• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Christian Kane Was Nervous About Lindsey Posing As Doyle

Eleftheria

Scooby
It was sad to use Doyle's name. I wondered how they could have thought to use it. It clearly shows that Lindsay is ruthless and evil. He uses the name of the person who guided Angel in his redemption journey...a person who died and became a hero.

I understand it would have been really hard for both actors, Christian and David, since they were close to Glenn. Maybe the writers could have chosen another name for Lindsay to use.

Lindsey McDonald

Spirit Boy
Well, Glenn Quinn died in 2002 of really horrible circumstances... this season of Angel was airing in 2003. :( That's why I thought it was in poor taste.
I hadn't realised it was so close. But even so, a whole year had passed, and it was a three episode arc that ultimately honoured Glenn's character. It was a tribute. It's not like it was some kind of cheap throwback. I thought it was a good way of showing that Glenn WAS Doyle, and he couldn't be replaced, but now he was gone. The conclusion to the arc was both sensitive and touching, and it allowed Glenn a place in the 100th episode without resorting to hokey (and out of place) sentimentality.

For me, it worked both on both thematic and tributory levels.

MinwaraYana
MinwaraYana
[No message]
B
Bungle Jerry
[No message]
B
Big Damn Hero
[No message]

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
Yeah, I could see why the actors were sketchy about doing it, but it was a brilliant idea.

Allot of power in a name, and by having him use Doyles name that annoyed the crap outta us, the same way it did the characters. Thats good TV.

Plus we got those awesome moments in Your Welcome where they watch the 'Rats' tape and then Cordy and Angels reaction to it, so it ended up as a lovely shout out to the first soldier down.

L
Lindsey McDonald
[No message]

HisMrs

The Walking BED
Sineya
True, BEG... It was a brilliant move on the writers' part because it made you feel something the moment he said the name. Long-time fans could feel the sadness and anger of Cordelia and Angel at Lindsey using that name. But I just thought it was disrespectful to GLENN.

Big Damn Hero

Scooby
I thought the arc was an amazing tribute to both Glen and Doyle. And it worked so much more effectively because of Lindsey using Doyle's name.

Top Bottom