• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Couples that could never happen

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
So we've all thought of those people that could be together , but what about people that you would never want to see together?

Angel/Harmony
Dawn/Tara

All is possible in your personal spank bank, also very relevant banner is on brand.

actually I wanna play.. Connor/Lorne (ask me why)

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
I wouldn't mind this at all. They had that one moment where they were talking about their humanity that felt very natural and organic. I think they'd actually be an interesting couple.

Mr Trick/Mayor - It would have kept me alive flonger for a start!:p

Fred/Spike - I think they worked better as friends, but wouldn't have mind seeing what sort of chemistry they had as lovers.

WillowFromBuffy
WillowFromBuffy
Man, you didn't read the OP.

HoppyHippy

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Joyce/Jenny
Sharkface/clem
Clem/Xander
Anya/Angel (she would make him cry)

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Oh good one with Anya/Angel! Don't think I've seen them mentioned as a couple before.
Hmm...without getting creative about it which could be considered downright trollish if I did list some possible crack ships that come to mind (that is, I'm restricting myself to what could actually be considered by the writers--and also leaving out those that DID happen that I would've appreciated if they hadn't), Eve with Angel (or any other "good guys"), Angel with that demon woman in She (and glad she's not a recurring character, though I don't hate her as many other fans do, I just think one episode was enough for her).

Connor/Lorne (ask me why)
Why?

I had Lorne originally for Andrew, because he would be a good mentor for Andrew, play charades with him, listen seriously and fatherly to his silly interests, since people probably think the same of his interest in movies and movies stars, they could talk pop culture together and he would show Andrew you can both grow up, be a man and keep your don't take life to seriously attitude at the same time.

Buffy is a very subtextually queer show with a huge lgbt fanbase, if Angel lacks in that department, then making Connor gay and pairing him with the series most fluid character would be doing a generosity to his character and give his very punchable angst, more heart, dimension and depth. The age difference is a little problematic (hello, Cordy) in this cse we will call it subversive. I picture Connor a youth in the style of Brian Kinney which gives him instant groupies and Lorne in a friendship-mentor will they wont they.

Faith/Anya. Am I the only one curious what reformed Faith would have to say about Anya's self pity and the world owes me attitude? Faith does not need Anya's poo pooing of accountability (they were bad men / they had it coming /they hurt me) and Anya is not the type to let any thing go, she is also violent and if she got her feelings hurt might answer with a back-hand, especially since a slayer is tough enough to take it.

Willow/Lilah.

Last edited:
thrasherpix
thrasherpix
Lorne/Andrew (Landrew?) sounds beautiful...and I never saw it until you described it. And the thought of Faith & Anya there did make me chuckle, I don't think they could stand the other beyond sex (if even that) and I'd sympathize with Faith there

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Ones thatt he writers maybe possibly considered (otherwise their are too many to list) but should never happen.

Faith/Spike
Angel/Eve
Giles/Faith (in the comics)

Top Bottom