• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Cordy's worst outfits

MarieVampSlayer

Slayer musk: It's bitter and aggravating!
Sineya
Hi all,

So while I am creating this thread I was wondering, does Cordy even have bad outfits? And then I remember Season 3 or Angel...

The clothes aren't horrible but she looks like a yoga teacher...which is not good for Cordy!

buffy1990
buffy1990
Her outfits definitely went downhill there...not just her clothes but her hair as well. Charisma is gorgeous of course, but I always thought longer, darker hair suited her much better.
ChaseRules
ChaseRules
Why is being a yoga teacher bad for Cordelia ?

WillowFromBuffy

Extra flamy candles!

This skin tight, extra cleavy, make your eyes bleed blue denim jump suit with the massive belt bucket and boob pockets is the worst thing ever. I think it may be a denim variant of the black spiderman suit from the third movie.

crazysoulless
crazysoulless
That's one of my fave outfits in the verse and always made me want to picture it on a character I actually like.

Mrs Gordo

(She's not even a vampire.) No, I'm an attorney.
Black Thorn
Most of s3 is pretty bad, including WitW. I know I'm supposed to be swoony over how she looks but once again I think they miss the mark on Cordy and formal wear. The hair is also very very strange in that episode.

buffy1990
buffy1990
Agreed. Fred's dress/hair was great but they missed the mark with Cordy!
crazysoulless
crazysoulless
I rolled my eyes when Angel acted all swoony surprised. He saw her look better in Prom and City Of.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.

Catholic school girls in glass houses.
I get your point here, I really do, but just to quibble :p Cordy's dress is more fitted/tailored, it's shorter, it's a nicer colour and it's probably a designer label, whereas Willow's is clearly ill-fitted, knee-length and paired with off-coloured tights and, as Cordy points out, bought from Sears (not the most high-end fashion store).

Also, I hate this outfit with a fiery vengeance:

Last edited:
MarieVampSlayer
MarieVampSlayer
Me too! She looks so old and like she has no shape! Not flattering at all!
crazysoulless
crazysoulless
She's not even recognizable as Cordelia in late s3. She's not recognizable as Cordelia's mom.
Sineya
How could we miss "Nightmares" where she was being dragged off to the chess club:

The harder side of Sears? Bad hair life? The rest of the cast at this point is in plaid. Nightmares indeed!

WillowFromBuffy

Extra flamy candles!
Cordy's dress is more fitted/tailored, it's shorter, it's a nicer colour and it's probably a designer label, whereas Willow's is clearly ill-fitted, knee-length and paired with off-coloured tights and, as Cordy points out, bought from Sears (not the most high-end fashion store).
True, but I find myself preferring Willow's outfit as it has some personality. Cordelia looks like a nurse from the 60s.

I see this hoodie as a symbol of the watering down of Cordelia's character.

MarieVampSlayer
MarieVampSlayer
Hahaha it's like Gunn gave her some fashion tips!

Mrs Gordo

(She's not even a vampire.) No, I'm an attorney.
Black Thorn
@crazysoulless - I pretty much roll my eyes that entire episode it’s all just a giant absurdity. Also, Angel’s tux wasn’t great either. He looked much better in his formal wear in the episode “The Prom” (both dream wedding and prom dance).

True, but I find myself preferring Willow's outfit as it has some personality. Cordelia looks like a nurse from the 60s.

Yeah I guess you can’t be a saint and wear Prada. Pfft. Lame.

crazysoulless
crazysoulless
Buffy is a saint and according to the BtVS wardrobe department wears a lot of Prada.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya

That outfit was song it almost makes you want to jump in here & taking her shopping for some good clothes :eek:

nightshade

Watcher
Staff member
Black Thorn

I like the outfit here, to me it shows that she knows who she is now. She's not a rich aspiring actress, she's a woman that's ready to fight the good fight, she doesn't have the money that she used to have so her look isn't as flashy as it was, it's practical, it's also something that people in their early twenties would wear.

MarieVampSlayer

Slayer musk: It's bitter and aggravating!
Sineya
@ChaseRules There's nothing bad with being a yoga teacher but they are rarely fashionable. I don't think Cordy would like to look sporty, hippy or like a granola girl in any way. Prada and granaola do not go hand in hand!

I know it was for a publicity but this bathing suit was soo ugly!

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Good point . I was thinking it would look good on her at home longing around but not outside since walking like that in public is another thing :D

Plus she looks like she got that swimsuit at Wall Mart :eek:

MarieVampSlayer
MarieVampSlayer
Yes I could see her in yoga wear at home but not in public or with this haircut!