• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Cordelia BTVS Crossover?

As the majority of us know, Cordelia never returns to BTVS show. I was just wondering if there is any novel that takes place Season 4+ of Buffy and Angel Season 1+ which Cordelia meets the scooby gang again.

I would really appreciate it! :)

PS: There is a ''You're Welcome'' book??

The only book/comic I'm aware of in which Cordelia reunites with the Scooby Gang after Season Three is a comic that takes place during Season Four called "Past Lives".

Sineya
It totally made sense from a character point-of-view for her not to return to Sunnydale, but it would've been nice as a fan to see the Scoobies' reaction to her becoming a bona fide champion...

I HATED that flippant comment Buffy made about Cordy being dead in BS8! :(

Definitely! It really didn't feel Buffy-like, who the hell would write that crap?!
I can't imagine the reaction of the gang to see Cordelia again, such a shame they didn't get her back at all.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I always imagined that Willow and Cordelia stayed in contact after S3- Cordy asks her for help during 'Blind Date' (and thanks her.) and then they talk again later in 'Disharmony' (where Cordelia finds out about Willow's new...predeliction. :)) and Willow is the one to travel to L.A to tell Angel and everyone about what happened.
(Strangely I always imagined that Giles would do this for some reason.)

So I sort of imagine that these two maybe became a little closer- considering how they interact in 'Orpheus' (although that wasn't really Cordy she still had her personality/memories) they seemed on pretty good terms.

And yeah, even though it was only a dream, Buffy's comment was a little harsh- I'm guessing she didn't realise how much Codelia had changed all through the years. (They last interacted in 'IWRY' where Cordelia was still...a work in progress champion-wise. :) )

Sineya
And yeah, even though it was only a dream, Buffy's comment was a little harsh- I'm guessing she didn't realise how much Codelia had changed all through the years. (They last interacted in 'IWRY' where Cordelia was still...a work in progress champion-wise. :) )
I tend to agree with [MENTION=12446]chasesummers[/MENTION] that it felt more out of character for Buffy than anything. Even if Cordy had disappeared from the 'verse after "Graduation Day," it still wouldn't have felt right to have Buffy talking about her death that way...

nightshade

Hidden away in a cupboard under the stairs
Staff member
Black Thorn
I do wish there had been another crossover ep where Cordelia did go to Sunnydale, maybe somewhere in season 5 or 6, just so they could all see how much she had changed

That was such a slap in the face and really out of character for Buffy. I remember being speechless after reading that line.

I would have loved to have seen The Scoobies or at least just Buffy interact with Cordelia after she became so selfless and heroic. The Orpheus reunion with Willow didn't do anything for me since it wasn't really Cordy and all it did was let Willow know she was doing Connor. Imagine Willow going back to Buffy and having a laugh about what a cradle robber Cordelia is.

chasesummers
chasesummers
[No message]

Cordy_Chase

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Sineya
It totally made sense from a character point-of-view for her not to return to Sunnydale, but it would've been nice as a fan to see the Scoobies' reaction to her becoming a bona fide champion...
Agreed on both counts. Sunnydale is associated with a past that she came to regret, not to mention quite a bit of pain so it made sense for her to become completely separated from Sunnydale. At the same time however I'd have loved to see the Scoobies reaction to the strong minded, more mature and focused woman she'd become on Team Angel and for me particularly Buffy's reaction to the closeness she'd developed to Angel.

Personally I can totally see this being Xander's face seeing how badass Cordy became:

LOL!

There should have been a crossover novel that explored this.

Buffyverse fan said:
Wow it seems everyone is appalled by this line, I'm kind of already pissed off just reading the comments. What was the line?

Last edited:

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
It depends on whether or not Cordy's parents still live in Sunnydale. That would have been a reason for her to go back. If one of her parents died, she would return for the funeral. I don't think she ever talks about her parents on the Angel show. We know she talked to Willow a few times, I'm not sure if Willow told anyone how Cordelia has changed, or perhaps she didn't notice herself. I defintely think it was a missed opportunity.

Sineya
Yeah I hated that comment from Buffy in season 8. Even bitchy season 1-3 Cordelia didn't deserve that harshness, especially since she did help them on many occasions, but I guess it was a dream so perhaps Buffy saw no need for tact. Still, it left a bad taste :(

I always wished they'd done a two part cross over Buffy/Angel event, it could have been so great. Would've been nice for Cordelia to see Xander again and for everyone to see how much she grew. Wesley too, would've been fun to see people react to his transformation.

