• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Charisma claims she never hid her pregnancy and is backed by Tim

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
We shouldn't pass around plausible rumours just because they're plausible.
Why not? Isn't that an integral part of fandom? Rumors and innuendo are always spread, both about the show as well as about the cast. By saying "we" should not pass around rumors would greatly redefine what it means to be a fan for many people I think.

"You" can choose not to pass around rumors, but asking fans to do so seem a little... implausible.

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
Then why are you claiming to have an understanding that she waited the first trimester? You have no grounds for it. I don't care if she hid it. That's not the issue. We shouldn't pass around plausible rumours just because they're plausible. Let Charisma speak for herself.
Because that is normal? I don't think waiting to tell your employer you are pregnant until you and the doctors feel it is a viable pregnancy is "hiding" a pregnancy. CC herself said that the storyline for season 4 had to be redone quickly, my guess is that is where some people got the impression she kept it from people. Saying she likely waited until after the first trimester isn't starting rumors, its stating a fact about they general way women share pregnancy. If you had ever been pregnant or have had a miscarriage you'd understand.

I really don't get what your issue is. Good on CC for clarifying that she didn't hide the pregnancy, but I don't think I've ever been a part of any rumors to make her look bad. And I don't think there is a widely accepted narrative that she went out of her way to hide her pregnancy like this article is doing....its just click-bait. And click-bait that buffy boards is not responsible for.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Because that is normal? I don't think waiting to tell your employer you are pregnant until you and the doctors feel it is a viable pregnancy is "hiding" a pregnancy. CC herself said that the storyline for season 4 had to be redone quickly, my guess is that is where some people got the impression she kept it from people. Saying she likely waited until after the first trimester isn't starting rumors, its stating a fact about they general way women share pregnancy. If you had ever been pregnant or have had a miscarriage you'd understand.
I think certain people took did not disclose immediately as hiding. And well, seeing as they were writing and filming weekly, waiting on it does affect a lot and causes a ton of problems. But she didn't have to tell anyone until she was sure either. It's sad that I can see both sides. By both I mean JW and CCs of course.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Apologies if I misunderstood you. I thought you were not understanding why a woman would not disclose the rate of child growth.

So if I understand correctly now, you are not mad about pregnancy but are mad about fandom fake news? And an article that spread fake news because it got its info from anonymous online fans. Here I thought it was up to the reader to seek the truth. That's what all the election adverts on Instagram tell me anyway.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
I think certain people took did not disclose immediately as hiding. And well, seeing as they were writing and filming weekly, waiting on it does affect a lot and causes a ton of problems. But she didn't have to tell anyone until she was sure either. It's sad that I can see both sides. By both I mean JW and CCs of course.
I'm going to be completely honest here...if I were the showrunner, and I'd set up this involved arc about a character...then she got pregnant, I'd be pissed. Like me, Joss is high strung, moody, and somewhat unstable...I can understand why he'd freak out if the character he was featuring got preggers. A lot of writing probably had to be trashed, and he had to re-imagine most of an entire season. He's not known for his patience and empathy. 😅

OR...was he having an affair with her and that kid is actually his?! 😨

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
This is why people should not pass around implausible rumors. Especially since one implausible rumor was CC was one of the ones that JW was shagging behind his wife's back. They do have a certain symmetry though.

B
Btvs fan
Im not saying its true but I wonder why you think it's implausible ?

Btvs fan

Scooby
Whether the kid is his is one question. Though a paternity test couldve easily solved that. Besides I doubt his wife would've ignored a love child when she called him out for what he did.
Whether Charisma was one of his affairs and his ego got stung is another matter though.

Though the suspects for that are normally AH and AA. Hasn't Charisma openly said in the past she didn't like the Angel show spotlight going from her to Fred as the main female character. Could be so.e issues there

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Now, now don't spread fake news on a fansite.
But... is it really fake news? Has anyone ever came out and said that never happened? So we don't know it's fake. Don't you go around telling people not to spread fake fake news.

@Btvs fan I think it's implausible because Joss, at that time, was in the full swing of his weird troll look that he has down pat now. I don't think CC would want to do that. She was doing plenty of other people.

If it were early JW when he just had his odd, dork look, it might could have happened, but once that hair started falling out, not even Rogaine could save him.

Btvs fan

Scooby
@Btvs fan I think it's implausible because Joss, at that time, was in the full swing of his weird troll look that he has down pat now. I don't think CC would want to do that. She was doing plenty of other people.

