1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Cordelia

Discussion in 'Season 2' started by GraceK, Dec 26, 2016.

1. GraceK

GraceK Grr Arrg

I'm on my rewatch of season 2 and Cordelia is so refreshing. It breaks my heart and seriously makes me mad at her character assassination in season 4 and the second half of season 3. Season 2 Cordy is so funny, and loyal and lights up a room. You can feel her spark and charm and see this great relationship between her, Wes and Angel that really seems like a family. Why they had to make her his love interest and destroy her character in the process is beyond me. :( I'm sorry but Cordelia late season 3 and fake Cordy season 4 are barf worthy. As you can see I am still not over it lol

2. Guy

Guy Scooby

Black Thorn
    1) I absolutely agree about Cordelia being ruined in the end of season 3 and throughout season 4.

2) I don't see what her relationship with Angel has to do with it. Seeds of that relationship were there since late season 2, and Cordy wasn't ruined until late season 3. I'd say that Cordy's character assassination and her relationship with Angel were two seperate issues.

3. Foxy

Foxy I am cookie dough!

Sineya
    I am in the process of watchimg season 4 for the first time and oh my god!!!! It is so horrible! I hate it! She has always been my favourite :(

4. GraceK

GraceK Grr Arrg

To me, and this is just my opinion, I feel that there was no hint of any relationship between them romantically late season 2...and in late season 3 when they started exploring that, she was suddenly a blonde, saint cordy who seemed to be there purely to prop up Angel ...forget Wesley and their friendship, forget everything else, she was all about making sure Angel was ok and being a happy
    Family with baby Connor. I could honestly rant for days about how I feel they changed her and how they forced Cangel down our throats. But again, this is my opinion and how I saw it. :)

Ann and BuffyBot22 like this.
  5. Spanish Flame

Spanish Flame It's Not Easy Being Green

Cordy is soo awesome until it gets that *whatever the thing it is* inside her and they destroy completely what she was.

That ep on s5 to save Angel is the saddest farewwell. The show never seem the same without her, she was powerful and so amazing with all the guys on the gang.

I dont think no one can ever get over Cordy's death:(

GraceK likes this.
  6. GraceK

GraceK Grr Arrg

They did her dirty. I can't forgive the writers ...she's basically raped by an evil entity, and then discarded . It's bad enough that she was violated in every sense of the word, but then to be killed off on top of everything else is such a slap to her character. Thank goodness for Your Welcome where she at least had a dignified end.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    Mylie and Spanish Flame like this.
  7. Spanish Flame

yes, we had that where we she our loved Cordy.

And I share your feelings for the writers and that awful rape.... :(:mad:

8. brinkster130

brinkster130 Riley's BFF Staff Member

Sineya
    Yeah, it is a shame real life got in the way and cost the series a good character.

If I remember correctly Joss had hoped to have a Cordy vs Angel storyline where Cordy had turned evil - too bad we never go that.

Mr. Pole: It's just too bad she never asked for Whedon's permission to start a family, otherwise, who knows what we would have gotten.
    GraceK and Spanish Flame like this.
  9. Spanish Flame

that would have been very interesting... but oh well, we can only imagine that im afraid.

10. Guy

Guy Scooby

Black Thorn
    But that's the thing - those are two separate issues. Cordelia's assassination began in the last few episodes of season 3, after she returns from her vacation with Groo. But her relationship with Angel (or the seeds of that relationship, anyway) began much earlier. In 'Waiting in the Wings', for example, Cordelia is with Angel (well, getting there, anyway), but she's still the same old Cordy I've always loved.

So, Cordelia's character assassination didn't come because of her relationship with Angel. Even if you hated that relationship, it's still a separate issue.

11. GraceK

GraceK Grr Arrg

I see your point. :)

Guy likes this.
  12. Cordeliagirl

Cordeliagirl Oh, Buffy, we're sisters! With different hair.

Sineya
    I love Cordelia and was disappointing that she was on Angel and not on buffy anymore.

13. Priceless

Priceless I didn't forget y'know

I'm watching S2 now (upto ep 8) and Cordelia is possibly the best thing in it. She's incredibly bright and fun, happy and enthusiastic, she's definitely the heart of the show. Her banter with Wesley and Angel is great, they spark off each other so well. I'm refusing to think of the future, right here and now she's perfect :)

GraceK and Cordeliagirl like this.
  14. Bluebird

Bluebird two by two, hands of blue

Black Thorn
    Season 3 Cordelia changed a lot from season 2 and without much justification, other than to make her a mate for Angel. Cangel is weird. But I didn't mind Evil Cordy in season 4. I just wish it was executed better - there are some odd turns, and Charisma just looks like she doesn't care. Either exhausted or bummed out at her character direction. I think if Charisma was into it and played the big bad convincingly, season 4 would be thought of in higher regard. I've always loved season 4 so the Cordelia stuff doesn't bother me too much. *shrugs*

Don't you enjoy her on Angel? I thought she got a chance to shine and be part of the family, unlike the Scoobies who were never really close to Cordelia. I thought Angel respected her more than the Scoobies ever would.

15. Cordeliagirl

Sineya
    I enjoy her on Angel, but was sad and disappoiment that she have been possessed by Jasmine and have a coma and die by Jasmine.

16. Bluebird

Bluebird two by two, hands of blue

Black Thorn
    Well I think she was lucky she got a starring role in the spinoff, rather than rehashing the same stories on Buffy, where she'd more likely get killed off quicker. David Greenwalt takes a lot of credit for Cordelia's role on Angel as he loved the character and thought it would be a good way to lighten the tone. He was a big fan.

Cordeliagirl: I agree
    Priceless and Cordeliagirl like this.
  17. Cordeliagirl

Sineya
    I agree, but still i miss her on buffy.

Priceless likes this.