• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Cordy is back! What happens?

Taake

Bella
Staff member
Black Thorn
When Charisma Carpenter left Buffy for Angel the actress told media that Joss Whedon promised her that she would always have a place on Buffy and could always come back should the spin-off fail.

Now, imagine that Angel had failed, you can decided whether it failed after season 1 or 2, but it fails and Charisma wants to come back to Buffy. You're Joss, what do you do? How do you accomodate her character into the old setting? Will she just be a recurring character? Will someone else get the axe in order for Cordy to come back?

How do you think it could have worked out and what might have been in the stars for Cordy on Buffy in the later seasons?

The visions (maddeningly brief and confusing) of the world ending (or maybe Dark Willow) would bring her to Sunnydale and it would be woven into the seasons.

Offhand I don't see how they could go with the Jasmine arc (Connor, etc), but if she still got pregnant...it would not end well. But Buffy was falling apart with retcons and out of character moments anyway (and only Buffy had plot armor equal to Spike's), she'd probably just be killed off to either up the stakes or even just add to the angst.

Athena

Belinda
Staff member
Black Thorn
Hello... love triangle with Xander and Anya culminating in him leaving her at the altar. This just writes itself.... :p

Seriously though, I would have loved to see Cordy back in Sunnydale. And Oz for that matter. But I do fear Cordy would only be there in lieu of Anya and I'm not sure I'm cool with that.

thrasherpix
thrasherpix
And also half-demon Cordelia vs Anyanka later on.

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Well Joss and promises usually don't go together especially when CC is concern soooo...he would propably bring her back on BTVS and get her killed in the first episode. Probably Anya kills her as an hommage to the wish dimension.

thrasherpix
thrasherpix
Yeah, his promises are pretty worthless, and not just to CC.
Okay, if Angel fails, Angel comes back too. The new characters in Season 4 are Riley, Spike, Tara and Anya. Pick which two die. Will it be Anya and Riley? Tara and Riley? Spike and Riley? Okay Spike would probably go to recurring. So, do you want to see Anya die?

Okay, if Angel fails, Angel comes back too. The new characters in Season 4 are Riley, Spike, Tara and Anya. Pick which two die. Will it be Anya and Riley? Tara and Riley? Spike and Riley? Okay Spike would probably go to recurring. So, do you want to see Anya die?
As for what I want...I'm going to choose Riley simply because I don't like what he becomes in season 5, and therefore would not have that to taint my view of him (I liked him well enough in season 4). OTOH, Riley was only turned into a jerk to move toward a Spuffy arc, so kill Spike instead and keep Riley. I know it's unpopular, but Spike's hot abs and bad boy tude doesn't make me want to see him as an exception to be spared. Bye, bye Spike, loved your entrance, and now love your exit from the show. :cool:

Okay, so I've dusted Spike, and kept Riley. But given the other choices I'd still want to be rid of Riley before the others. Sorry Riley. :confused:

That said, despite my wanting to keep Anya and Cordy (and imagining those 2 calling each other on their BS makes the dialog seem promising), but from a storyteller perspective, the writers are best serve having only one smart mouth foil for the rest of the cast, so I'm gonna have to go with choosing Spike and Anya (and to think Spanya is the closest I ever came to being a shipper!) in this scenario (Riley is saved, yay! :)). Though not to worry folks, I know Joss would kill off Cordy and keep Spike no matter what. ;)

Mrs Gordo
Mrs Gordo
If joss tried to kill Spike, Jane Espensen would threaten him with serious bodily injury.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
I'd bring Cordy back after the end of season 2. before the Cordy/Angel romance. Even though I ship Cordy and Xander I wouldn't have anything between them. Not until after Xander leaves Anya at the alter. I'd probably have her be a recurring character not a regular. Popping up when the visions require her to. I'd just like to see grown up Cordy interact with the gang.

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
Have her return to Sunnydale to be with her mom (she still lives there, right?), then have her and the Scoobies run into each other every now and then....Cordy knows all about the mission and is on the same side, so it wouldn't be to weird to have her join up with the Scoobies again. She could easily be a regular on the show.

Or maybe Willow keeps in enough contact with her that when she returns she's the one that brings Cordy back into the fold.

Taake

Bella
Staff member
Black Thorn
:eek: What fresh hell is this? I will do no such thing ma’am. :p
In a multiple universe theory odds are in one of them it happened. Just go with it, :p

Have her return to Sunnydale to be with her mom (she still lives there, right?), then have her and the Scoobies run into each other every now and then....Cordy knows all about the mission and is on the same side, so it wouldn't be to weird to have her join up with the Scoobies again. She could easily be a regular on the show.

Or maybe Willow keeps in enough contact with her that when she returns she's the one that brings Cordy back into the fold.
I like the idea of bringing her back to be with her mom, it'd help flesh out her backstory in the process.

Cordy as a regular... question, shows love to pair people up, Cordy as a returnee and kind of never truly IN the Scooby Gang... would she become Giles' new squeeze? ;)

brinkster130
brinkster130
Could you imagine Buffy's reaction to a Giles/Cordy romance?

HoppyHippy

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Yep, I can't see Anya sticking around if Cordy returned. Cordy winning Xander back would be great, and a real reason for Xander to leave Anya at the altar. Maybe Anya could be the next big bad, but no one believes Cordys vision of it because "shes hurt her enough". Anya could play the sob story and then become a real threat to male scoobies :p

white avenger

white avenger
Okay, if Angel fails, Angel comes back too.
This is something that I've always wondered. If "Angel" had failed as a series,would the regulars on the show,primarily Angel and Cordy, be brought back onto "Buffy," and, if so, in what capacity? I would have preferred to have them in recurring roles, not full time regulars, for at least a couple of reasons. First, without eliminating someone else, probably Spike and Riley, but not necessarily, given Joss' habit of killing off main characters, the show would be just too crowded with good guys. The whole premise of the show, originally, was the "one girl in all the world" and her small, tight band of friends. The more people you add, the harder it gets to portray the individual characters properly. Second, in Angel's case, he didn't just leave because he needed a change in scenery, he left on a mission of redemption, trying to fight his own war,not just be one of Buffy's sidekicks. Having him come back full time would seem to indicate that he either abandoned his mission, or somehow managed to atone for all of Angelus' sins and crimes in just a couple of years. Either alternative would, to me,seem to lessen the character. In Cordy's case, I'm not really all that sure that she could be worked back in as Xander's love interest (she seemed to have grown up way sooner than he did) plus, she couldn't really contribute anything new to the show, since Buffy's own Slayer dreams could do anything, and probably more,than her visions ever could.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Let's not change the thread topic. If you want to pose a different scenario please start a new thread.

:)

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
I think Cordy could have come back and instead of Dawn being Buffy's sister they could have realized that the Monks made Cordy and Cordy is actually Buffy's sister and that Cordy is not Cordy Chase but actually Cordy Summers and Cordy and Buffy are sisters and best friends and... that's all I got.

I don't think Cordy would have worked on BtVS with Spike and Anya. That'd be a whole lotta sass.

Mrs Gordo

We fight termites wherever they may roam!
Black Thorn
Cordy and Spike cannot exist on the same show. Just having them together in Your Welcome was weird.

I do think Anya and Cordy could. Cordy is blunt and annoyingly insightful at times (same as Spike). Anya just says inappropriate crap mostly about herself and Xander and sex.

Last edited:
thrasherpix
thrasherpix
And money, money, money, she loved it so much she'd shovel it down her throat if she could.
Top Bottom