• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Coronavirus 2.0

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
We had a couple more cases for a week or so there, but are back down to our regular about 5. So it's been steady. Though our researchers have found that the virus is getting weaker (people are coming in less sick, staying sick for less time), so that's good news.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Though our researchers have found that the virus is getting weaker (people are coming in less sick, staying sick for less time), so that's good news.
Kinda like what people were saying that would happen when the weather gets warmer.

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
No new deaths recorded in Scotland for the second day in a row. I think the numbers are still a bit higher down south.

Faith

Bite Me!
Staff member
Black Thorn
No new deaths recorded in Scotland for the second day in a row. I think the numbers are still a bit higher down south.
And Wee Nic has said that if things keep going the way they are, we can enter Phase 2 after the next review on the 18th. That means I can actually go in my Dad's house.

Professor Walsh

Feminist slayerette
Black Thorn
The upper secondary school where I work is open as normal now, merely with strict hygiene rules and a strict policy of staying at home if you are the littlest bit ill. With 8547 known cases in total, 21 currently in hospital and 238 deaths in total until now (today's numbers), the situation seems to be under control here.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Now the WHO is saying that asymptomatic spreading of the beer bug is rare. They were the same ones saying that was the leading cause of it's spreading. That's why "everyone" had to wear masks. No suddenly it's rare? Please.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
The fact is nobody really knows anything, and are learning new things every day. It was kind of expecting too much for people to know things definitively right off.
Which is why they call it Novel Coronavirus. They still don't know how many strains there are how long immunity lasts for any of them. You may end up with a situation like the annual flu vaccine where they take the three strains that are most likely to show up. Sometimes they win, sometimes they miss entirely.

TriBel

Scooby
We had a couple more cases for a week or so there, but are back down to our regular about 5. So it's been steady. Though our researchers have found that the virus is getting weaker (people are coming in less sick, staying sick for less time), so that's good news.
I read that a week or so ago. Haven't you got several different strains going? I'm sure I saw somewhere that the US had one unique case that had so much of the genome missing that it was little worse than the common cold.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I'll just be ecstatic when these stupid masks are no longer mandatory!!! They never should've been in the first place.
I'm sure I've seen it said somewhere that the masks don't really protect you, they just kind of protect other people from your germs.

Give Us A Kiss
Give Us A Kiss
Correct, they are meant to prevent you from spreading the virus around in case you have it.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Ov Fire and the Void
Black Thorn
I'm sure I've seen it said somewhere that the masks don't really protect you, they just kind of protect other people from your germs.
At first it was said that they actually don't help anything, then decided "it's better than nothing." 🙄

Well, our bands should be back on on the road soon. They're losing SO much money from cancelled tours.

DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
If the top pic opened their hands then it would be representative of some of the elements coming out of the BLM movement.
Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
Gives a whole new meaning to the term "death metal".

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Coronavirus is doing okay, still affecting thousands, still killing hundreds. I don't know who the researchers Buffy Summers was referring to but they must have meant their neighbourhood only as it is going in leaps and bounds in African country's.
Are they still waiting with baited breath for the outcome from the BLM protests?

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
I was talking about the United States. No need to belittle me for trying to say something positive.

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
I figured they did refer to the USA, I just said of the African states, no thought was made to belittle you. Apology is current if that is what you thought.

Taake

Nightmare, dressed as a daydream
Staff member
Black Thorn
Are they still waiting with baited breath for the outcome from the BLM protests?
Is there are a reason not to? The uptick of cases was linked to some states easing restrictions a few weeks ago, if there is another increase in a few weeks it’ll likely be due to the protests. Why wouldn’t this be a point of interest for anyone interested in this virus, or concerned about it, and how to deal with it and move forward?

Taking the politics out of it I’m sure this wasn’t the time people wanted to protest, due to fears of catching or spreading the virus. I’m sure even the protesters are concerned about what this may mean for contagion and are hoping for the best here.

Top Bottom