would be out fighting.. Considering she didn't necessarily need to be in Seasons 3,4 & 5.)
  6. David Nabbit (he's like the male version of Willow or Fred, genius smart and he's rich so could provide resources to team. Plus Cordelia had a wieird thing for him.. Imagine if Cordy ended up with a "geek" like David? I would've loved it. He could spoil her and help her with her career. And he would've been on the team, with beautiful Cordelia and get the action, fighting demons that he wanted.)
  7. Groo (yes he isn't the most interesting... perhaps a bit more than "Captain Cardboard" Riley but Groo is a sweet & loyal, brave fighter- Cordy could've done way worse. Like Kate, he shows up in After the fall/Season 6 so that was cool)
  8. Lindsay (like Lilah, we had a lot of doses him but nothing too deep. His thing with Darla could've been explored more in S2)
  9. Virginia (Would've been nice to see Wesley have more of a good relationship before the affair with Lilah & the short-lived tragedy w/Fred)
  10. Gavin (kind of a wasted character. He could've been way more evil and a true foil to Lilah if not Angel.)
Hm: Hamilton & Justine (maybe they could've tried to make Justine more sympathetic? Or make her even more evil... bc she doesn't seem like a straight villain but I hate her.)

Last edited:

Dracula

Townie
BtVS: Amy, The Anointed One
Faith should've been in every episode of season 3 after she was introduced.

Angel: Doyle, Lee Mercer, Gavin, Justine, Gwen, Nina

Also there should've been more flashback scenes of Spike & Drusilla from 1900-1990.

AnthonyCordova

Earth Invasion Taskforce Unlimited
Sineya
The one I keep coming back to is Boone from Blood Money on Angel. I liked his strong sense of honor and fair play and his warrior ethos. It might have been a good idea to see him occasionally aid Angel from time to time.

spikenbuffy

"Why can't I stay"
Staff member
I totally loved Anne & would be forever disappointed because she didn't appeared much after The Thin Dead Line. I find her really sympathetic. More scenes between her & Buffy would have been great too.

Last edited:

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
Ethan Rayne
Sweet
Lindsey
Amy- I basically want to see the witches with more power besides Willow’s addiction/destroying the world crap
1st Slayer- really any of the former slayers

I would have loooooved more of Sineya and how she drove the Old Ones out of our dimension. I think she has so much to offer and unfortunately the show and even the comics have barely skimmed the surface of her potential.

I also have a weird warm spot for Molly, she was my favourite Potential and her death feels like a punch to the gut every time I watch it. I wish we'd seen more of her, or all of the Potentials really. Instead of a huge fodder army it would have been nice to limit it to just a couple of girls so we could flesh them out and make us care.

Lastly is just the student body of Sunnydale High in general. Sunnydale is supposed to be a small town so I wish we had more recurring students instead of a new rando every week, again so that we can flesh them out more and care when they're in danger.

Vardon90

Townie
Vampire Willow
Ethan Rayne
Anne
David Nabbit
Kate Lockley
Mr. Trick
Mr. Platt

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Olivia was weird one. Showing up in both the Season Premier and Hush and the finale and at the same time Black organizations were demanding more representation on Network Television indicates they had plans for the character, but then, she just disappeared. My only guess is, the Actress was located out of the UK, was one of Joss's friends, and he wrote her into Buffy whenever she was in town, and A.S.H.'s pending homesickness left Joss to move away from developing Giles.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
The cafeteria lady from "Earshot" who was planning to poison all the students.

The penis-head lady from "Doublemeat Palace".

Top Bottom