• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Christian Kane set to star in new TNT show

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
TNT has officially ordered 10 episodes of The Librarians, a new series based on the network's Librarian films starring Noah Wyle. The series stars Rebecca Romijn and centers on an ancient organization whose mission is to protect the world from the secret, magical reality that's hidden all around us. Wyle will executive-produce the show and reprise his role as Flynn Carsen from the movie trilogy in a recurring capacity. Christian Kane (Leverage), Lindy Booth (Dawn of the Dead), John Kim (Neighbors), and John Larroquette (Night Court) also star. [TNT via press release]
http://www.tv.com/news/the-librarians-rebecca-romijn-noah-wyle-139717526215/

I've never heard of the movies, sound interesting though, anyone seen them, any good?

white avenger

white avenger
http://www.tv.com/news/the-librarians-rebecca-romijn-noah-wyle-139717526215/

I've never heard of the movies, sound interesting though, anyone seen them, any good?
You really should see them, they're a sort of fun takeoff on the Indiana Jones/Lara Croft type movies. Netflix had them at one time, though I'm not sure if they still do. Wal-Mart had the 3 disc set a few years ago for under $10, and you could find them on places like Ebay and Amazon really cheap.

And, of course, there are all sorts of websites that have them for free, but I would never recommend that you visit such sites, because they are probably breaking all sorts of copyright laws just by offering them.

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
You really should see them, they're a sort of fun takeoff on the Indiana Jones/Lara Croft type movies. Netflix had them at one time, though I'm not sure if they still do. Wal-Mart had the 3 disc set a few years ago for under $10, and you could find them on places like Ebay and Amazon really cheap.

And, of course, there are all sorts of websites that have them for free, but I would never recommend that you visit such sites, because they are probably breaking all sorts of copyright laws just by offering them.
Hows the acting? I checked out the trailer and wasn't overly impressed, but it didn't seem awful.

It's not on the UK or US Netflix anymore, just had a look.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
That sounds cool. I liked the movies, they're pretty good. I'll have to check it out when it airs.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I liked the movies too, I always enjoyed Noah, whatever he was in, and it felt like a fun little set-up.

I do tend to like those Archeaology/Secret History/ Mystic artefact kind of things. I might check this out. :)

white avenger

white avenger
I read somewhere, and, of course, now can't find it again to post here, that Noah Wylie, the star of the original 3 movies, will be in the series premier and possibly some of the later shows, as much as his work on "Falling Skies" will allow.

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
I read somewhere, and, of course, now can't find it again to post here, that Noah Wylie, the star of the original 3 movies, will be in the series premier and possibly some of the later shows, as much as his work on "Falling Skies" will allow.
It's in BEG's op, lol.

Christian has cut his hair for this role. As all of you know, I love the long hair, but the short hair - I can definitely deal with that, lol. But he seriously looks like Lindsey when he was in 'City Of'. It's like the man hasn't aged!!

white avenger

white avenger
It's in BEG's op, lol.

Christian has cut his hair for this role. As all of you know, I love the long hair, but the short hair - I can definitely deal with that, lol. But he seriously looks like Lindsey when he was in 'City Of'. It's like the man hasn't aged!!
No, this was something else that went into more detail about the new characters' backgrounds and something about how they explain Noah replacing Bob Newhart's character.

Taake

Kissing Toast
Staff member
Black Thorn
Lol, I've seen the movies (thought they were absolutely awful) so pass on this for me!

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
I really wanted to get into the movies, but I couldn't. I can't save I've watched one all the way through though. The premise interests me so maybe the show will be more my thing.

Could CK have short hair in it? That would help.

:)

Nix

Evil Nix 😈
Sineya
I'm so excited about this, saw the trailer on tv the other night :D

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
It's like the man hasn't aged!!
He a vampire! Run. Note, Lyrificus, I did not state a direction. While sane peoples choose the 'away' direction you would opt for the to.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
I just watched that trailer. Looks pretty good. I don't know how much Noah Wylie is involved but it looks like more then just the first episode. I love CK's voice. He reminds me of Luke from Gilmore Girls. Both good looking rugged men. I also like Lindy Booth, every since she was on the Disney show 'The Famous Jett Jackson', so it's nice to see her in something new. I'll have to check this show out. I wonder if they will play all the movies on TV the night before or something.

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
So, I've just watch the first season of The Librarians.
It reminded me somewhat of Warehouse 13. Just not quite as good...

I wanted to like it more than I did.
The characters just didn't worked that good for me.
Think I actually liked Noah Wyle the most so perhaps I should watch the movies instead.

Don't think that I have seen Christian Kane in anything else than this and AtS.
Must say that very much preferred him in AtS.

/SK

nightshade

Can I be a sloth?
Staff member
Black Thorn
I just finished season too, I enjoyed it, but it was what I expected, a cross between the librarian movies and leverage! It's an easy show to dip in and out of so I'll probably watch season 2 if they have one.

nightshade

Can I be a sloth?
Staff member
Black Thorn
well season 2 is done with and they're shooting a season 3 now, so this is going well, although they are only 10 episode seasons though.

Got to admit Flynn is in it more than I though he would be.

Top Bottom