• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Darla's date of birth?

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
It was said she was over 400 years old but was it ever said exactly how old she was?
Therefore is it a posibility that Darla was on one of the first European ships to land in the New World?
That brings about another question, is our Darla an American or an English woman?

Can our Darla be said to be an English rose, with several thorns?

Darla died in 1608 in the Virginia colony. The Virginia Colony was first settled in 1607 so (while technically I think this is a case of the writers not doing their homework - because she is apparently a woman of some property in a less than year old colony that factually only has two women in it - an no neither of them were prostitutes) she was most likely born in England, as that is where the ship sailed from - and has only arrived in Virginia in the past twelve months (if that).

Assuming she's supposed to be about 20ish she would have been born (as a human) some time in the late 1580s.

She would have also been more likely to die of dysentery or malaria than syphilis. Most of the colony died of these or starvation between 1608-9 and the few survivors cut their losses and abandoned the site, returning home, in 1610.

Oh - and another point of interest, In Heartthrob when they are fleeing Holtz she lists all the places he chases them, as they head to the boats and she says if he follows them to where they are headed now (Morocco ) "where then, the new world?" And she does not sound very pleased at the prospect. This flashback takes place about 10 years after she sired Angelus (I think he's supposed to be older, he speaks like a far more experienced vampire - the writers are just really bad at maths!) so it seems like after she became a vampire she returned to Europe, has spent her time in service to the master and travelling European cities and does not have happy memories of the place she died. Darla always likes the finest sheets and wears the fanciest gowns and loves a view - I don't think she enjoyed her stint on the rough, new frontier and is clearly not eager to return to it. She doesn't see it as 'home'.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
@Myheadsgonenumb, I think you are being very nice to the writers by saying they are really bad at maths when the are bad at all things pertaining to vampire lore and continuation.
Her looks when dressed as a lady had her looking as if she was in her mid twenties, but she learned how to look good from somewhere,
could it be that Squanto wasn't being nice to the settlers, he was being nice to Darla?

Myheadsgonenumb
Myheadsgonenumb
Lol - they make a lot of mistakes, but the maths is shocking. Squanto is with the pilgrim fathers over 10 years later - wrong colonisation attempt!

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Careful what you say @Myheadsgonenumb or I'll set Darla on you, tee hee.
also you might take note that of all the red injuns only Squanto could count

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I think myself that Dara had a lot of money & moved to the new world to start over as a leading member & after getting there had a flare up
of the syphilis & that what killed her . She probelly hated the new world since she was only there for a year or 2 & dided.

And she could have been in the Royal court & got the wrong person mad at her so she had to leave .

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
@Myheadsgonenumb, @ ChaseRules, @Priceless, @BeliveInFaith.
So, it would seem that the Virginia colony had no Catholic Church because if it had then that would be where the nuns who were in attendance at Darla's bed were from; that would have put the number of women in the Virginia Colony at more than two. Also, how many of the Red Injuns in the tribe Squanto was in were squaws?
It seems from later times that Darla (the vampire) was a well taught woman, capable of doing the math. Therefore, might I suggest that the lead vampire got his name because of his schooling qualifications - The Master!

Last edited:
Top Bottom