• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Craziest ships

r2dh2

Never go for the kill when you can go for the pain
Do you have a couple that you’d like to have seen together in some alternate universe? You can mix and match from AtS and BtVS. Let’s try to stay away from the usual (Spuffy, Bangel, Xanya, Cangel, etc.)... But if you mention the usual, please do not turn it into a battle. And you also can go into the not-so-crazy territory if there was a ship that you’d have wanted to see explored but wasn’t.

And tell us why!

For me:

Cordelia/Doyle. Pretty obvious, they were lovely together. Cordy S2 and Doyle would have been a great pair!
Angel/Illyria (I don’t read the comics, but it might have been explored there). Can I say hot?
Spike/Fred. Cute Fred would bring the sweetest side of Spike. And Spike can teach Fred plenty of fun ;).
Groo/Fred. Probably not intellectually matched at all, but the two of them were adorable!
Giles/Illyria (too weird?). I don't know, cold sexy British librarian and hot but colder Demi-goddess...
Giles/Lilah. I think that it'd be sizzling, way hotter than Wes/Lilah and maybe a better matched for each other.
Wesley/Willow (why not?). Just because it would have been nice to see them together on the screen.

Priceless

Scooby
The craziest ship I can think of, that would still be possible but I've never seen any fanfic for is Xander/Fred. Has anyone ever put these two characters together?

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Xander/Katrina Xander and Katrina Silber (killed by Warren) would have been a great couple and possibly the best looking couple in the Buffyverse Xandina anyone?
Gunn/Gwen Raiden Two action figures that should have had some action together.
Illyria/Spike She would have no illusions about him and he would not be able to dominate her. This matchup could be fun for a while.
Fatih/Gunn "I hold my own/that's a shame". The attraction was there from the beginning for the pair of street fighters. Funn anyone?
Clem/Buffy Beauty and the beast? Clem would never hurt Buffy. Cluffy anyone?
Nina/Oz Mutual help and a monthly cage match. Noz anyone?

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
Angel/Illyria (I don’t read the comics, but it might have been explored there). Can I say hot?

Thank you. That’s what I said, but when they happened in the comics I was indeed called crazy. And tarred and feathered.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Anya/Giles
Darla/Lindsey
Xander/Drusilla
Willow/Gwen

Reactions: M

Faded90

Scooby
While I think it’s clearly not ‘canon’ and just more of a fun one but I’ve always like Xander/Spike. I actually think they have a lot more chemistry and a better dynamic than Spike/Angel

whatdBuffyDo
whatdBuffyDo
Xander/Spike would be so much fun

wolfpuppy

Townie
Wesley and Faith are a couple that I thought would've been hot in the later seasons after Wes had gotten some rough edges. Faith and Xander could've been interesting once she was on the path of redemption.
I ship a lot of same sex male couples, which are of course all non canon since the shows didn't do much with gay/bi men. Xander/Spike, Xander/Angel, Spike/Angel (although that one is actually low key canon), Xander/Oz...it only just occurs to me how adorable Xander and Doyle would be, Angel/Doyle, Angel/Wes.
And Angel/Doyle/Cordelia would've been a great thruple.
Angel/Buffy/Spike would have been the happy ending all three deserved.
Although I don't ship it, the suggestion above of Xander and Drusilla is a fascinating idea.

O
OliAnn
Great minds think alike!

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Definitely Giles/Anya, I will forever be sour about that not being canon outside of Tabula Rasa.

Here's a list of ships that I've read about in fanfiction and they wound up totally working for me, even if I went into it skeptical:
  • Dawn/Wes (although it was more Dawn crushing on Wes and Wes acknowledging that she was attractive but far too young for him)
  • Faith/Adam (yes, that Adam)
  • Tara/Lawson
  • Dawn/Oz
  • Harmony/Riley

whatdBuffyDo
whatdBuffyDo
These are really unexpected 😯
Reactions: M
I read a Dawn/Doyle fic that I quite enjoyed. He was dead and the first time they met wasn't actually real because it was pre s5 but they both remembered it. Obviously they never had anything anything because he was incorporeal (and she was a child at first) - but they had a load of sweet and meaningful moments throughout her life and then she died of old age and he was waiting for her. It was weird but nice.

r2dh2

Never go for the kill when you can go for the pain
Cordy and Doyle are hardly a crazy ship! They're a canonical one, they just got cut short.

yeah, that's in my not-so-crazy territory.

Thank you. That’s what I said, but when they happened in the comics I was indeed called crazy. And tarred and feathered.

I'm not sure they would have worked out in the long-run, they both feel kinda disconnected from "humanity" at times (too cold), but I wouldn't mind a fling. It'd have been interesting to see Angel trying to navigate being with someone colder and broodier than him for once (and when call Angel cold, I mean that he's not a romantic).

Willow/Gwen

Do you think that it'd have work out? I feel that this is like pairing Faith/Willow. I don't see them together even for one date.

• Tara/Lawson

Who is Lawson?

Puppet
Puppet
Sam Lawson, he was in one episode of Angel S5 but was incredible memorable for a lot of fans
M

M

Xander/Katrina Xander and Katrina Silber (killed by Warren) would have been a great couple and possibly the best looking couple in the Buffyverse Xandina anyone?
Gunn/Gwen Raiden Two action figures that should have had some action together.
Illyria/Spike She would have no illusions about him and he would not be able to dominate her. This matchup could be fun for a while.
Fatih/Gunn "I hold my own/that's a shame". The attraction was there from the beginning for the pair of street fighters. Funn anyone?
Clem/Buffy Beauty and the beast? Clem would never hurt Buffy. Cluffy anyone?
Nina/Oz Mutual help and a monthly cage match. Noz anyone?
I love most of these! However, I'd add the Anya/Clem ship from Hell's Bells was funny to imagine.

Also, like @Puppet I think Giles and Anya would have been fun to watch! In my opinion, they had more chemistry in one fake relationship than Giles had with any other woman in the entire series.

Miss Muffet

"Can I trade in the children for more cash?"
Brace yourselves, I like some weird ones.
> Spike/Tara - https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2267624/1/Home-Improvement I love this couple.
> Spike/Cordelia - I wanted this one when I watched 'You're Welcome'.
> Tara/Oz - They're both so sweet!
> Willow/Xander - If done right, it can work.
> Xander/Marcie Ross - I saw a fic with this one that worked well. I can't find it, but it's on ff.net.
> Xander/Harmony - Once again, read a fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9402413/1/Heart-and-Eye
> Harmony/Parker - *shrug*

For the ones already mentioned that I like:
> Dawn/Oz - She has to be older (obviously), but it just works for me. Same for Dawn/Wesley.
> Wesley/Willow - Plus, the actors are married in real life.
>Anya/Giles - They were surprisingly good in 'Tabula Rasa'
> Faith/Gunn - Yes please.

The weirdest ship of all time (that you can't blame me for, because it wasn't my idea):
Harmony/Connor

The even weirder ship I actually saw someone do:
Buffy/Connor. No, I'm not making this up. I actually saw someone do it in their fanfic.

Faded90

Scooby
This sounds unfair but any single Dawn ship. In my head she met a nice age appropriate boy who was definitely not Xander 😂

Top Bottom