• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Dawn season 6 & 7

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Hi all!

So we can all agree that there was a lot of missed opportunities with Dawn's character after S5. In your opinion, what could they have donwe with her character to make her more important to the storyline?

I think Season 6 Dawn should have become more badass after her sister died. Maybe, she felt responsible for the mission and taught that fighting the good fight was a way to honor her sister's memory. She did after all watched her sister for years and could even fight with Spike without the scoobies knowing it. I would also see her discovering new key powers that were released after Glory died. Maybe, she even gains some powers that Glory had.

I also like the idea of Dawn becoming a watcher but more in Season 7.

What about you? Do you think, Dawn should have a special power too because she was the key?

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I like the idea of Dawn becoming a junior Watcher-type; smart and good with languages/research. They could've developed that a little more in S6 rather than making her a fighter-type in S7.

I don't think she needed any powers; she already had the power to make people hate the sound of her screeching: 'Get Out! Get Out! GET OUT!'
A powerful gift indeed.

Andreana22

Potential
I like the idea of Dawn becoming a junior Watcher-type; smart and good with languages/research. They could've developed that a little more in S6 rather than making her a fighter-type in S7.
In the first episode of season 7, they show Buffy trying to teach Dawn to fight and then telling her the next vampire she meets, she needs to run away. Then in Selfless, she researches the spider demon, so it's like she's trying on being a watcher instead. This is the last episode I've watched (am watching BtVS and AtS now for the first time), but at this point, I agree with you that her being a watcher would have been interesting. With Giles gone, it would have been nice if Dawn could have filled that position on the team for her sister. But Dawn was never a bookish type and the actress studied ballet so maybe that's why they chose to make he more of a fighter type later on.

Andreana22

Potential
I just watched Conversations with Dead People for the first time and Dawn casts a spell, so she tries out being a witch too. It's kind of like when Buffy was trying different jobs in season 6. :)

W

WillowFromBuffy

I just watched Conversations with Dead People for the first time and Dawn casts a spell, so she tries out being a witch too. It's kind of like when Buffy was trying different jobs in season 6. :)
You don't know how right you are ;)

Top Bottom