• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Coronavirus

EarthLogic

Scooby
Black Thorn
@Bluebird It's utterly beyond me how anyone in England can still vote Tory, and try to reason it with a straight face
Yeah I can't fathom it either. You'd think after this pandemic has exposed their incompetence and mendacity so completely, people would say enough is enough. Sadly I'm not holding out much hope for that. I reckon despite the there's still a lot of 'oh they're trying their best/Labour are scary Marxists/take back control' type thinking out there. A family member of mine even recently said that despite utter shambles and uselessness of the government over Covid, he still thinks Johnson has been a good PM and likes the guy. As much as I love and care for said family member, how do you even reason with this level of stupid!? I expect the Murdoch papers will swiftly go back to their usual sycophantic cheerleading once this is is over - they still have their own selfish interests to look out for after all.

At least for now I can now look forward to PMQs with a sense of schadenfreude.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
@Bluebird @EarthLogic
I've had an old friend call me a c*** and block me on Facebook because they're convinced the Tories are doing a great job. There's literally no level of incompetence, malice or loss of life that will have Tories questioning themselves.

I'm not sure about the papers. I think now the chance of real change has been removed and a controlled opposition put in place they might get behind that instead next time. If there is a next time, who knows. Bleak.

WillowFromBuffy

To be or not to evil.
How many of you are in places were you are expected to wear mask? I see they make a big deal out of people wearing masks in the US, but we don't wear masks here, and we seem to have things very much under control atm. Things are also quickly going back to normal ... close to normal.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
With regard for the COVID-19.
@The Bronze, @Bluebird, @EarthLogic,
it isn't so much a case of I am not voting for them idiot Tories again, it is more a case of is there anyone else to vote for.
It is just the same in America, Trump is an idiot but would you vote for Biden?

About not wearing a mask WillowFromBuffy, I never have but I don't try to make up silly excuses

TriBel
TriBel
I'd vote for Biden.
EarthLogic
EarthLogic
So would I.

TriBel

Scooby
@Bluebird - don't even talk about. I'm back on "move to Scotland".
@EarthLogic - you can't fix stupid. I've got family members I'm pointedly ignoring.
How many of you are in places were you are expected to wear mask? I see they make a big deal out of people wearing masks in the US, but we don't wear masks here, and we seem to have things very much under control atm. Things are also quickly going back to normal ... close to normal.
Who the hell knows? The UK Governments making it up as it goes along and unmaking what it said, didn't say, hinted at, denied saying before. It's page after bloody page straight out of the Trump playbook. I don't mind wearing a mask. Our population's much more denser than yours (in more ways than one) so it kinda makes sense. There's a lot of Chinese people in Manchester and they wear them as a matter of course. I'm going to wear them just to p*ss off the non-mask brigade. I've been making them in the most unsubtle material I can buy - flamingos, bees, tigers. I even bought material named after the Hacienda Nightclub - kinda neon flashes.

This was tweeted shortly after the PM's speech tonight. It's genuine - the Government took it down within minutes but not before everyone had screenshot it. People have printed it on T-shirts and mugs.

Last edited:
Bluebird
Bluebird
The fact that they're more focused on punishing who made the tweet is unreal. Gaslighting an entire nation. Words have no meaning anymore after that last speech he made.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Now that is confusing, sortof. Did the Chinese folk in Manchester buy their face masks 'made in China"
Also
you say they had it printed on T shirts, thats okay, but why print it on Boris's face?

katmobile

Scooby
With regard for the COVID-19.
@The Bronze, @Bluebird, @EarthLogic,
it isn't so much a case of I am not voting for them idiot Tories again, it is more a case of is there anyone else to vote for.
It is just the same in America, Trump is an idiot but would you vote for Biden?

About not wearing a mask WillowFromBuffy, I never have but I don't try to make up silly excuses
If I lived in the States yes I would ....anything to get out Trump. I've taken a lot of flack from the Never Bidens online.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya

Fri, May 22 2020

KEY POINTS
  • Hospitalized Covid-19 patients treated with hydroxychloroquine had a higher risk of death compared to those who didn't take the anti-malaria drug, according to a new study published in The Lancet.
  • The study looked at more than 96,000 patients across six continents.
  • Patients who took the drug or chloroquine, which hydroxychloroquine is derived from, were also more likely to developed irregular heart rhythms.

"...a higher risk of death compared to those who didn't take it, according to a new study published Friday in The Lancet.

