• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

D playing with GIMP

Mrs Gordo

And then she comes along...
Black Thorn
I'm still very slow at this and still learning how to do things so I'm not taking requests at this time because I'm just trying to figure this out. But I'm having fun in the process and I wanted a place to post some of the better stuff in here just in case anyone likes something and wants to use it.

Also, I'm sure at some point I'll make non-bangel stuff ... ;)

This one combines carpenters, Christmas and Bangel... - all in one banner!

Mrs Gordo

Black Thorn
Ok so either (a) colorizing with GIMP is super hard because of the no gradiant filters deal (where as photoshop has them) and/or (b) I am just not as gifted as @GwenRaiden in this coloring deal because this looks significantly different. So, Buffy has a major tan... it looked alot worse before I made EVERY SINGLE layer Multiply ... lol.

GwenRaiden
GwenRaiden
It looks pretty good to me!! The colours are great!
WillowFromBuffy
WillowFromBuffy
The small version looks great, apart from the white spots. That is exactly what I want to be able to do.
Do you know where the 'black and white' gradient' is on gimp? I spent an hour trying to find it and gave up. I know it must be there, because black & white is pretty basic, but for the love of god I could not find it . . . :mad:

Mrs Gordo

Black Thorn
Do you know where the 'black and white' gradient' is on gimp? I spent an hour trying to find it and gave up. I know it must be there, because black & white is pretty basic, but for the love of god I could not find it . . . :mad:
Yeah it’s in gradients it’s the “background to foreground” gradient (make sure colors are back and white). The problem is where as PS allows them to create a layer from gradient gimp doesn’t. Also I had to download both the copper and the yellow gradients and the copper was bad so I didn’t use it. The yellow was obviously not as nice as Gwen’s.

Yeah it’s in gradients it’s the “background to foreground” gradient (make sure colors are back and white). The problem is where as PS allows them to create a layer from gradient gimp doesn’t. Also I had to download both the copper and the yellow gradients and the copper was bad so I didn’t use it. The yellow was obviously not as nice as Gwen’s.
Thank you. I gave up on Copper and went for Golden. I found this one really difficult, and took so many mis-steps that Buffy's hair turned black :)

Mrs Gordo

Black Thorn
Thank you. I gave up on Copper and went for Golden. I found this one really difficult, and took so many mis-steps that Buffy's hair turned black :)
Did you just keep setting to multiply?? That’s what I did! Mine looked so bad when I was coloring her skin I was laugh crying. And then I made the layer multiply and like magic everything was better idk why!!!

Spanky
Spanky
two art schools... I better be smarty
Did you just keep setting to multiply?? That’s what I did! Mine looked so bad when I was coloring her skin I was laugh crying. And then I made the layer multiply and like magic everything was better idk why!!!
Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know what they're doing :D I did multiply, though I've no idea what it does, and to be honest, I was so off course I should have just started again. Now I know were the b&w gradient is, I might give it another shot, just not today :)

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
The Multiply as it states multiplies each top layer pixel to that of the bottom layer thus making the picture darker. It's used to blend the two images together.

Mrs Gordo
Mrs Gordo
Smarty pants.
Top Bottom