• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Characters you'd love no matter WHAT they've done?

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Bleat at me no longer, we are done.
Black Thorn
As in real life, there are people we'd champion no matter what. So, which characters would you defend (on Buffy or Angel) even if their actions were somewhat "questionable" at times?

My choices are:

Kathy Newman - Mostly I adore her because she was hilarious. Oh yeah, and she irons her jeans (which I actually do when mine are wrinkled lol). She labelled her eggs! Oh my God. Too bad her elders snatched her back to that hell dimension.

Harmony - I don't care if she was shallow, ditzy and untrustworthy....she was fun to have around. She loves unicorns, so she definitely has my support. 🦄

Anya - Yes, she tormented and killed people for centuries. But she was still awesome. Snarky, annoying, funny, very open about things, hated bunnies, loved money and sex. Hanging out with her would be interesting!

Drusilla - I TOTALLY love her. She's so goth/creepy and it's brilliant. Angelus drove her insane, which actually made her super entertaining...plus, she turned William so kudos to her. ❤️

Sunday and Veruca - They knew what they wanted, and went for it. Both of them were cool beyond measure, and very intense.

Lilah and Lindsey - Conniving, smart, goal oriented, gorgeous... I'd hang with them for sure.

Skip - Best demon ever. Just love the guy!

Illyria - Yeah, so she "borrowed" Fred's body. I'm okay with that. She can do no wrong in my eyes, she's amazing.

Faith - What a badass. Accidentally staked a human? Oh well, things happen. 😅 Plus, she's so cute!!

The Sluggoth Demon -.Ate a puppy. Yay! (I'm more of a cat person anyway) Also tunneled underground and sprang out at people. Very cool.

Dark Willow - The character that got me obsessed with the show. The flaying of Warren, threatening to turn Dawn back into what she used to be, and killing Rack were epic moments.

Okay, your turn. 😁

Last edited:

Faded90

Scooby
Buffy - if I came home and found her shagging my boyfriend I’d just make her a cup of tea

Faith - I don’t simp over her or anything like that and I’m happy to criticise her actions but that doesn’t mean I love her less 😂

Cohen

Hellhound
Willow - I just absolutely adore her growth, and honestly she's the prime example of a best friend. (but like let's pretend Comics Willow didn't exist)

Tara - She's just so compassionate, and while she started as this meek character, she became a place of strength and comfort for many characters.

Fred - I would have preferred her coming out as bisexual and stealing Willow away from Kennedy. Willow would have been a preferred addition over Spike in Season 5.

Faith - Let's be real, she's the most fun when she's dark, but I bet she still has a wild streak, even after her redemption.

Cordelia - Yes, I know she became a shell of her former self (literally), but there's just something about her charisma that I just love.

Clem - I just really appreciated his comedic timing, and I wish they would have had him around more in season 7 than Andrew. In fact, he could have come out of nowhere in CWDP and killed Andrew (after he killed Jonathan) to finish the summoning of the Turok Han, and I wouldn't be mad at it.

Giles - He went way OOC in season 7, but I still absolutely adore his paternal relationship with Buffy.

Buffy - Her character arc went all over the place, but let's be real, I wouldn't be obsessed with this show for 25 years, if it wasn't for her spunk and occasional sparkle.

Everyone else is kind of meh for me. Oh, and Joyce. I loved Joyce.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
With me its more about motivations rather than characters; I respond more sympathetically to bad actions borne out of either very good/heroic intentions or self-destructive 'I hate myself' behavior and deep-rooted esteem issues.

Obviously this plays better with certain characters actions; Wesley abducting baby Connor to protect him and Angel, Angel's firing his crew because he felt himself slipping into darkness, Faith's fall from being a white hat because she kills the Deputy Mayor, etc.

Also bad deeds out of some misguided sense of duty, which is similar to but distinct from 'good intentions' because duty is not always to the good.

Lastly vengeance because its so understandable and we all feel it to one degree or another; but with the caveat that I expect those who succeed in indulging in their vengeance get some kind of karmic comeuppance.
Buffy - if I came home and found her shagging my boyfriend I’d just make her a cup of tea

Ah, but would you forgive your boyfriend?
'Come on, she's Buffy! Bu-Fee. Slayer apostrophe The.'
'You still don't get any tea!'

:p

Faded90

Scooby
With me its more about motivations rather than characters; I respond more sympathetically to bad actions borne out of either very good/heroic intentions or self-destructive 'I hate myself' behavior and deep-rooted esteem issues.

Obviously this plays better with certain characters actions; Wesley abducting baby Connor to protect him and Angel, Angel's firing his crew because he felt himself slipping into darkness, Faith's fall from being a white hat because she kills the Deputy Mayor, etc.

Also bad deeds out of some misguided sense of duty, which is similar to but distinct from 'good intentions' because duty is not always to the good.

