• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Cordelia in Restless?

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Whose dream would you have liked to see Cordelia in if she was in Restless?

BaskingINBangel

"Peanut butter, preferably crunchy!"
Definitely Xanders dream. Maybe there could have been a scene with Xander talking about how he always attracts demon women, and how Cordelia was the only non demon woman that really had a thing for him. Then there could be some type of humorous foreshadowing about Cordelia becoming part demon.

Taake

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Staff member
Black Thorn
I would’ve liked to see her nag Giles or give him some useful advice.

WillowFromBuffy

Buffering...
I would have loved for her to be in her own dream.

But really, she should have been in the classroom in Willow's dream. Couldn't they just drive her over from the AtS lot for a quick shot of her sneering at Willow's Narnia presentation?

She could also have visited Xander's dream and mocked him for still living in his parents' basement.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
My understanding is that she was supposed to be in Willow's dream at the end. I don't understand the production timeframe on these series, it's the same production company, same network, same writers in most cases. "To Shanshu in LA" is not a Cordie heavy episode, it's her in a coma. "Restless" is one of the most important episodes of the series, I mean, Angle can show up to fight Indians at Thanksgiving, Buffy can show up whenever she feels like it, but Cordie can show up for five minutes, make a snarky remark, go on her way. I know these series were shot on a tight schedule, but come on.

Of course, they could have had the role of Cordelia Chase played by Bianca Lawson, and hoped the audience would be smart enough to get the joke.

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
Definitely Xanders dream. Maybe there could have been a scene with Xander talking about how he always attracts demon women, and how Cordelia was the only non demon woman that really had a thing for him. Then there could be some type of humorous foreshadowing about Cordelia becoming part demon.
I love this!!!!!!
Yes I think she should have been in Xanders dream. And Restless was a very forshadow-y episode...
Also she could have been in Willows dream like others already sayd, in the classroom.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Tricky one. I would rule out Buffy's just because it wouldn't fit along with the First Slayer stuff.

Its either Willow or Xander's. Willow would appeal because of the friendship her and Cordy built up over the years. With Xander you could have Cordy's thoughts on his relationship with Anya :D

Octavia
Octavia
Tricky for trick

SunnydaleGlitz

Potential
Sineya
This is such an interesting question!

I wouldn't want a single frame to change in any of the characters' dreams in Restless...they were all significant down to every last detail. BUT...I would have loved for Cordy to have had her own dream 💗 (even a short one!)

I understand that a crossover may not have been possible but I would have really loved it. Don't know what was going on over at AtS at this point, but it could've also been interesting if she'd had a Restless-esque dream over on AtS to match. Or if she'd just visited the Scoobs this one episode and been snoozing with them on the couch, it would have been SO interesting to get a Cordelia centric dream.

If I have to picture her in one of the dreams we already got, I would have loved her to have been in Buffy's dream. (Maybe before Buffy saw her mom living in the wall). At school somewhere. Or...in Giles dream. Onstage, singing (terribly), either before or after Giles sang. Or, in Xander's dream in the playground outside, with the swings and the sandbox. Telling him something cryptic and foreshadow-y and profound.

Last edited:
AnthonyCordova
AnthonyCordova
I like your ideas but I also am inclined to agree with the beginning the most. Restless is pure perfection and I would hesitate to change anything at all.
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
A separate Cordy dream would have a lot to fit in with the others, but I do love your idea!

AnthonyCordova

Earth Invasion Taskforce Unlimited
Sineya
I'm kind of a purist when it comes to this episode. I love every detail and it's either my favorite or second favorite episode of Buffy/Angel ever (with The Body). So that said if including Cordelia meant changing anything I would take a hard pass. But with a gun to my head I think Xander's dream makes the most sense. In the basement somewhere or in the park.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Its right up there for me too. Part of that is because of how Lynchian it feels.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
I think Willow's dream would make the most sense since hers revolves a lot around the high school, the classroom the play. She could have been in the play with Harmony! Xander's dream as well, but his is the most chaotic constantly jumping between sets.

Top Bottom