• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Coming Soon (trailers)

whatdBuffyDo

Potential
Sineya

I am almost two weeks late to post this one. 😉

Might be good?

Have You Ever Seen Fireflies? (org. Sen Hiç Ateşböceği Gördün Mü?) is originally a critically acclaimed stage play from 1999. Stage to film adaptations can be hit-or-miss. I haven't seen the movie version but this one seems to be a miss since I didn't read any positive reviews about it either. The writer and director of the original play is an actor in the movie, which seems to be what disappointed people who didn't like the movie the most. 🤔

Last edited:

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I'm tired of everyone saying "so and so is unrecognizable in this" for instance that was being said all the time regarding the Tommy Lee biopic that Sebastian Stan was unrecognizable. Um, no. He was quite recognizable.

So when I read that Jessica Chastain was unrecognizable in the Tammy Fae trailer I scoffed. But yeah, Jessica Chastain is unrecognizable.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
A Woodstock 99 documentary could be interesting:

The musical lineup reflected acts that dominated MTV and radio airwaves at the time and leaned heavily towards artists catering to a young, male demographic. Intense heat, lack of adequate sanitation and access to free drinking water agitated a crowd already at a breaking point. Shortcuts and cost-cutting measures had diminished security, allowing the anger and frustration of the mob to explode into unchecked rioting and destruction.

As much as Woodstock 69 became known as a celebration of peace and inclusion, Woodstock 99 became a flashpoint for burgeoning white toxic masculinity.

not sure how I feel about the "flashpoint for burgeoning white toxic masculinity" line. The burgeoning white toxic masculinity is not what doomed woodstock.

Last edited:

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶

I need this to drop, like yesterday!
animated-smileys-jumping-145.gif.pagespeed.ce.OVjme09QBc.gif

Spanky
Spanky
Feelings mutual huh? I guess that's the first step. Realizing that you have horrible taste and it just happens that you sometimes like good things.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Dr Who S13 is a first for the series. It's one single story. That should prove interesting.

From Chibnall “The big thing that we’re going to be doing this year is it’s all one story, so every episode is one chapter in a bigger story. There were two ways you could go: we’re just going to do lots of tiny episodes in one room with no monsters, or we could throw down the gauntlet and go 'we’re going to do the biggest story we’ve ever done, we’re going to go all kinds of different places, we’re going to have all kinds of characters and monsters, and it’s all going to be part of a bigger whole.' I think it’s definitely the most ambitious thing we’ve done since we’ve been on the series.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn
October cannot get here soon enough

Perfect casting. Zendaya is lovely, and a much better actress than Sean Young ever was.

As adorable as Timothee is, Kyle MacLachlan will always be Paul to me. Even though the 1984 film had A LOT of casting flaws (Feyd, the Baron, Gurney, Irulan, the Emperor, etc), I'll always love it.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Even though the 1984 film had A LOT of casting flaws
There, fixed it. There was much more than casting flaws wrong with that train wreck of a movie. Having the Fremen use those little sound guns and not the Weirding Way was just criminal. Ninjas dont use guns.

Top Bottom