• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Connor's evolution

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Hi all!

I know a lot of you are not fan of teenage Connor so I was wondering what would you do differently?

If you kept him as baby Connor how would you progress the story and keep him alive?

If Connor came back from the Hell dimension what would you change in his personnality? Would you make him older and pass the teenage angst phase?

:)

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
Hehe, I was going to say - what evolution?

Look, I actually love Connor, so there's not so much I would change about him, but I would definitely make some changes in his relationship to Angel. He's just way too one-note about it, constantly cranky and it comes across as just being whiny. He has legitimate reasons, but it doesn't feel like it because, well... tiresome.

I would change the story by giving him a better friend than Cordelia, they're fine living together, romantic interests and what not (no I don't need to see that horrific sex scene though) etc, but I wish he had someone else to talk to. Someone he could trust. Someone who could give the darn boy some love! He's a child goddammit! Stop moping over him and Cordy, Angel, you're an adult! His father! You can't act like a surly teenager yourself, now go give that boy some support or I swear to god I'll... ooops, that got away from me. *stops shaking fists at Angel*

*clears throat*

Anyway. It would have been nice to see Connor bond with someone in the group, so that he wasn't always on the outside.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I wish he had someone else to talk to. Someone he could trust. Someone who could give the darn boy some love!
He did. Then she went and died. Then the next person with whom he could talk to. Trust. Give a darn. Also left him. Anyone he was ever close to/with left him.

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
He did. Then she went and died. Then the next person with whom he could talk to. Trust. Give a darn. Also left him. Anyone he was ever close to/with left him.
And that's my point. I wanted him to have someone who didn't have to tragically die or betray him. It was like everywhere he turned there was just misery.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
And that's my point. I wanted him to have someone who didn't have to tragically die or betray him. It was like everywhere he turned there was just misery.
He was ripped from the only home he knew into this hell dimension. Of course there was misery. At home he was the Destroyer, a thing to be feared, in this hell dimension he was treated as just a child. There would be misery all around him.

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
He was ripped from the only home he knew into this hell dimension. Of course there was misery. At home he was the Destroyer, a thing to be feared, in this hell dimension he was treated as just a child. There would be misery all around him.
Which is why he needed a hug and a friend. Someone to give him hot cocoa with marshmellows. So he could evolve out of that misery.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Which is why he needed a hug and a friend. Someone to give him hot cocoa with marshmellows. So he could evolve out of that misery.
He had that with Cordy. He didn't need marshmallows with anyone else. How many people did you want the little lothario to have marshmallows with?

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
He had that with Cordy. He didn't need marshmallows with anyone else. How many people did you want the little lothario to have marshmallows with?
Pfffft, Cordy. He needed someone better than possessed by evil Cordy. Someone who won't ask him to kill a young girl. Marshmellows do not go with murder!

Spanky
Spanky
You're gross. No one likes mellow.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Whatever dude. Now you're just trying to irritate me. Cordy and Connor had one of the better relationships on the show. Marshmallows go with anything, including murder.

Taake
Taake
Marshmallows are gross.

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Back to the topic please!

I agree with @Taake that there was too much hate for Connor in the AI group. God even Lorne hated him! Maybe he could have bond with Gunn because they both seemed to have difficult childhood. It would have been fun for Gunn too to bond with someone a little more like him and not from a white priviledge family!

Top Bottom