• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Cordelia

Cordy_Chase

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Sineya
Well, I was all for Cordelia and Angel progressing into a romantic relationship, I believe them to be soulmates.

She was going to die regardless of Jasmine. Didn't you see that the visions were killing her??
Wrong.
She avoided that problem when she chose to become part-demon in 'Birthday' which was unbeknownst to her in fact, a step in Jasmine's supposed series long process of grooming her.

It's my theory that Groo showing up was yet another of Jasmine's interferences. Think about it, how did Groo manage to get into the human world and know to find Cordelia at the Hyperion? The timing was also perfect, right when Angel was growing a pair and attempting to take that step with Cordelia. Recall that Cordelia becoming romantically involved with Angel was detrimental to her because she needed her vessel to mate with Connor.
Groo was a perfect distraction while Connor rapidly aged in Quor-Teth up until the time was right for Jasmine to take Cordelia. I'm pretty sure no one except Angel actually believed there was anything there.

I'll never forgive her character assassination either because it was Joss throwing a fit because he didn't like that Charisma got pregnant.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Interesting point about Groo in S3 never thought about that.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Well, I was all for Cordelia and Angel progressing into a romantic relationship, I believe them to be soulmates.

I'll never forgive her character assassination either because it was Joss throwing a fit because he didn't like that Charisma got pregnant.

"If that the case it flys in the face of 3 years on Buffy . And I don't like how Angel left Buffy because of his curse but they didn't mention it all on Angel when he started to go out with Cordelia . I don't get them being a couple at all myself.

And don't get me started on her character assassination . I was so mad at that I never saw the rest of the series for the longest time & when I did it was just the one time .

NeonSlayer

Potential

Wrong.
She avoided that problem when she chose to become part-demon in 'Birthday' which was unbeknownst to her in fact, a step in Jasmine's supposed series long process of grooming her.

It's my theory that Groo showing up was yet another of Jasmine's interferences. Think about it, how did Groo manage to get into the human world and know to find Cordelia at the Hyperion? The timing was also perfect, right when Angel was growing a pair and attempting to take that step with Cordelia. Recall that Cordelia becoming romantically involved with Angel was detrimental to her because she needed her vessel to mate with Connor.
Groo was a perfect distraction while Connor rapidly aged in Quor-Teth up until the time was right for Jasmine to take Cordelia. I'm pretty sure no one except Angel actually believed there was anything there.

The writers have stated several times that Angel & Buffy are literal soulmates.

Cordelia didn't even really become part demon, she became part whatever species Jasmine was. Letting Skip infuse her DNA with that of another species just delayed her death by 2 years. It was never going to save her since she was tricked into getting her body ready to be a vessel. So she kept it from everyone that the visions were killing her then turned her body into the perfect incubator.

It's not that different from Sam on Supernatural being forcibly given psychic power by a demon and then not wanting to give it up so drinking demon blood which only made it easier to be possessed by Lucifer which was the point of him being given psychic powers by a demon. Except Sam realized he was wrong while Cordelia still believed she knew best despite letting herself die to keep borrowed power and being tricked multiple times by a demon.

Cordelia went from a 2 year death from not giving up the visions to a 2 year death from making her body more possessable in order to not have to give up the visions.

FaithLehane16

"Tact is not saying true stuff. I'll pass."

Wrong.

No. I'm sorry. You are wrong.

ChaseRules

Sineya
Makes you wonder why the PTB let that happen without any hint exdept for the fact that it showed yet again that they don't care either way since they have nothing at stake . They didn't create the Slayer & all they did for Angel was send visions which as you said was killing Cordelia & they never made it so they didn't hurt .

NeonSlayer

Potential
In some ways, Cordelia was plagerizing not only Buffy but Darla.

Darla was dying of syphillus then on her deathbed a male demon tells her if she makes herself into a human-demon hybrid she can live and it gives her superpowers but she ends up dying from childbirth. But Darla's story is easier to understand & more captivating since she probably didn't have a good option in 1600s Virginia outside of prostitution, Cordelia did. And Darla spent her entire pregnancy trying to abort then chose to sacrifice her life to save an innocent infant (the very thing she kicked Angel out for in 1900 during the Boxer Rebellion) while Cordelia just came back into the story after the pregnancy was over and it was a vision (the thing she refused to transfer to save herself) that did her in.

W

WillowFromBuffy

I've recently rewatched S3 of AtS, and I found that I enjoyed Cordelia throughout the whole season, even after she comes back with Groo. She has some pretty great lines.

However, it still bothers me, that while Joyce and Tara get some great material in their last seasons, Cordelia never feels more than in S3. All that happens to her is just set up for her horrible fate in S4, and as we don't learn about Jasmine and Skip's plot until far into that season, it all feels very confusing the first time you watch it.

Cordy_Chase

Sineya
Well, I disagree with the writers and that's where I am leaving that.

Cordelia didn't even really become part demon, she became part whatever species Jasmine was. Letting Skip infuse her DNA with that of another species just delayed her death by 2 years. It was never going to save her since she was tricked into getting her body ready to be a vessel. So she kept it from everyone that the visions were killing her then turned her body into the perfect incubator.
I argued that the part-demon/higher being (I concur, my vote goes to half higher being and I believe Jasmine to be a rebellious power hence her needing Cordelia to ascend into the higher plane to possess her) mutation solved the problem of the visions killing her not prevented her death overall.

