• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Cure for Vampirism

Tj2318h

Townie
Sooooooo Angel literally finds the cure for vampirism and just keeps it to himself.......what an ass.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Unknowable. We don't know if the soul would return to the body after revivification. If it doesn't, you have a perfectly human body with a demon in it, or an empty shell one of the strong demons could occupy without a struggle, like Senator Helen Bruckler. Angel already had a soul, so it was only a cure for him.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
But as humans they could be prosecuted and put in jail, where as vampires only a Slayer and the occasional Demon hunter fights against them. I say make them human, soul or no soul.

Tj2318h

Townie
Well I’m assuming the soul returns as Angel does not lose his after the sexcapades with Buffy all day. If not somehow the curse is broken?

So either way if the soul does not return.... here is an idea for watchers/slayers/witches covens to work together...... instead of killing vampires how about capturing them, cursing them with a soul then curing them with the demons blood.

Couldn’t be hard since willow an amateur during season 2 was able to curse Angel.

thrasherpix

Scooby
Easier said than done.

And then there's the problem of those cured who are now listed as dead...possibly for centuries.

Though it is an interesting idea, and it's odd that Angel seems to want to be human, yet rejects the actual cure for it.

Myheadsgonenumb

Potential
Easier said than done.
Isn't everything? But it would be no more impossible than one girl in all the world trying to fight all the vampires in all the world. A slayer/ demon hunters could capture and contain as many as they are capable of killing (as the initiative shows) and then the witches work their mojo. It wouldn't solve the problem completely - anymore than having a slayer does - but it is a fairer and more humane way of dealing with people who got turned - most of whom did not ask to become demons. Buffy kills freshly risen vampires - she kills them before they have even had a chance to hurt anybody, curing them is a much more just way of dealing with the problem than executing them.

And then there's the problem of those cured who are now listed as dead...possibly for centuries.
The watchers council can grant and revoke green cards at the mark of a pen. They can sort out fake ids for the ex vampires.

white avenger

white avenger
We don't know if the soul would return to the body after revivification.
That always seemed to be a plot hole in that episode to me. Being human once more shouldn't necessarily have lifted Angel's curse. It always seemed irresponsible to me that Buffy should be so eager to take that risk again without making sure first.

So either way if the soul does not return.... here is an idea for watchers/slayerses/witches covens to work together...... instead of killing vampires how about capturing them, cursing them with a soul then curing them with the demons blood.
Or just make them human without souls, and let them pursue a careen in politics.

People establish new identities quite easily. The Watchers would simply have to establish the equivalent of a Witness Protection Agency, setting up new identities fro all the old ex-vmpires.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
We had a human without a soul in season 1, that child that burnt down the house because his sister had more marshmallows than him. Not sure I would want a whole bunch of soulless people around.

white avenger

white avenger
We had a human without a soul in season 1, that child that burnt down the house because his sister had more marshmallows than him. Not sure I would want a whole bunch of soulless people around.
Also, our dear friend, the Mayor, claimed to have "gotten rid" of his soul, probably in exchange for immortality.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Sooooooo Angel literally finds the cure for vampirism and just keeps it to himself.......what an ass.
I know right? We could've ended the entire show right then and there and never had to have suffered the later BTVS seasons. I, personally, will never forgive him for it.

Grace
Grace
LOL
thrasherpix
thrasherpix
Heh :-D

AshSlays

WOW, Sarcasm, that's original!
The cursed area of tons of sweet tea (Arkansas)
Black Thorn
never had to have suffered the later BTVS seasons. I, personally, will never forgive him for it.
Are you saying you'd be willing to put up with only four seasons of Buffy? I have a hard enough time coping with the fact that there are only seven and I have to remind myself daily, quite loud, that there will never be another episode of the original.

Also, our dear friend, the Mayor, claimed to have "gotten rid" of his soul, probably in exchange for immortality.
Not sure if that could be taken as concrete though, after all it was never really confirmed apart from him, and it is quite well known that "getting rid" of your soul could imply ignoring your humanity.

thrasherpix

Scooby
People establish new identities quite easily. The Watchers would simply have to establish the equivalent of a Witness Protection Agency, setting up new identities fro all the old ex-vmpires.
Isn't everything? But it would be no more impossible than one girl in all the world trying to fight all the vampires in all the world. A slayer/ demon hunters could capture and contain as many as they are capable of killing (as the initiative shows) and then the witches work their mojo. It wouldn't solve the problem completely - anymore than having a slayer does - but it is a fairer and more humane way of dealing with people who got turned - most of whom did not ask to become demons. Buffy kills freshly risen vampires - she kills them before they have even had a chance to hurt anybody, curing them is a much more just way of dealing with the problem than executing them.

The watchers council can grant and revoke green cards at the mark of a pen. They can sort out fake ids for the ex vampires.
They could, but they don't seem that charitable...even if they didn't have to locate and slay those demons to make it happen (though I COULD see the Watchers trying to keep one to "bleed" regularly if they did go that route).

The Wiccans in England that Giles knew might be willing to go through the trouble and have the means, however.

Top Bottom