• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Christmas Planning!

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?

• Yes

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Wow @Ethan Reigns, you are considering about the warranty running out or the return period starting.
So, I take it you don't buy the Christmas gifts from the op shop?

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I concern myself more with everyone trying to make me buy stuff before I am ready:

thankshalch.jpg

Hunga Munga

Scooby
We Brits don't really have much going on in the backend of the year . Halloween isn't a huge deal , we don't have thanksgiving , some do fireworks for Nov 5th but it's not a blow out holiday .

I had no luck at all up at the Lidl store . No christmas cakes at all yet . I did manage to procure my nut roasts for the holiday from a fancy health food shop :D.

The christmas cupboard is looking stuffed now . I've got a clearer picture of what I'm up to .

My staple fresh veg are potatoes and cabbage ...with guest appearances from fresh brussels , courgettes and cauliflower (if I can get one worth a toss :p ) . I'm backing that up with tinned/frozen mushy peas , spinach , baby carrots , okra and broccoli ...with emergency asparagus and greens beans :p .

Not really a gravy guy so I've got a suite of instant white/bread/parsley/cheese sauces on hand . If I'm only cooking for me I might skip gravy altogether . I may guilt trip my friends into making me a 'northern style' bread sauce if we don't eat together on Christmas Day :D .

There's talk of having a big meal up at my mates place , but there's a lot of dogs and babies in the mix this year . My little old dog is a nightmare, might be better off going later after the herd has thinned :) .

Nix

🤪
Sineya
Asda christmas delivery slots are live ! No idea why , seems well early .
Blimy that is early!!
Looking froward to doing the shopping :D I've got a few bits and ordered the turkey :) Booze for me and Nanny turns up Friday!!

Hunga Munga

Scooby
Slots are going fast too o_O . I got all mine , one every week between now and Christmas and two on christmas week . I'll snag one for 30th of December too when they become available ;) . That's me pretty much bombproof .

Didn't have time to shop in the frenzy so I just did placeholder orders for now , don't even think Asda have unleashed the full Christmas range yet :D .

I'm trying to clean out the freezer and the cupboards of all the old food . I've had some 'interesting' meals last week or so ;) . Hoping to get a quick defrost in before the holiday... I pulled out an iceberg worth of frost the other day ...so I'm nearly there .

Reactions: Nix

Nix

🤪
Sineya
I just did placeholder orders for now
Yer that's what I do... save the slot and amend it later :)
I'm with Tesco's so I'm waiting still haha! And I'm also trying to clear out the freezers to make way for the most important food of the year lol.

Hunga Munga

Scooby
If Asda is anything to go by, the demand for delivery slots is going to be frantic . Next two months looks 75% full already and they haven't even gone on sale to the general public yet :oops:.
Post automatically merged:

Did you get an email notification about the opening slots?

No mate , I was gutted . They didn't even tell media until they'd done it . I checked literally the other day for updates .

Last edited:
Nix
Nix
Did you get an email notification about the opening slots?
  • Wow

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Well I'm slightly behind with the shopping, still got one person to buy, but my dad is never easy to buy for.

Food wise, I'm not sure what I'm doing on Christmas day yet, kinda just want to stay in and maybe have pizza or something easy, just as I am going to feel so busy after the run up, that I want it to feel like a day off rather than another busy day.

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
I thought of you as a person of religious values, so saying you've still got one person to buy, it must be an error in grammar I refuse to think you're into slavery.

Hunga Munga

Scooby
I had Christmas dinner on Wednesday . My freezer died and I found everything defrosting wednesday morning . I was pretty upset :oops: , but decided to lean into it and had the full Christmas Day experience . Lots of rum , a big hunk of stollen and the hugest dinner . It was pretty nice :p . Still got a couple of 'holiday' meals to cook over the weekend too . I'm gonna be the size of a house if I have to do this again next month !

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Oh no, will you be able to get a new one before Christmas? Maybe consider it a trial run!

Hunga Munga

Scooby
I ordered a little tabletop freezer today with the Black Friday deals . Should be here Monday-Tuesday with a bit of luck . That will have to do for winter . It's a bit small for my needs but I'm sure something bigger will turn up secondhand and free . They usually do .
One advantage is I'll have a freezer in my actual home rather than two fields away in a farm building . That will be novel for me . :)

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
The trick is to plan ahead, to have the build up of ice in the freezer be suitable for adding to the liquor of your choice.

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
I'll be gift wrapping all of my dirty clothes and shipping them to @nightshade. Her arms work fine, and she'll enjoy doing my laundry! But she'd better not forget the fabric softener!!! 😁
I don't own any fabric softener! I'll take your clothes though, I'm sure I'll be able to sell them for a little cash.

I'm going out tonight and did think about wearing my Christmas jumper but it's a bit early for Christmas jumpers I feel. I'll keep it for December and might buy another

Cohen

Hellhound
Just started my shopping this week. About halfway done. My Christmas decorations also went up this past Sunday. Needing so much Christmas joy this year, after my hell of a year.

Nix

🤪
Sineya
I've got 1 person left to buy for! Then I'm done with buying and have to move onto wrapping... I don't like that bit!!! Oh and cards to write and post. Don't know what's happening this year due to Abbs Dad's accident... :'(

Stake fodder

Soulless
Five radio stations here play Christmas music during the season. Three have already started, so I decided it's time to put my own Christmas songs on my iPod. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

• Love
Top Bottom