• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Christmas Planning!

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?

• Yes

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters

Stake fodder

Soulless
I've already selected the presents I'm giving out. And now that I know there won't be a problem shipping stuff internationally, I'm more relaxed. However, I can't buy chocolate, biscuits, or cake for anyone's present because I always eat them before I can mail them. Always.
You're sending all our overseas mods bribes booze, aren't you? Though if the chocolates get eaten before mailing.... :D

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Should Nix be a Moderator will you send Baileys coffee?

TheMaster666

Townie
No but I like Christmas Carols around this time of year :)

The thing about Christmas, and holidays generally, is that nothing turns me off from the mood of the holiday like having a holiday. I can't get excited over it because I'm sick to death of the stupid commercials and deals and songs on the radio and props/decorations everywhere that people put up months in advance (yet forget about the day after the holiday). I guess I'm too much of a contrarian to enjoy it if other people do. But at a random time like this when absolutely nobody gives a care about Christmas? Splendid time to bust out a carol or two.

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
I like every Carol I know at any time of the year but then, (as the song goes); If you knew Carols like I knew Carols Oh, Oh Oh what them gals!

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Dangerous when bored
Black Thorn
You're sending all our overseas mods bribes booze, aren't you? Though if the chocolates get eaten before mailing.... :D

No booze!! :p It would result in tabletop dancing, nipple tassels, and feverish twerking. That would DEFINITELY cause a major disturbance. Why? Because they learned it from @Nix, whose wanton ways are well known throughout the Western world...and some parts of Bangladesh.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
@Stake fodder,
you need to learn the history of Sineya and Black Thorn. Sineya own a beer production company so the Sineyans get discounted beer to send at Christmas, we at Black Thorn own several charities that the beer production company at Sineya donates to. That way, we members of Black Thorn get free beer (tee hee) to send at Christmas and lots of grog for our Xmas knees-up!

Table dancers are welcome and yes they do come from Sineya the house of the dog, where did you think the chickies of the Coyote Bar Dancers came from?

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Bought another 2 presents today and an advent calendar. Okay got it all from work as it came in today, but that's more ticked off the list.

Still need to figure out a few small items to get people, but most is planned at least if not bought

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
I hope you bought kitty a gift!

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Of course dear kitty will get a mouse! To even think nightshade would not consider kitty like that. The trick is not putting the mouse in the stocking to soon - or you could get a toy mouse!

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
I think I'm down to the last 5 people to buy for, two adults that I'm waiting until closer to December, as one has a birthday first and my Dad which I might get a meat hamper for. And three children that I've yet to decide what to get, got them a joint present but want a little something for each of them.

Reactions: Nix

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I found these great gifts on Etsy that I need to save up for and then buy in December - they are popsicle holders with personalized names on them and I wanna get four for each of my mom's grandchildren (the gift itself would be for my mom). You just pop the popsicle inside and their little fingers don't get cold.

Beyond that, I still have zero clue what to get anyone. I am thinking about getting some Barbie clothing cheap on Wish but I still want a real, bigger gift for the girls, too.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Barbie! ❤️❤️❤️

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
My dad has said he wants clothes, so I'll head out to the city for that. At the moment I'm storing it all under the table but the cat might decide to claim it for himself there! His stocking arrived today
https://imgur.com/a/4rD2YCL

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
@nightshade,
for the dear little children you could get a Barbie doll for each of them,
the first Barbie to be named Anyanka,
the second Barbie to be named Bunny,
the third Barbie to be named Slayer!

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
I bought Lego Christmas! I'm not making them yet, but I bought the wreath set and the santa sleigh and reindeer set.

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Suggestion: For Nix you could get a bottle of Baileys, then specify on the card, AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
I must admit that my Christmas planning is usually limited to planning Christmas to be near the end of December, clever planning huh?

Nix

🤪
Sineya
Well I've paid my last payment for savings and get my Christmas shopping money towards the end of the month!!! Can't wait to make a massive dent in it.

Hunga Munga

Scooby
Well I've paid my last payment for savings and get my Christmas shopping money towards the end of the month!!! Can't wait to make a massive dent in it.
Make sure you factor in the energy crisis too Nixy :) In fact that goes for all the UK peeps . My business electric tariff just jumped 33% . In theory residential energy customers are protected until February but I wouldn't want to bet my life on that holding up . Even so , it's pretty damn likely we'll see all energy bills spiking in the middle of Winter.

Got a 'bonus' Christmas Asda delivery today :p . Just got tins, sauces and a bottle of whisky for the Christmas stash ;) . I was going to go all in for a big blow out Christmas but the electric price hike has taken the wind out of my sails :D Working to a tighter budget now .

Nix
Nix
Yup sucks, everything is so expensive and/or in short supply...sigh

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
No, I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet. It's too depressing to shop when the days are getting shorter all the time. The time to shop is when the days are getting longer, from Dec 21 to Christmas. There is an exception here: sunset gets longer starting on Dec 09 and sunrise gets later until Jan 03, so shopping after Dec 09 is not that bad.

I thought of another reason: once you buy something, the warranty or return period starts when the item is bought and if it is just sitting around, you are using up warranty while you still don't know if the device works or not. Therefore, it pays to buy at the last minute.

Top Bottom