• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Characters You're Too Harsh On vs Characters You're Too Easy On

In my case there are two characters I'm always hard on, mostly Spike and Ethan Rayne. Specially the first one. In fact, with any knowing of what could happen in next seasons, I remember to think "I'm not gonna stand this guy" when Spike first appeared. And the prophecy was true, I never could stand the character. He has a couple of gigs, but mostly I think of kicking him! Ethan Rayne, on the other way, it's more annoying than anything else.

I'm really easy on Willow and Sid. Althought I really disagree with Willow's mistakes, I still can't hate her as other characters and persons with similar mistakes,
maybe cause I think the character actually wanted to grow, instead of staying in the same level and expecting that blaming others will do effect. And for Sid...
I feel it as me, some kind of pervert, but not a bad person actually, just maybe he should try to shut upa bit, otherwise I find him a good guy even with his flaws.

Sineya
I'm probably too hard on Xander. Sometimes there are things he says or does that just make me go yech! or roll my eyes. Then later I feel guilty because he has many wonderful qualities, but I tend to get the most easily annoyed with him.

I started off easy on Riley, then I went too hard on him. Partly becauseI I felt - similar to Xander - there was some kind of double standard moralising rhetoric that developed later.

I think I'm too easy on Buffy, mostly bc I think she deserves it? There I go!

In my case there are two characters I'm always hard on, mostly Spike and Ethan Rayne. Specially the first one. In fact, with any knowing of what could happen in next seasons, I remember to think "I'm not gonna stand this guy" when Spike first appeared. And the prophecy was true, I never could stand the character. He has a couple of gigs, but mostly I think of kicking him! Ethan Rayne, on the other way, it's more annoying than anything else.

I'm really easy on Willow and Sid. Althought I really disagree with Willow's mistakes, I still can't hate her as other characters and persons with similar mistakes,
maybe cause I think the character actually wanted to grow, instead of staying in the same level and expecting that blaming others will do effect. And for Sid...
I feel it as me, some kind of pervert, but not a bad person actually, just maybe he should try to shut upa bit, otherwise I find him a good guy even with his flaws.
Oh, interesting! Never heard anyone critique Ethan before. I find him entertaining, and a credible villain. The chemistry with Giles is good too. If you find him annoying based on just the two or three episodes just think how much more annoying he would have been if he more episodes!;)

For me I'm probably too light on Spike. To me he is such a consistently entertaining and engaging character with some of the show's best dialogue and possibly that leads to me overlooking his flaws a little. And maybe I have a bit of an extreme reaction to Connor:eek: Mostly because of the way he derails the plot (Spin the Bottle for example). Generally, I just find him one of the most boring and annoying characters of either show.

Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
A kindred soul.
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
to be fair Conner's pretty annoying