ChaseRules

Sineya
Never feels more sidelined than in S3. She's just a character who is there and says Cordelia-things sometimes.
I lost track of who Cordelia was they way the Writers were toying with her . I never though the visions were painful . I think they were made painful so she take the demon DNA. Yet another example of how the PTB were really the Powers that Do Nothing .

spikenbuffy

"Why can't I stay"
Staff member
I think it's normal that the curse is not a problem in S3, he isn't even dating Cordy so it's not really a problem (his curse) in S3. Because he's in the realization and acceptation to himself that he has feelings for Cordy all along S3. It's in the end of S3 that he wants to see Cordy to a place. They aren't even dating.
In S4 since the beginning, Jasmine is there, Cordy is gone. Angel wants to know if they have feelings for each other to JASMINE. There again in S4, Angel has to know and be sure if they have feelings for each other. Then Cordy comes back in S5, but it's to late. All along S3 and S4 it's just the realization and acceptation of feelings, they haven't been dating. So for now no problem with the curse. They have to know their feelings first but then Cordy is dead , so it's too late for them to ask about the curse.

NeonSlayer
NeonSlayer
Angel wasn't dating Cordelia in s3-4 but he was trying to (there were multiple scenes of him attempting to tell her) as if the curse wasn't an issue. It was even brought up several times before he officially got together with Nina.
ChaseRules
ChaseRules
Agreed . Angel knew that one moment of pure happness would cause him to lose it & having Cordy say yes would have done so.
FaithLehane16
FaithLehane16
I guess you are implying that the curse isn't a problem in AtS Season 3 considering his love for Cordelia would never measure up to his love for Buffy.

spikenbuffy

"Why can't I stay"
Staff member
Oh and Angel didn't leave Buffy just for the curse, it's because he's a vampire. Vampire = No sunlight, no aging together in a normal way, no babies... . Vampire + Human = Impossible and not normal. Angel should have left in Prophecy Girl and not come back. Jenny would be alive, Buffy wouldn't have suffered that much. Even Angel & Cordy is impossible and not normal. The same with Spike and Buffy.

ChaseRules

Sineya
Oh and Angel didn't leave Buffy just for the curse, it's because he's a vampire. Vampire = No sunlight, no aging together in a normal way, no babies... . Vampire + Human = Impossible and not normal. Angel should have left in Prophecy Girl and not come back. Jenny would be alive, Buffy wouldn't have suffered that much. Even Angel & Cordy is impossible and not normal. The same with Spike and Buffy.
Even more so with Cordelia since she just human unlike Buffy . Makes Angel looks callous since that proves her shouldn't be with her but it seems like he doesnts care for anyone else .

FaithLehane16

"Tact is not saying true stuff. I'll pass."
Well, I disagree with the writers and that's where I am leaving that.

I argued that the part-demon/higher being (I concur, my vote goes to half higher being and I believe Jasmine to be a rebellious power hence her needing Cordelia to ascend into the higher plane to possess her) mutation solved the problem of the visions killing her not prevented her death overall.
I guess the truth is a hard pill for you to swallow.

I lost track of who Cordelia was they way the Writers were toying with her . I never though the visions were painful . I think they were made painful so she take the demon DNA. Yet another example of how the PTB were really the Powers that Do Nothing .
It was evident from Partying Gifts and To Shanshu in LA that the visions were giving her headaches.

ChaseRules

Sineya
It was evident from Partying Gifts and To Shanshu in LA that the visions were giving her headaches.
I know but I thinking the only reason the visions were giving her pain was so she would become part demon of her own free will
which was part of the plan.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I know but I thinking the only reason the visions were giving her pain was so she would become part demon of her own free will
which was part of the plan.
However we see that Doyle was in pain with them too, and he was already half demon

Mr Trick

Scooby

It's not that different from Sam on Supernatural being forcibly given psychic power by a demon and then not wanting to give it up so drinking demon blood which only made it easier to be possessed by Lucifer which was the point of him being given psychic powers by a demon. Except Sam realized he was wrong while Cordelia still believed she knew best despite letting herself die to keep borrowed power and being tricked multiple times by a demon.

Cordelia went from a 2 year death from not giving up the visions to a 2 year death from making her body more possessable in order to not have to give up the visions.
Of course the writers stating something doesn't make it gospel and still doesn't mean the viewers can't have other readings. Even taking it for red that Angel and Buffy were "soulmates" I think they were soulmates who just weren't meant to be together long term. My issue with the Cordy-Angel ship is simply that I see them more as friends. It's not because of Angel's past with Buffy.

ChaseRules

Sineya
Same here . I see them as friends because of Buffy . Not because they were soulmates but because Angel broke up with Buffy so she could have a normal life & then see no problem ruining Cordelia life ?

Cordy_Chase

Sineya
The visions were painful for Doyle as well. This is one of the reasons I believe Cordelia was made half higher power NOT half demon.

ChaseRules

Sineya
The way I see it they wanted Cordy to become a higher power so J could hitch a ride back.

Top Bottom