Patients who took the drug or chloroquine, which hydroxychloroquine is derived from, were also more likely to developed irregular heart rhythms, according to the study. The study looked at more than 96,000 patients from 671 hospitals across six continents.

Researchers at Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women's Hospital and other institutions looked at 96,032 patients who were hospitalized with Covid-19 between Dec. 20 and April 14. They said 14,888 patients were treated with hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, either alone or in combination with a macrolide. The remaining 81,144 patients were in the control group.

Nearly 10,700 patients died in the hospital during the time period. The study found that after controlling for multiple factors, including age, race, sex and underlying health conditions, there was a 34% increase in risk of mortality for patients who took hydroxychloroquine and a 137% increased risk of serious heart arrhythmias."

"Hydroxychloroquine is known to have serious side effects, including muscle weakness and heart arrhythmia. A small study in Brazil was halted for safety reasons after coronavirus patients taking chloroquine, which hydroxychloroquine is derived from, developed arrhythmia, including some who died.

Last week, another study published in the JAMA Network found the drug appeared to not help Covid-19 patients and, instead, placed them at increased risk of cardiac arrest.

The study published Friday analyzed medical records of Covid-19 patients. It was not a randomized controlled trial, which is considered the gold standard in science. It was funded by William Harvey Distinguished Chair in Advanced Cardiovascular Medicine at Brigham and Women's Hospital."

Black Thorn
For months now @Anyanka Bunny Slayer has been saying that the Coronavirus was a hoax or a conspiracy and I haven't really agreed with that. But now it suddenly all makes sense

There might be a virus, and some people might be sick, but there's still something really suspicious about the entire thing.

No, I don't believe there's a pandemic. And I never will.

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Our numbers have been under 50 per day for awhile now, restaurants might open tomorrow while they keep on delaying reopening the train more and more.

I don't believe the numbers coming out of places such as NYC, find it hard to believe that they are digging up mass graves...
Won't be surprised if some of the blue states will stay closed until after the elections so that Biden will have a chance of winning...Trump is going to win by a landslide as more and more people are starting to see The Democratic Party for what they really are...

katmobile

Scooby
Our numbers have been under 50 per day for awhile now, restaurants might open tomorrow while they keep on delaying reopening the train more and more.

I don't believe the numbers coming out of places such as NYC, find it hard to believe that they are digging up mass graves...
Won't be surprised if some of the blue states will stay closed until after the elections so that Biden will have a chance of winning...Trump is going to win by a landslide as more and more people are starting to see The Democratic Party for what they really are...
I think it's the opposite as people are seeing how mismanaged this is by Trump. You don't see it as you don't live in an area effected by some of preachers who don't believe in Covid or thought they could heal it through prayer are dead from guess what.

Black Thorn
Won't be surprised if some of the blue states will stay closed until after the elections so that Biden will have a chance of winning.
I DEFINITELY don't believe the mass graves bullshit. Its so incredibly preposterous that it boggles the mind.

Yes, it occurred to me that part of this merry- go-round is about giving Biden a chance to win. The timing of these lockdowns are just too convenient. They keep Trump rallies from happening...and we all know that he has MASSES of people behind him. On the other hand, creepy uncle Joe can barely get a couple of hundred people to show up at his functions.

I'm so sick of this crap. I'm just done.

Black Thorn
Just left work. Told my boss I feel sick. *fake cough* Because of this CORVID-19 thing, I'm eligible for two weeks off with pay. Why didn't I do this before?! 😂 I REALLY didn't want to work anyway. And now I have a paid vacation. I'm so, so happy!!! 🥳

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
@ Give Us A Kiss,
I hope what you wrote in #1,452 was a mistake, quote: find it hard to believe that they are digging up mass graves.
As far as I'm concerned it should have been written: find it hard to believe that they are digging mass graves.

or is this just another example of the difference between American English and English English.

Taake

Nightmare, dressed as a daydream
Staff member
Black Thorn
Boris Johnson: "We have published a roadmap for how and when the UK government will adjust our response to the COVID-19 crisis."

Dominic Cummings' roadmap responding to the COVID crisis:

Lol, didn’t even the guy who designed the lockdown or whatever flout it to see his girlfriend or something? And some other politican went to like five funerals? Guess it is lucky we don’t have a lockdown or we’d have similar scandals/news I’m sure 🙈 I get that it is hard, I think what we have is hard, but you’d think public officials would be extra mindful!

TriBel
TriBel
Sigh...you'd think that wouldn't you? They don't care...
Top Bottom