• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question Could Wesley have released her from her contract?

methos

White Knight? Black King?
when Wesley is being given the tour of Wolfram and Hart at the end of S4, we see him go down to the archives and burn Lilah's contract in an effort to free her...

Now this doesn't work as the contracts are some sort of 'perpetuity clause' or something, basically a contract for eternity working at Wolfram and Hart... afterlife and all that jazz...

So my question is, once Angel took over working at Wolfram and Hart, could Wesley have released Lilah from her contract, effectively letting her 'move on' or whatever?

As Angel was the new CEO basically, and Wesley as head of research department, i'm sure either one of them had the clout to actually release her from her contract...

M

The Unspoken

Champion of the underdogs
If the contract was with Wolfram & Hart, Angel taking over means he would have the freedom to change said contract or declare that she has no longer has an obligation to work for him. But maybe it required the senior partners' consent.

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
I imagine that he'd need the consent of the Senior Partners to do it. Wesley could petition Angel to change her contract, and Angel could take the request to the Senior Partners, but I don't think they'd agree to the change if it meant she would be set free.

And, after everything that Lilah did in the name of Wolfram and Hart, she'd probably end up in Hell anyway, so maybe it's a good thing that she's still working for them.

jellokitty
jellokitty
[No message]

methos

White Knight? Black King?
she was in Hell anyway

at the end of S4 she told Angel that she was only on 'reprieve' to give them the offer, then she was going straight back to Hell...

of course, this is what she said, so it's about as trustworthy as a necrophiliac working in a morgue...

M

Litheran

Rebel without a pulse
Also; it depends on whether the contract was with Wolfram and Hart Los Angeles branch; or directly with the Senior Partners.

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
But she was still under contract with W&H, so who knows what she was doing down there. If she wasn't working for them, I think her 'life' down there would be a whole lot different.

Top Bottom