• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Could Olaf have beaten Glory?

burrunjor

Potential
Since his hammer was what harmed her, and he is a lot bigger and stronger than Buffy, could he have stomped her?

Having said that though he couldn't beat Buffy with the hammer. Also I thought it was a bit much the way the hammer didn't do any lasting damage to Xander, but almost killer Glory.

LemonBanana

Scooby
Sineya
Hi! I love your post, here is what I think. I think that, although the hammer beat Glory Olaf couldn’t of because he didn’t quite have the brains. For him it was just “Smash, Smash, Smash!!!” Where as Buffy was logical (besides, she also has the skill!) Buffy was more at Glory’s level than Olaf was in my opinion, and to be honest... we wanted to see Buffy kick her ass, not Olaf! 😂 😂 😂 Thanks! 😊 💕

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Also I thought it was a bit much the way the hammer didn't do any lasting damage to Xander, but almost killer Glory.
There was more force between the hammer swing when Buffy was wielding it, than when Olaf was wielding it.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
I doubt a canon answer exists, but I would suggest as a magic hammer made by the troll gods, it has a damage buff on the demonic.

burrunjor

Potential
Agreed. All she'd have to do is offer him some beer and babies and he'd be under her thrall.
Yeah you're both probably right. Good thing they took out Olaf really quickly. The combined might of Olaf and Glory would have finished even Dark Willow.

famicommander

Potential
It wasn't just the hammer that allowed Buffy to beat Glory.

It was a combination of the hammer, Willow's reversal spell, Xander with a wrecking ball, the Dagon Sphere, the gang distracting the minions, the Buffybot, and Buffy herself.

Without the other stuff, either Olaf or Buffy would still get wrecked by Glory, hammer or no.

AngelBuffy

Townie
Since his hammer was what harmed her, and he is a lot bigger and stronger than Buffy, could he have stomped her?

Having said that though he couldn't beat Buffy with the hammer. Also I thought it was a bit much the way the hammer didn't do any lasting damage to Xander, but almost killer Glory.

buffy was stronger than olaf. she beat the crap out of him when he said anya and xander love wont last.

also buffy gets stronger and stronger everyday. reason she was able to hold her own against Glory by the end of season 5.

WillowFromBuffy

To be or not to evil.
Buffy was able to beat Glory with the hammer after she got her brain juice sucked out, was weakened by the Dagon Sphere, went a few rounds with the Buffy Bot and was hit with a wrecking ball.

Top Bottom