• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Darla was supposed to die episode 2?

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
I was reading a fun facts on Buffy the vampire slayer article online & read that originally Darla was supposed to die in episode 2 but he felt she could add more to Buffy S1 by sticking around for a little while more so he extended her to episode 7 where Angel stakes her.
If she had indeed died in episode 2 the questions are
Do you think she should've died in ep 2?
Would she have been brought back on Angel if she did die in ep 2?
I love Darla & while I'm not her biggest fan on Buffy S1 I had no problem with her staying around 5 more eps!
Also I don't think she would've been brought back to become the amazing character she was in Angel S2 & S3! So Joss good job for scrapping that!

Priceless

Scooby
I'm glad Darla hung around longer than 2 episodes, because she had a real impact on the show and was such an important part of the Angel mythology. The audience had a built in acceptance of her for AtS which they might not have had if they'd only seen her fleetingly in BtVS

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
I'm glad Darla hung around longer than 2 episodes, because she had a real impact on the show and was such an important part of the Angel mythology. The audience had a built in acceptance of her for AtS which they might not have had if they'd only seen her fleetingly in BtVS

& the writers may not have wanted to bring Darla back either!

Priceless

Scooby
& the writers may not have wanted to bring Darla back either!

Yes, she gave them extra options about where to take the Angel story. Angel's relationship with Darla was very specific and gave the audience an insight into Angel that we wouldn't otherwise see.

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
I'm glad they kept Darla, I love that scene of her with Joyce!

darla-with-joyce.jpg

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Given how important her line would become to the Buffy Verse, I do wish she stuck around for a few more episodes. But hey, that's season 1.

Top Bottom