• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Darla and her pregnancy

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
It's been a while since I watched Season 3 of Angel so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Darla couldn't abort Connor because it was some kind of mystical pregnancy that should've been impossible and she couldn't give birth because of being a vampire. Why couldn't they just perform a C-Section on her? Cut her open, haul the baby out and either stitch her up or allow her vampire healing to do the work?

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Been awhile for me, too, but I believe the baby was protecting itself, or something, so they couldn't cut through? Kinda like eek Twilight: Breaking Dawn :D

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Yeah they couldnt penetrate the skin, although when it came to term, surely the protection spell couldnt also have been the thing that killed it? I dont mind how it played out though, it was a good way for Darla to exit the scene.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
If Vampire Darla had survived the birthing process, what do you think she would've been like towards baby Connor?

I could see her being very protective of him physically, the way every mother is protective of their young, however her lack of morals would make her a bad parent emotionally.

If the rest of the Whirlwind were involved as well, I could see Drusilla treating Connor like a baby doll whilst Spike just wouldn't bother with him.

Tank1978

Scooby
If Angel was sired/reborn from Darla and Connor was "born" from Darla does that make Angel Connors dad and step brother?!!! And as dru sires Darla does that mean she is Connors grandma and step sister?

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Dru would probably shriek in terror at Connor, Spike would probably try to spar with him.

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
This reminds me of Gunn’s conversation with Wes about Dru, as a ”granddaughter” remaking her ”grandmother”, and how it creeps him out more than the blood sucking thing, lol.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
This reminds me of Gunn’s conversation with Wes about Dru, as a ”granddaughter” remaking her ”grandmother”, and how it creeps him out more than the blood sucking thing, lol.
I think they should've kept Spike evil and had him sire Darla because then the Whirlwind become a loop. Darla sired Angel who sired Drusilla who sired Spike who sired Darla who sired Angel etc.

nightshade
nightshade
Is it not a loop anyway?

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
@nightshade No because Spike is cut out on account of Drusilla siring Darla. You could argue it's a loop with Darla, Angel, and Drusilla, but it's not a proper loop if you know what I mean because Spike has been excluded from the siring game.

nightshade
nightshade
So it is a loop then!

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
@nightshade An incomplete loop. It's like if you have a dot to dot book and one of the pictures is a circle but you skip a quarter of the dots. You've still made a circle but it's not a proper circle.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
It's just a smaller loop, Spike was only with them for 18 years, he didn't have a close bond like the others, except with Drusilla, so it does make more sense to exclude him.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
It's just a smaller loop, Spike was only with them for 18 years, he didn't have a close bond like the others, except with Drusilla, so it does make more sense to exclude him.
Drusilla only joined them 20 years before Spike did and the whole reason she sired Spike was so that she had a "playmate" because Angelus and Darla were too wrapped up in each other and she was lonely. Darla would leave when she and Angelus fell out which is when Angelus turns his attention to Dru, but when Darla is on the scene he ignores Dru because his "head is too full of [Darla]".

Dru is a convenience to Angelus but he doesn't care for her in the way he cares for Darla, he uses her to annoy Spike. If Dru died, Angelus wouldn't be too cut up about it, he'd briefly lament the loss of his "masterpiece" but he'd quickly move on.

We see Darla getting annoyed by Dru in flashback, and she clearly parts from Sprusilla after the Boxer rebellion so any "bond" she had with Dru clearly wasn't a strong one. After Angel sets both her and Dru on fire, Darla separates from Dru again so she doesn't care about her that much otherwise she wouldn't ditch her at every opportunity. Sprusilla were together for over 100 years, James and Elizabeth were together for over 200 and the Gorch brothers stayed together for over 100 so it's not like vampires who do have a bond don't have the capacity to stick together.

I think it would've worked to have Spike sire Darla, not least because of the snark between them. Darla never seemed to hold a high opinion of Spike and tolerated him at best yet she would then expect him to do her a favour.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
As much as I would like to keep talking about this, we have taken it off topic.

Top Bottom