A crossover would have been simple enough to do, they could just do what they did with Bachelor Party/Pangs give Cordy a vision of some big Sunnydale threat, but this time have the whole gang cross over. Or if it was just Cordy, like has been said already, they could use her parents as a reason. She could have been invited in Hells Bells; I can just imagine Xander overwhelmed by all the demons on Anya's side; so he has a chat with his only 100% human ex-girlfriend to reassure himself that he's not a demon magnet and she's all "Erm, yeah, about that..."

janas
janas
At that point of story, however, Cordelia isn't longer 100% human

nightshade

Hidden away in a cupboard under the stairs
Staff member
Black Thorn
The only books I can think of are the Unseen trilogy, but Cordelia isn't really a big part of them

Cordy_Chase

Sineya
don't think she ever talks about her parents on the Angel show
Only a brief mention in the pilot 'City Of...' when she's at Russel's mansion. Before realizing he's a vampire she's kind of rambling to him and throws out there how her parents were wealthy until they were nailed by the IRS for not paying their taxes.
Then interestingly in 'Sense and Sensitivity' I believe it was Angel tries to tell her that her mother called the office looking for her but she completely ignores that.

A crossover would have been simple enough to do, they could just do what they did with Bachelor Party/Pangs give Cordy a vision of some big Sunnydale threat, but this time have the whole gang cross over. Or if it was just Cordy, like has been said already, they could use her parents as a reason
I'd prefer that it be the whole team crossing over back to Sunnydale. The Scoobies should see Wes's growth too and have a chance to meet Gunn and Fred.

dillonk47polik

Sineya
Since I have just started a re-watch of Angel and just finished S1, I know the perfect place in which Cordy could have went back to Sunnydale. In "Sanctuary" Cordy takes a paid vacation because Angel was going to help Faith after the events in "Five by Five". Cordy didn't appear in Angel until the next episode, "War Zone". If Cordy had left for the paid vacation at the end of "Five by Five" instead of the beginning of "Sanctuary" she could have been on the episode of BTVS between the two ATS episodes. In this case, she could have been the way that Buffy found out that Faith was in L.A.

The storylines could have remained the same if this had been the case. The only thing that would really change is that Charisma wouldn't have appeared in one of the S1 episodes of ATS.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Since I have just started a re-watch of Angel and just finished S1, I know the perfect place in which Cordy could have went back to Sunnydale. In "Sanctuary" Cordy takes a paid vacation because Angel was going to help Faith after the events in "Five by Five". Cordy didn't appear in Angel until the next episode, "War Zone". If Cordy had left for the paid vacation at the end of "Five by Five" instead of the beginning of "Sanctuary" she could have been on the episode of BTVS between the two ATS episodes. In this case, she could have been the way that Buffy found out that Faith was in L.A.

The storylines could have remained the same if this had been the case. The only thing that would really change is that Charisma wouldn't have appeared in one of the S1 episodes of ATS.
I think with that, is that Cordelia hadn't changed enough by that point to really show a difference to the scoobies. S3 would be where I prefer to have Cordy do a crossover.

Cordy_Chase

Sineya

Very well thought out but I'm going to have to go with @Fuffy Baith that season 3, particularly the pre-Connor kidnapping portion is the appropriate time period for the her to have crossed over (with the whole team).

Anything after Connor was kidnapped doesn't have room for the opportunity because there was way too much crap going on and amidst it all Cordelia is lost to Jasmine which defeats the purpose being discussed here but at the point your suggesting (which I'm pretty sure I recognize as mid-late season 1?) it was too early. Cordelia's character hadn't yet evolved significantly enough to have brought a contrast that would have stood out to the scoobies and really made that impact.

Cordy_Chase

Sineya
Sorry for the double post but I was glancing through this thread again (Sometimes I like to read older posts, both my own and those of others) and realized I'd been careless. After seeing mentions of Buffy making a vile comment about Cordelia's death in the comics, I'd asked for the quote having missed that it had already been posted.

Something like this: ''Don't worry will, you'll become the most powerful witch and Cordelia will be dead. not accurate.

Basically Buffy had a dream where she went back to Sunnydale and everyone was still together, ''like old times''.
Seriously...wow! And coming Buffy...10x the wow.

Does Buffy know at this point (or does she ever at all) that Cordelia actually is dead and what happened to her? It would only make .01% of a difference if at all but I'm curious.
Whether she knew or not Buffy didn't know Cordelia after high school, she had no right to talk about her in relation to the present.
Even Sunnydale High Cordelia didn't deserve to have her death be something that was looked forward to.

This was an extremely disrespectful thing to say no matter what the circumstances or who it came from but had it been Xander, it wouldn't have been unsual, he was known for talking about rejoicing Cordelia's death to her face whereas for Buffy, however, that's pretty wrong characterization, how Joss approved of that as appropriate baffles me.