• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Cordelia's wish and Xander's punishment

I've always thought it was unfair that Buffy got blamed for Xander's mistake (even though The Wish as a "What if" episode was brilliant) I just feel that Cordelia's wish should be something against Xander, not Buffy.

In a couple of my fics:

1) I had Cordelia making a wish that Anya twisted into Xander carrying the child of the first person he has sex with.
2) I've explored a wish Cordelia had said in the episode "I wish that Xander Harris never again knows the touch of a woman" which resulted to Xander getting burned in the part of his body that touches any female.

So, what if the alternative universe of The Wish gets explored in another episode - so we still get to see an episode about Buffy never arriving to Sunnydale - and this episode gets to be about Cordelia and Xander as it should have been. What wish would you have liked Cordelia to make against Xander and we get to see him suffering throughout the episode?

Not sure offhand, but to fit the theme, it should bite Cordy on the butt somehow. A scene that comes instantly to mind is Cordelia hanging on a ledge needing help up and the only one there is Xander, but her touch will burn him. Despite that by now Xander knows what Cordelia did he takes off his shirt to wrap up his hand and yanks her up to safety, though it still causes him pain. At that point Cordelia would want to end the curse, and rightfully swear that she did not mean for the wish to come about (even if a small vindictive part of her is glad it did, just as a small vindictive part of Xander wishes she'd let Cordelia fall, his mocking words the last thing she heard).

That aside, I thought Xander did suffer...now I'm thinking how awesome it would be if Xander made a passing comment to Anya (in a later season) about Buffy seeming to only love vampires, and if only he were a vampire...and Anya says, "You did meet Buffy as a vampire, and she didn't even spare you a glance as she staked you. Not that you cared, you were all over that slutty Willow, who was all over you. Why do you hang around her so much anyway while neglecting me? You don't have fangs, do you? Does she? Have you tested her with a crucifix lately?"

Not sure offhand, but to fit the theme, it should bite Cordy on the butt somehow. A scene that comes instantly to mind is Cordelia hanging on a ledge needing help up and the only one there is Xander, but her touch will burn him. Despite that by now Xander knows what Cordelia did he takes off his shirt to wrap up his hand and yanks her up to safety, though it still causes him pain. At that point Cordelia would want to end the curse, and rightfully swear that she did not mean for the wish to come about (even if a small vindictive part of her is glad it did, just as a small vindictive part of Xander wishes she'd let Cordelia fall, his mocking words the last thing she heard).
That would have been so lovely to see. Though I suspect that Buffy would track down Anya and force her to end the curse or Giles would smash Anya's necklace and she'd end up being human.

Another wish would be Xander turned into a woman, which would have been awesome to see. I've read so many Female Xander fics and I adore them to death.

That would have been so lovely to see. Though I suspect that Buffy would track down Anya and force her to end the curse or Giles would smash Anya's necklace and she'd end up being human.

Another wish would be Xander turned into a woman, which would have been awesome to see. I've read so many Female Xander fics and I adore them to death.
Great question I'm going to have to really think on this one...

Great question I'm going to have to really think on this one...
Can't wait to hear your thoughts. :)

Another wish would be Xander never existing which would be something like The Wish but without Xander and Buffy (since she'd be dead in The Harvest without Xander pulling her out of the sewers.)

peaceofmind18
peaceofmind18
Yup our poor often maligned Xander - totally a integral member of the Core Four and so not the Zeppo
Maybe something along the lines of I wish you felt as humiliated as me, I wish your friends and the whole world knew your darkest secrets ...

Or I wish You felt as HURT as me - could have been interesting....

I want some Xander angst / As opposed to be forced to watch Angel suffering like weekly lol :rolleyes: ;)

Maybe some of his home life might have actually come out in the air then....

Sineya
One thing we see with every wish: the person making the wish gets some serious blowback as a result of it. In "The Wish" where Cordelia wishes Buffy had never come to Sunnydale, she is killed shortly thereafter. When Nancy wants to get rid of Ronny, he turns into a Sluggoth demon and eats her dog. When the Rachel in "Selfless" has the frat boys all turn into Grimslaw demons, she is left in a state of PTSD that will never quit.

What happens to Cordelia this time?

In my scenario?

If Xander was really hurt - either emotionally or otherwise I actually think she would feel a great amount of guilt -

I know she was all snark after the clothes fluke and sort of made it a bit of a mission to somewhat hurt Xander but if he was truly seriously hurt I can't help but think Cordelia would feel very badly about it -

She was so angry because she really cared about him a lot - that doesn't just go away no matter how much we want it too...

Top Bottom