• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Cordelia's hair

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
So by the end of season two, Cordelia has the short hair, but should she have done it more gradually like Willow did.

I know that Charisma wanted to cut her hair for a while but wasn't allowed to, so went for almost 5 years with the same hair style, yet Willow changed hers completely in that time.

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
I think the longer hair made her look more like a high schooler so made sense at that time, and at the start of Angel. Charisma has a hard time looking like a kid in those seasons, in comparison to AH who could pass for younger. I don't really mind her having short hair, just some short hair styles do not suit her imo.

sosa lola

Scooby
She looked better with long hair and it did make her look younger. Cordelia is supposed to be 18/19 in S1, but the second she cut her hair in S2 it aged her and by S3 Cordelia looked more like a 30 year old than a girl in her early 20s. Nicholas Brendon had the same problem with his weight gain, if he remained thin, he could still pass for a 21 year old.

Stanger406

Potential
The short hair definitely aged her a lot! She did not look to be the same age as the Buffy characters she graduated with. I would also argue that it wasn't just her hair that made a difference though. The wardrobe department definitely starting dressing her in clothing that made her look older as well.

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
I never loved the short hair but the color hade it worst. i would have prefer for her to stay a brunette but with short hair. Oh and it did make her look older, you mean this girl is supposed to be 21 looking like this:

1527606282339.png

Honestly, the Cordelia-Connor paring would not look so weird if she really looked 22 in S4. That would make them only 4 years apart which is pretty normal IRL.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Charisma had the BEST hair before she cut it off!! 😭 Unfortunately, it definitely made her look older...and anyway I always prefer people with long hair.

Cordelia looked older than Angel after that haircut. The blond streaks didn't help. But honestly, when she FIRST cut it, (and it was kind of like the old '70's shag haircut) it wasn't so bad. The colour was far too dark and severe, but all in all, it was...passable.

Didn't like Dawn or Buffy's haircuts either, come to think of it.

Taake

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Staff member
Black Thorn

It is an amazing look for Charisma but a poor look for Cordelia, if that makes sense. This look like a whole new character - the leader of the evil techno-pagan conspiracy, Cassandra Corleone.
I completely agree that it works for Charisma rather than Cordelia.

I can understand that CC wanted to chop off her hair, I mean five years with the same cut and that long, it's a lot to care for and you get bored... but why blonde? I don't understand how the showrunners could have approved of that. It doesn't feel like Cordelia at all. (I love it in Spin The Bottle when she's turned into teen Cordy again and is horrified about her hair... I mean yes, people change, but it didn't feel like a credible move for Cordy at the time, just like another part of her character assassination and making her less Cordelia)

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
The government gave me bad hair?! 😅

spikenbuffy

"You have superpowers,that's so cool,can you fly?"
I absolutely love Cordy 's hair the most in ATS S2, I love her new dark-black hair colour, she's just sexy as hell in those episodes of ATS S2, she has never be as sexy & hot as in this season IMO. But I don't care if she becomes blonde, it's not a big deal for me.

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
Well I never really thought about her hair that much to be honest...
I don't really dislike any of her hairstyles, I like (or at least can stand) them all.
But my least favourite is Cordy being blonde. It's not like I think she doesn't look beautiful or anything, just not like Cordy. So I agree with those who said it looks good for Charisma, but not for Cordelia.
And I have absolutely no problem with short-hair-Cordy. I actually like it :) (if she stayed brunette) But I do love her long hair.
And I never really thought about her hairstyle making her look older...
Honestly, the Cordelia-Connor paring would not look so weird if she really looked 22 in S4. That would make them only 4 years apart which is pretty normal IRL.
It would be great if we had less of an "icky" moment with Connor/Cordelia if she looked younger :) Four years apart would be defenitely no problem (though then there's still the "her being like his mother" problem)

I don't really care about her hair that much, she always looks beautiful. My favourite hair for Cordy just has to be brown, so it looks like Cordy. And if she stops sleeping with people who are almost like her son, then I have absolutely no problem if her hair makes her look older :)

I think this is my favourite Cordy hair...
But I also like her long hair (curled and straight, I like both)
And short hair! (Just please brown!!!)

Last edited:

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Buffy Season 1

Buffy Season 2

Buffy Season 3

Angel Season 1

Angel Season 2

Angel Season 3

Angel Season 4

Angel Season 5

The blonde definitely ages her. You wouldn't think these two were supposedly the same age.

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
There is a 10 year age difference in the last photo, so I think she does alright. Honestly, her sharp face shape has always made her look more mature. Not much baby fat there.

I think she just doesn't suit certain hairstyles because of her very defined face shape.

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
Buffy Season 1
Buffy Season 2
Buffy Season 3
Angel Season 1
Angel Season 2
Angel Season 3
Angel Season 4
Angel Season 5
I think she looks absolutely beautiful in all the pics 😍
(But as I said the blonde looks good too, but she doesn't look like Cordy)

Top Bottom