Lastly vengeance because its so understandable and we all feel it to one degree or another; but with the caveat that I expect those who succeed in indulging in their vengeance get some kind of karmic comeuppance.

Ah, but would you forgive your boyfriend?
'Come on, she's Buffy! Bu-Fee. Slayer apostrophe The.'
'You still don't get any tea!'

:p
He might get an understanding grey area ‘but it’s Buffy!’ pass but absolutely no tea 😂

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
My favorite character has attempted to rape The Slayer herself, which says a lot...

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Mayor Richard Wilkins III. All the down-home correctness of an era gone by and the only one to have a genuine love for Faith plus bonus: he ate Snyder!

Spike. Nothing is dull when he is around. He may do right, he may do wrong but he never does dull.

Amy Madison. She had to work at what came naturally to Willow and she was a rat for four years.

Clem. Don't care if he eats kittens, he is one of the characters like me, opportunistic, sociable, junk food junkie.

Ethan Rayne. Of course he was going to do bad things and he should have been in more episodes doing more bad things.

Olaf. How did everyone forget Olaf?

Chanterelle. A talent for getting into trouble even if she didn't cause it.

Marcie Ross. So she is a bit of a psycho, she finally got to use her talents.

Sweet. The demon dropping truth bombs on everyone.

Dora

Scooby
Anya I could not dislike her
Xander blow hot and cold for a lot of seasons but in the end never let Buffy Down when it mattered
Giles but I can never forgive him for leaving Buffy when she needed him the most
Harmony not very bright but certainly unlucky ( turned in the middle of a battle how come )
Cordy love her
Buffy like SMG can do no wrong in my eyes

KaitKat

Potential
None I think. I’ve forgiven my favs for some pretty atrocious things because I can sympathize with their motivations and have probably gotten a really good look into their psyche. Seeing as how the character who started as my favorite became unlikable to me by the end of the series and doubly so by the end of the comics I think I’ll go with their isn’t a single character that I would love no matter what they did.

There are characters that we all love to hate or just love though like The Mayor but we don’t require characters like that to do the right thing and make good choices.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Winifred Burkle is a saint who has never done a wrong thing in her life.

Charles Gunn is sheer perfection.

Cordelia Chase could step on my face and I would still worship her.

I would sell my soul to Lilah Morgan.

Darla never did anything wrong, ever.

I will love Angel until my dying day and nothing he ever does is wrong.

Cohen
Cohen
You’re right, Lilah is amazeballs!

Stake fodder

Soulless
I always like Anya even when she's awful. Maybe she has killed thousands of innocents, but she's always a laugh.

I roll my eyes at some of the things Xander does or says, but I don't think I could ever hate him.

And Buffy we understand too well to ever hate her!

WillowsFaith

Potential
Willow. She has a few questionable moments and wrong choices. But she will always be my bias🤷‍♀️
Robin Wood. I honestly don’t think anything is wrong with his character. Think fans were just made he wanted to kill spike. I think he was justified for it. Especially since I’m this world vampires are evil 😈

afanofbuffy

Townie
No matter how disgusting and despicable he is, I will always love Warren no matter what. Even when he shot Buffy and accidently killed Tara in the process, two characters that I absolutely love, I still love him very much.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Definitely Xander, mostly because with every 'bad' thing he does or says, I can usually understand why he does that or is like that, and that understanding helps me to forgive and love him still.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Bleat at me no longer, we are done.
Black Thorn
I'm going to switch this topic up a little bit, and add characters from other shows. Feel free to do so as well.

Cole Turner from Charmed: One of my major loves. Whether he was evil or trying to be good, I'd follow him anywhere. He could vaporize Angelus in a heartbeat, and probably would if they ever met. But Cole would LOVE Darla...he wouldn't put up with any nonsense from her, and she likes dominant men.

Cohen
Cohen
He got a little whiny at the beginning of season 5, but damn that sexy beast can do anything and I would be by his side!

KaitKat

Potential
I'm going to switch this topic up a little bit, and add characters from other shows. Feel free to do so as well.

Cole Turner from Charmed: One of my major loves. Whether he was evil or trying to be good, I'd follow him anywhere. He could vaporize Angelus in a heartbeat, and probably would if they ever met. But Cole would LOVE Darla...he wouldn't put up with any nonsense from her, and she likes dominant men.

I love Cole! I feel like the writers spent most of Season 5 trying to make him look bad and most fans just ended up loving him more and liking Phoebe less.

Crowley on Supernatural.

Cohen

Hellhound
I love Cole! I feel like the writers spent most of Season 5 trying to make him look bad and most fans just ended up loving him more and liking Phoebe less.

Crowley on Supernatural.
We all agree that Phoebe of season 5 was way out of character right?

Top Bottom