• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Cordelia and Wes friendship?

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Hi all!

So I have read a lot of post about this and agree totally that Cordelia should have visited Wes after his betrayal. But I was wondering what would she have said? Do you think she would help him get better, ignore him like Gunn or would she do like Fred and tell him he was wrong but still stick around a little?

I would see Cordelia trying to reason with Angel and tell him Wes screwed up but that they all do at some point. She would tell him to stop blaming Wes and confuse on getting Connor back!

What do you think?

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
The Cordelia of old would've been rightly furious with Wesley and gone to confront him and to get his side of the story. She would've wanted to know why one of her best friends hadn't reached out and talked to her sooner. Cordelia would've needed to know this, she was always one to speak her mind and call out someone for their behavior.

But this is Cangel-Cordelia, who is only interested in Angel and being there for Angel. She has zero desire to even think about Wesley and seems content to truly abandon him.
The shallowness of that S3 writing always bothered me after all the great moments with Cordy and Wes in S1 and 2. They were sparky and complimented each other so well.

NeddaSai

Potential
They could've AT LEAST had a scene together.. It was just so unbelievable. There's absolutely no conceivable reason for her to not even confront him, let alone treat him as the friend he was and hear him out.

The dynamic between Wes/Cordy/Gunn was my favorite bond in both Angel AND Buffy. To see it decimated so thoroughly (to prop up romantic ships no less) was just heartbreaking.

thetopher

Sineya
They could've AT LEAST had a scene together.. It was just so unbelievable. There's absolutely no conceivable reason for her to not even confront him, let alone treat him as the friend he was and hear him out.

All we really get is their little scene in S5 'You're Welcome', and that's just so sad to realize.

W

WillowFromBuffy

I'm about halfway through S3 on my rewatch, and I can't remember seeing much evidence that Wesley and Cordelia are at all close. Not even after Angel fires them do they seem to really bound at all. Wesley proves himself to be a bit more aware of Cordelia's emotional state than Angel, but he does nothing to help her.

NeddaSai

Potential
I'm.. not sure what kind of evidence are you looking for? Sure, they didn't have flashy tv "moments". Thier friendship felt more organic and normal to me. It just happened. Same with Gunn. They cared for each other's wellbeing. They were close enough for her not to have pretended he didn't exist. Especially considering her personality.

thetopher

Sineya
Thre are several episodes in S1 and 2 that are basically 'the Cordy and Wes show' because their interactions are the highlight; 'The Ring?', 'War Zone' 'Blind Date'?

The first half of S2 is them going closer; Cordelia got to meet Chow Yun Fat because of Wes!! (even Angel is impressed). I just love their friend bickering back and forth. Awesome.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
I saw plenty of evidence of Wes and Cordy’s friendship. They spend a lot of time together in the early seasons and as a matter of example, in s2 Wes stands up to Angel for Cordy (calls Angel out for not paying attention to how the visions have changed her life.) It was one of my favorite dynamics on the show. I felt Cordy and Wes were closer and knew each other better than Angel and Cordy did, despite what s3 would have you believe.

Top Bottom