• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Chris Burrous, beloved KTLA anchor, dead at 43

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black sun/blood moon
Black Thorn
I just woke up to this news...and I feel like I was kicked in the stomach. Anyone who's watched the KTLA Weekend News will know what I mean. Chris Burrous was funny, snarky, and incredibly entertaining. It's awful watching his colleagues trying to do the news without breaking down. This is horrifying. He was in a motel when he died...why wasn't he with his wife, Mai, daughter, Izabella, and family kitteh, Stellaluna? He overdosed?! He was unhappy and alone when he died? Awww, man. Just...no. No no no. 😢

Chris Burrous, Beloved KTLA Anchor, Dead at 43

bbce5cd20da38142ab2c77d9a300461d.jpg

Chris Burrous, KTLA's Morning Newsanchor since 2011, has died. He was 43.
Burrous' death was reported by KTLA on Thursday evening. In a statement,Glendale Police said he was found unresponsive at a Days Inn motel in Glendale, California, at 1:14 p.m. on Thursday after receiving a call from a man who was with Burrous. Paramedics administered CPR at the scene before transporting Burrous to a hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
Police say the original emergency call indicated a possible overdose, and they are investigating the matter.
Burrous joined KTLA in 2011 after 14 years as a reporter and anchor at various, predominantly Californian, news stations. A fixture of KTLA's morning broadcasts for the last several years, he was well known for his "Burrous' Bites" food segments. He was also a comforting and informative presence on screen during local tragedies such as the mass shooting at the Borderline bar in Thousand Oaks and recent natural disasters such as the deadly California wildfires.
KTLA president and general manager Don Corsini and news director Jason Ball issued a statement Thursday night: “Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Burrous family. Chris loved sharing the stories of Southern California and connecting with our viewers. He will be remembered as a great journalist and a wonderful friend to many. He brought a kindness to his work and will be deeply missed by the entire KTLA family.”
Burrous is survived by his wife Mai-Do Burrous and 9-year-old daughter Isabella.

Last edited:

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Sorry to hear that someone who seemed to be very entertaining and good at his job is now gone. 43 seems to be a dangerous year for a lot of people. I first noticed this when Al Boliska, a popular radio DJ in Toronto, died at that age. But there are a few more people who died at age 43:

Natalie Wood
John Candy
Django Reinhardt
Bessie Smith
Louis Braille

43 is an interesting number in numerology. It is the number of oblivion, of things that do not exist. It is the lowest positive integer that does not appear in the Bible. From the one God to the 42 youths who accosted Elisha and were eaten by a couple of bears and the 42 months of the Beast, there is an event for every number but there is nothing for 43. Technetium, atomic number 43 does not have a stable isotope and does not exist in any large quantity in nature. Every other element up to Polonium, atomic number 84, has a stable isotope although Bismuth, atomic number 83, is said to be unstable but with one isotope that lasts 10^^18 years which is as close to stable as it gets.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black sun/blood moon
Black Thorn
There are reports leaking out that Chris OD'd on heroin, and the "male friend" he was at the motel with was a hooker. Honestly, I HAD been wondering why he was at a motel in the afternoon, on a weekday, with a dude. 😂 And I kind of figured that something was going to come out. It's LA!! The Coroner's office completed the autopsy, but the results are "pending." Cover-up? Maybe. But I'm sure that some sordid crap is floating around.

Seriously, if you're going to go out, do it in a big way. 😊 I'm glad I heard about this, because I feel less upset about the entire situation. I was all sad and numb, this kooky family guy was suddenly gone, yada yada, then...bam!! Heroin and hookers in the afternoon. It's hard to be sad when you're giggling. 😂😂

Last edited:

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black sun/blood moon
Black Thorn
Something fishy is going on. Like, a complete media black out regarding further details about Chris' death. Perhaps the guy he was with is a big wig. Hmmm. Not a peep from anyone. Even Harvey Levin has nothing to say! THAT is suspicious.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black sun/blood moon
Black Thorn
I respect hard partying, in fact I encourage it. But because I'd watched Chris on the weekend news for five years, I was used to him being silly and outrageous. You get used to someone's "image" when you see them so much.

However...this dude was raunchy af! Damn. THAT was a party. 😂

giphy.gif

Top Bottom