• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Christmas Movies...

Hunga Munga

Scooby
I meant to do a little Hallmarkathon before Christmas but I'm running out of time now .

Not much of a film guy so likely it'll be tv Christmas stuff .

I saved the last few episodes of Hawkeye .
I'll be doing Buffy : Prophecy Girl through to School Hard .
I might do Community Christmas episodes , I m thinking some Frasier holiday episodes too .
A few Christmas themed Youtube bits , mostly 'Rate My Takeaway' .
Might indulge in some Gilmore Girls if I'm feeling sentimental :p .

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
So far I've seen Love Actually, Polar Express and Robin,Robin. Robin, Robin was a new one for this year, it was cute if Netflix has it next year I'd watch it again.

Watching Nightmare Before Christmas tonight.

I don't get a lot of time before Christmas to watch because of working more, but I might watch something Christmas morning too.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
How do you classify if a film is a Christmas film?

To me it is if a films primary reason is about Christmas. So, to say Die Hard is a Christmas film is a bit off. The main tale of that film is the taking of a plane not the occasional glimpse of a Christmas tree.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
How do you classify if a film is a Christmas film?

To me it is if a films primary reason is about Christmas. So, to say Die Hard is a Christmas film is a bit off. The main tale of that film is the taking of a plane not the occasional glimpse of a Christmas tree.
To me it's only an xmas movie if the holiday is somehow important to the story.
Die Hard could be set on any other holiday (or even just a regular day) and bascially be the same movie.

Dogs of Winter

Potential
To me it's only an xmas movie if the holiday is somehow important to the story.
Die Hard could be set on any other holiday (or even just a regular day) and bascially be the same movie.
Oh you are taking a risk there! Not sure if it is a UK thing but I have seen people getting quite aggressive about whether Die Hard is a Xmas movie or not :)

Although I do agree. I used to think Die Hard was a Xmas movie but now I would say it is a movie that just happens to be set at Xmas. I still think it is a great movie but if they changed the decorations at the office party it could be set at Thanksgiving and nothing else would have to change

Stake fodder

Soulless
So, are people still watching Christmas movies, even though it's come and gone? I finished my list, but otherwise I would be. (I'm also still playing my Cmas song playlist.) At what point do you feel like you're done with them? For me, it's the day after New Year's when I feel it's time to move on.

BaskingINBangel

I'm busy basking.......
This aired on TV last night, and I was watching for it because of your mention. Such a great episode, and with so many great character actors of that era!
Glad you liked it! It really is a little hidden gem. It hits me in the feels more than I care to admit.

Hunga Munga

Scooby
I definitely get less sentimental about Christmas stuff after Boxing Day .

This year , my film of the holiday was 'Big Trouble in Little China '

I ended up watching a load of Frasier and Supernatural . Did holiday episodes of 'Just Shoot Me' too.

Had a bit of Xmas cheer on Youtube , also saved a list of obscure recent uploads to watch in the future .

Boxing Day cricket is a big thing round my house . But my team has been slaughtered this year . What should have been 30 hours of fun is already over ...and wasn't much fun :D .

Top Bottom