• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Come To The Circus!!!

white avenger

white avenger
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020

Mark today on the calendar, ladies, gentlemen, and children of all ages, because today we get to see the biggest circus since Barnum and Bailey paired up with the Ringling Brothers.

ELECTION DAY!!!!!

Yahoo. and yippie tie yay, here we go, starts in just a few minutes, and God alone knows how long it'll last, or how it's gonna end, but it's gonna be one helluva ride!!!!!

Everybody be sure to vote at least once for your favorite candidate, and then jump for cover before the bricks and torches start flying.

hose of us who survive will have a story to tell our grandkids about.

Reason: Changed the date
Last edited by a moderator:

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
If my predictions are right, then tomorrow is going to be the biggest circus earth has ever seen...

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
This thread can be used to discuss the election, but please keep it civil and remember:
The rules:

1. This thread must stay on topic. It is not to be used to expound on politics in general. Buffy-Boards is not your soapbox to yell from.

2. Derogatory comments about other political parties/groups is not allowed. Criticism must be constructive.

3. It is as always expected that all posters will remain civil and treat each other with respect, and remain open-minded about differing opinions.

4. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in a permanent ban from this thread.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
then tomorrow is going to be the biggest circus earth has ever seen...
Unless it is a landslide victory I don't see anyway anything will be announced for at least a week. I'm remembering 20 years ago and this could play out longer.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
We may not have an official winner before Inauguration Day.
Title 3 of the United States Code says electors must cast their vote by the first Monday after the second Wednesday in December, which is December 14th. The entire election would be unconstitutional if it lasts beyond the 14th of December.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Trump 2020!

A lot of Trump supporters were waiting for election day to vote so we could see a massive red wave. Biden may have lost Pennsylvania due his his stance on fracking and the oil industry (a major part of the economy in certain states) and Pennsylvania is considered a swing state. Although polls are claiming Biden is favourite to win, let's not forget they said the same thing about Hilary Clinton in 2016. One of the few polls that did predict Trump's 2016 victory also predicts him to win this year. The black vote which normally votes 90%+ for the democrats has shown growing support for Trump (which explains certain tactics used by the left this year, especially after Biden's now infamous "you ain't black" comment if a black person doesn't vote democrat). Even Vernon Jones (a black democrat) has urged people to vote for Trump. Losing a certain percentage of the black vote will be a major blow for the democrats. Even some Never Trumpers in 2016 are now choosing to vote for Trump in 2020. Trump also has support from the Latino/Hispanic vote.

It'll be interesting to see what the East Coast votes this year. Whilst they are normally reliably democrat (California, Oregon, Washington), they've also had several race riots (Portland being worst hit, and let's not forget the Chaz zone in Seattle) that the democrats did nothing about, even going so far as to berate the police and support the rioters. There have been several recall petitions for Jenny Durkin the Seattle mayor, Lori Lightfoot in Chicago hasn't endeared herself to anybody, and Maxine Waters has recently criticised black Trump voters saying it's "shameful" and "unforgiveable". Let's not forget how California citizens reacted when Gavin Newsome told them they shouldn't celebrate independence day.

Chelsea Handler (a white liberal) saying that she had to "remind" 50 Cent that "he's a black man" and therefore he "can't vote for Trump" (before she basically offered to prostitute herself to him if he voted democrat) is damning evidence of the mindset of the left which in itself could turn off many black voters from the democrats. It could even harden the resolve of some black voters to vote for Trump in a classic "You can't do that!" "Watch me" situation. Also add in how quick the left turns on black people who don't follow their narrative (examples: Candace Owens, Brandon Tatum, Larry Elder) and even black people on the left who seem to diverge from the narrative (examples: Ice Cube for working with Trump on the platinum plan- even though he approached both parties, the democrats told him to come back "after the election" whilst the Trump administration were happy to sit down with him and include his ideas in the platinum plan. Zoe Saldana, she who apologised for not being black enough to play Nina Simone, has also received
racist abuse from the left for supporting Chris Pratt. Even Mark Ruffalo who is anti-Trump has also received abuse, again for supporting Chris Pratt (who was targeted by the left for not turning up to a Biden fundraiser with several avengers castmates despite not even being invited to go).

The lack of enthusiasm for Biden's rallies in contrast to the packed Trump rallies strongly suggests that people aren't so much voting for Biden as they are voting against Trump, whilst the level of enthusiasm at Trumps rallies strongly suggests his supporters are voting FOR him.

Last edited:

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
It'll be interesting to see what the East Coast votes this year. Whilst they are normally reliably democrat (California, Oregon, Washington),
That's the West Coast. East Coast is New York, Massachusetts, Virgina, etc

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
Would be nice if the media could act with some responsibility and not clamour for a result announcement on the day. It's clearly going to take some time for everything to come in and be counted.

I'm confident that Trump will claim victory at the earliest opportunity, regardless of how many votes have been counted or what they say. Much less sure about what follows from there.

If he has won once the votes have been counted I guess he just carries on and celebrates etc.

If it's clear he lost then I'm not sure if he'll leave and claim he was cheated. Dine out on it for the rest of his life. Or if he's actually the guy who won't accept it and will bunker down, take everything to court on the assumption they'll back him regardless as he's appointed a lot of them.

A level of violence seems inevitable as well.

TriBel

Scooby
That's my birthday, so it'll either be a very good or very bad day :)
There's a lot to be said for good old Nordic pragmatism. :)

I've got a dentist appointment tomorrow. Whether it's painful or not, I'm sure l'll enjoy it far more than these elections.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
If it's clear he lost then I'm not sure if he'll leave and claim he was cheated. ... Or if he's actually the guy who won't accept it and will bunker down, take everything to court
On the flip side, even if it's clear he did win, if Biden doesn't concede, everything can still be taken to court to try to validate the votes. Which is why Hillary was saying not to concede "no matter what" and force the issue. There is nothing in the constitution that says there has to be a victor today, no matter what the election results say.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Whoever wins, the other one should accept the result. My hope is that there is a clear winner with a good margin so its harder for the other one to drag their heels. Most of all what I want moving forward is America and the rest of the world to become less divided moving forward. That's the biggest problem in politics right now.

The Bronze
The Bronze
Think you're going to be disappointed all round.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
My hope is that there is a clear winner with a good margin
I second that. My gut tells me otherwise though. And I know key people within the Biden campaign that tell me while they are planning the transition, they feel it's going to be closer than they thought.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
As they say in Chicago, vote early, vote often.
I voted twice this year. It was an odd feeling.

In some areas it's already a landslide victory for Biden. So much so that he received all of the votes.

white avenger

white avenger
If it's clear he lost then I'm not sure if he'll leave and claim he was cheated. Dine out on it for the rest of his life. Or if he's actually the guy who won't accept it and will bunker down, take everything to court on the assumption they'll back him regardless as he's appointed a lot of them.
Whoever wins, the other one should accept the result.
That sounds like a rerun of 2016. Hillary's been crying "foul" for the last 4 years.

I saw some videos of Biden last night during the rally here in Rome, Georgia (it was playing on Youtube) and Biden looked absolutely frail. It's pretty much a given that he won't live long enough to complete his first term, if elected, but now I'm beginning to wonder if he would even make it to Inauguration Day. Either way, if Biden does win, it's a pretty fair bet that it will be Harris running the show almost from day one. If that happens, I wouldn't be afraid to put my money on A O C as her V P

Top Bottom