• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Charisma claims she never hid her pregnancy and is backed by Tim

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
My understanding is that she was waiting until closer to the 12 week "safe" point before telling people. I don't think that should be considered hiding a pregnancy. And really it's no one's business.

Speculation...but maybe some were upset she didn't run to them and tell them right after she got a positive test and consider that hiding it? (Which would be total BS).

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Contracts for Actors and Actresses have certain clauses in them, like, you can't get a hair cut or tattoo, you have to maintain a certain weight, a morality clause et al. My guess is, CC, was required to provide notice within a certain amount of time of learning she was pregnant, and she met that legal requirement.

Btvs fan

Scooby
My understanding is that she was waiting until closer to the 12 week "safe" point before telling people. I don't that should be considered hiding a pregnancy. And really it's no one's business.

Speculation...but maybe some were upset she didn't run to them and tell them right after she got a positive test and consider that hiding it? (Which would be total BS).
Some ! let's just outright say Joss. When all's said and done, the story that she got pregnant, he got pissed, character assassinated her then fired her, is accurate.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
There are way too many myths being passed around by the fandom.
Abso-flippin-lutely. There has been so much over the years that I just point and laugh at from my couch, usually coming from people who could not possibly have a clue. I also do this when people say "the writers/network did this or that blah blah blah..." it's just baseless gossip. I prefer the chats that stick in show and it feels like as time has gone on fans have become more critical of the creators than of the story lines and characters. It's such a bore.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Yeah, I always figured that what was meant by 'hiding', it was more 'not telling until I'm sure I won't lose this one'.
It was never malicious. 'Hiding' implies being deceptive, when in fact CC was just hoping that this child came to term.

Wasn't that was the controversy in the first place? treating somebody so harshly within the show for doing an understandable thing given their past.

It's crazy since other shows have managed to work an actresses pregnancy into the storyline and make it work without sacrificing character; The X-Files is the best known one but The Blacklist did it as did Wynona Earp.

Btvs fan

Scooby
Why bring this up years later. Also I refuse to even believe this. It should've been told at the time, not after.
It was told at the time. Charisma has always been open about what happened. There's literally videos on Youtube of her speaking about this subject.

W

WillowFromBuffy

My understanding is that she was waiting until closer to the 12 week "safe" point before telling people. I don't that should be considered hiding a pregnancy. And really it's no one's business.
But where does this understanding come from, though?

DagonSphere

Potential
Let's move on, it's been 100 years. Whatever happened during season four that led to Charisma's dismissal, it's done. It doesn't need to be dissected any further. Point is, she was a vital and beloved part of the show.

W

WillowFromBuffy

Let's move on, it's been 100 years. Whatever happened during season four that led to Charisma's dismissal, it's done. It doesn't need to be dissected any further. Point is, she was a vital and beloved part of the show.
She's making this statement in response to a recent listicle. It has become accepted truth that Charima angered Joss by hiding her pregnancy. If everyone believes this despite what Charisma, Tim and David all claim, then maybe we should find out why we all believe it.

Spanky
Spanky
Aw, don't worry. It's okay to fail at something.

TriBel

Scooby
She's making this statement in response to a recent listicle. It has become accepted truth that Charima angered Joss by hiding her pregnancy. If everyone believes this despite what Charisma, Tim and David all claim, then maybe we should find out why we all believe it.
I don't believe it or disbelieve. In truth, I don't care and it makes no difference to my understanding of the text. Does this make me a fundamentally bad person? o_O

vznspike
vznspike
No, it doesn't, it makes you a realistic person who doesn't care for gossip or other peoples dramas, and these days that is a priceless and rare gift
W

WillowFromBuffy

In truth, I don't care and it makes no difference to my understanding of the text. Does this make me a fundamentally bad person? o_O
I don't know. I don't understand the text at all. Does that make me a fundamentally stupid person? :p

Top Bottom