• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Clarification On Some Posting Rules?

BuffyNvrForgets

Slayerette
Hello, wonderful Moderators/Staff!

I'm currently writing a thread that contains a detailed analysis of a character, and I wanted to run some things past you, as I'm really excited about this thread and the effort I put into it, but I don't want it to end up being a pain for you guys.

I'd just love to run some things past you so you can tell me if it's okay.

1: Beginning post is long
I'm analyzing a Firefly character episode by episode (so only 14 episodes). Some episode sections are very brief, but even so, it's kind of a long post. Is this okay? Or should I find a way to break it up? (If so, different threads? Separate posts within the same thread?)

2: Use of gifs/images
I know there are rules against posting solely gifs/images, but I was wondering if it was okay to use them just to accent my original text. As I said, it's a little long, so I wanted to add a gif in every once in a while, to break things up and keep it interesting. I can limit the number used, if that helps, or just not use them at all. As I said, they are solely being used to add a little something to liven it up.

That's all I can think of currently.

I ask this of you, because I really appreciate all you guys do to run this forum, and I really want to be respectful of your time. I'd hate to post something you guys have to deal with later. I'm very lucky I have a place where I can (potentially) post a super geeky analysis like this, and you guys have provided that. I'm not gonna make you pay for that.

Thanks!

BuffyNvrForgets

Slayerette
There is a max character limit gor posts so if you hit that you might need to split it up into multiple posts, but otherwise the length doesn’t matter.

Gifs are fine as part of a post but there is also a limit on the number of images which you might hit.

:)
Awesome! Thank you so much!

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Be specific about when the analysis is from, just a thought!

BuffyNvrForgets

Slayerette
@ILLYRIAN How do you mean? Like what episode, or when I wrote it? It's currently in the works. I'd love to follow your suggestion, just with a little more detail! :)

Top Bottom