If it were early JW when he just had his odd, dork look, it might could have happened, but once that hair started falling out, not even Rogaine could save him.
Its impossible to know. 20 year olds are still having babies with 70 year old Mick Jagger and it is Hollywood.

The only one whose only come out and said she hasn't slept with Joss is Marti Noxon.

The main suspects are SMG s1 /Hannigan/Acker/Dushku and Summer Glau with Stephanie Romanov thrown in for good measure.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
(And Charisma said she never saw Joss being inappropriate with anyone on set.)
Of course not. He's no fool. You wouldn't do it out in the open. Maybe that's why he invited cast members to his house all the time.

Hey, the kid looks like Joss.
Suffice to say I do not believe the child to be an angelic offspring.

That hair will give me nightmares.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Looks like she's on Bedford in Beverly Hills. There's a building there with a lot of doctors. (I have one) Probably took her kid there.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Whether Charisma was one of his affairs and his ego got stung is another matter though.
I don't think she was because otherwise she could've easily spilled the beans which Joss wanted to avoid. Likewise I don't think it was SMG or AH especially as Joss is still close to AH and AD. If anything, the most likely suspect would be MM since she went from a recurring character on Buffy and guest star in Angel to a regular role in Season 5. Plus she fits the mould of "young and desperate" which Joss described the women he slept with as.

Btvs fan

Scooby
I don't think she was because otherwise she could've easily spilled the beans which Joss wanted to avoid. Likewise I don't think it was SMG or AH especially as Joss is still close to AH and AD. If anything, the most likely suspect would be MM since she went from a recurring character on Buffy and guest star in Angel to a regular role in Season 5. Plus she fits the mould of "young and desperate" which Joss described the women he slept with as.
You might be right about MM. It was more than one woman from what's said though.

Ie AH You can break up with someone and still be friends.
I myself know a girl who had dated a famous former Star Trek Voyager writer,(he was fine except when he was coked up then he got violent, she tells me with a straight face) and she showed me his texts with him trying to get back in touch with her, asking how she is etc. I told her not to respond to those texts. She did and is still friendly with him but didn't get back with him. Its all creepy but normal for Hollywood.

Iv seen on other sites that said it was an open secret in the Industry at the time. Certainly changing a whole character arc from where Willow went bad due to her insecurities/lust for power and a desire for control, to the more victimish Magic addict was at the instigation of AH who was worried about how the fans would perceive her. Not many actresses have that power yet Joss did it for her. Hell she wasn't even the original Willow.

Ie SMG. She wasn't dating FPJ till 2000 There was always that early S2 line/joke about don't do that thing that boys like with your mouth. She had originally only come into read for Cordelia then suddenly she becomes Buffy, the main character. If she's ambitious for the part, maybe she did what had to be done. You've also got the Jeff Pruit/Sophia Crawford complaint about her having to much influence with the boss.

Last edited:
DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
I thought it was the other way around. CC read for Buffy but became Cordelia.

Taake

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Staff member
Black Thorn
Ok, let's steer straight off this whom did Joss most likely sleep with. It's not only pure speculation but off topic to boot. To quote the OP "There are way too many myths being passed around by the fandom."

Let's get back on track, shall we.

katmobile

Scooby
I mean, you don’t need imagination for the 12 weeks thing, that is standard medical practice (which includes Charisma, since this is Charisma specific). It is a high risk period for miscarriage, which is far more common than most seem to think it is.

As for 4-5 months and pernicious hiding, I must be hanging out on the right side of the fandom because I’ve never seen that as a general assumption. It has always been about CC being careful about telling until it was safe to do so, due to earlier miscarriages (which granted may have been fables from interviews not properly quoted). And everybody thinking Joss was a terrible monster for nor having understanding and compassion with her situation and being a child about it.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone suggest that Charisma was in the wrong here, or that it went on for months.

But then, Twitter is kind of a cesspool so of course it’d pop up there.
I completely understand the caution. When I was first pregnant I told everyone and had a miscarriage. The second time around I waited until I had the first scans. Early miscarriages are very common so much so that you have to have three on the trot before the doctors start investigating what's going wrong.

Taake
Taake
I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Leo

"Mist... cemetery... Halloween. Should end well."
I completely understand the caution. When I was first pregnant I told everyone and had a miscarriage. The second time around I waited until I had the first scans. Early miscarriages are very common so much so that you have to have three on the trot before the doctors start investigating what's going wrong.
So sorry to heard that. People who hasn't experienced that cannot really understand how difficult it is.

Top Bottom