• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Dark Age: Through the Looking Glass RPG

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
Ok so due to popular demand we have been slaving away with creating a new RPG for the boards!

Now this RPG will be different to the last one (in more ways then one) so you can expect some surprises along the way.

Firstly we are not telling you the storyline we have set, you will find that out later. All you need to do for now is Audition.

Now the Auditions also won't be like the the previous ones, This RPG is going to require a serious commitment with long descriptive posts, and as such your audition should be in the same style. Make it as long as you like, the more descriptive the better.

How to apply:

Simply choose a character and send LYRI the audition along with a list of your other 3 choices.

You can apply for any character from the entire verse.

The roles already taken are:

Angel
Darla
Cordelia
Faith
Buffy
Oz
Drusilla
Tara

There are also some Terms and Conditions:

Anyone applying, who already has a main part in the New Horizons RPG may have to take a lesser role this time Round, to be fair to those you have joined us late.

We have a cast list, so if all our roles aren't filled up, we will be offering up those roles before your choices.

This is not first come first serve, if two people are applying for the same role it will be given out on their audition, as well as activity, things like that.

Any questions, ask me here or PM me or Lyri.

:)

palabravampiress
palabravampiress
Sounds neat! Thanks for putting the work into setting up a new RPG!

Blondie Bear

Zydrate Addict
I haven't RPG'ed here before or in this format, but I'm interested, so I have a few questions.

What kind of "audition" do you want? An incident in the life of the character? A description? Anything in particular?

You've said this is a serious commitment. Does that mean you must post so many times per day, or just be sure to keep up with it without lapsing for a week or more, or what?

How do you guys decide who's turn it is to post (all my previous RPs have been one-on-one)?

Thanks!

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
I haven't RPG'ed here before or in this format, but I'm interested, so I have a few questions.

What kind of "audition" do you want? An incident in the life of the character? A description? Anything in particular?
The auditions are basically just like a post in the game thread, you just write it as that character, you can just make up some random scenario for them to be in. It's mainly just about how you right it though :)

You've said this is a serious commitment. Does that mean you must post so many times per day, or just be sure to keep up with it without lapsing for a week or more, or what?
No it wouldn't be like so many tames a day, just that you are checking in at least every few days. And not going for weeks on end.

How do you guys decide who's turn it is to post (all my previous RPs have been one-on-one)?
Thanks!

It's not really in turns, it basically you can post whenever you want, if you have a quick look through the current RPG you'll see what I mean.

:)

GATEGOD

Anyanka
Sounds interesting. I sent in my audition and my three choices. Loving the 'any character from the verse' , lots of great characters to choose from. : king :

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
Oh yeah forgot to mention that includes bad guys, so you can audition for any bad guy, Glory, The Mayor etc.

palabravampiress

Bidet of Evil
Black Thorn
From what little hints I can glean from this thread, it sounds neat! I look forward to reading it. Thanks for your hard work, BEG (and anyone else who is involved).

Since I've got two characters in the other RPG, though, I think I'll hold off on auditioning for this one until or unless you guys develop the need to for a specific character and lack someone to play him or her. At least for now. I really do look forward to reading it, though. Happy RPGing!

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
Sorry some points I forgot to mention in my haste to get this off the ground!

This will be a Buffy the vampire slayer RPG only, so that means No Angel characters.

People like Angel and Cordy still apply as they were Buffy characters, but characters like Gwen wouldn't. For anyone thats sent in auditions, you don't have to send in another as we have one for you. You can send me a changed preference list if you wish, but you don't ave too as everyone included mainly Buffy characters anyway!

When will everyone know what parts they got?

I won't actually know, as I said this isn't on a first come, first serve basis so I wouldn't expect a reply soon, we'll wait till enough people have auditions before going on.

Just to claify This RPG is going to be different to the other, we will have a smaller cast and more would be expected from you, so it is possible that people may not get a part in this RPG. The other RPG is still there and doesn't have a cast limit as long as we can fit the character into the game :)

Blondie Bear

Zydrate Addict
This will be a Buffy the vampire slayer RPG only, so that means No Angel characters.

I just sent in my audition post right before I saw this, and in it mentioned that I'd be willing to play Fred, so ignore that. Change her to Harmony, if you would.

Black Eye Guy
Black Eye Guy
Yep, no problem, that was my fault :)
VisionGuy
VisionGuy
I can't see you as a Harmony for some reason. LOL

Spirit_Of_Fred

The Psycho
Since I've got two characters in the other RPG, though, I think I'll hold off on auditioning for this one until or unless you guys develop the need to for a specific character and lack someone to play him or her.

heck, i only have one role and, cool as this RPG sounds, i dont think i can take it on! :D

however, the whole 'any character you want' deal makes me sad, in the sense that i didnt get that option for the other RPG and there are a ton of other characters i want to be :silly:. so if there's ever room in future when i have more time, make sure there's a big, neon sign so i know to audition :).

Bangelxx

Fear the cheeseman;)
This sounds cool but is the old one when I sent my audition in for Oz over? I'm sort of confused now.

A

Allycat

How about characters from Season 8? Are they okay too? They are from Buffy after all?

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
Auditions for this will be closing soon, anyone still wishing to take part pm me! :)

DrusillaRox

You wanna date my avatar
ok........... so could i send in an audition for Dawn by any chance? I think I get the general gist of this, but am still very confused

Top Bottom