• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Dawn; The Vampire Slayer

WillowsFaith

Potential
In Season 7 Ep 12, Dawn is believed to be a Potential. Through the episodes storyline we are given a chance to view Dawn’s reaction to this news and how the other characters react to it. It’s revealed that Dawn wasn’t a Potential, but what if she were. How would the series go if Dawn followed her sister footsteps? Dawn has shown times of standing up for the scoobies, and participating in action. Example: Fighting with Buffy in the S6 finale, and holding her own against the vampire in the school in S7. My Ideal Dawn, as a trained Slayer, would be a swords-woman. That weapon fits her best. Also due to her interest in research, she could have taken a cue from Willow’s computer hacking days. She also could take wisdom from Xander. As they both were normal mortals who stood up against great adversity. Having a balance of Buffy’s heritage, Willow’s Smarts, and Xander’s bravery could make for a much stronger character. Had Dawn Become a Potienal Slayer, what ways could make her a better overall character and aid to the Scooby Dynamic?

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
I guess Buffy would have to completely retire her whole want to keep Dawn out of the fighting life since it would be Dawn’s birthright/destiny and kind of unavoidable. I know Buffy does embrace teaching Dawn how to fight in early season 7 but she tries to back peddle by sending Dawn away from the final fight.

Stake fodder

Soulless
I think Dawn had a lot of potential (little 'p') and could have developed into a real asset to the Scoobies, Slayer or not. Even when she was being bratty, it was clear that she was brave, determined, and smart. But like @Athene says, Buffy and the others would have had to stop treating her like a baby. Also, she had an impulsivity that she would have had to overcome. Still, I could definitely see her developing as a Slayer.

I agree about sword-fighting, as she does really well in the S6 finale. I think one asset that doesn't get enough attention is how Dawn is with people. She was friends with unsouled Spike, but could tell him tough truths. She encouraged Amanda to accept her Potential-ness. Buffy can push people away, but Dawn draws them in. She is friendly and supportive. That could be a helpful soft skill in a Slayer army.

Last edited:

Btvs fan

Scooby
In Season 7 Ep 12, Dawn is believed to be a Potential. Through the episodes storyline we are given a chance to view Dawn’s reaction to this news and how the other characters react to it. It’s revealed that Dawn wasn’t a Potential, but what if she were. How would the series go if Dawn followed her sister footsteps? Dawn has shown times of standing up for the scoobies, and participating in action. Example: Fighting with Buffy in the S6 finale, and holding her own against the vampire in the school in S7. My Ideal Dawn, as a trained Slayer, would be a swords-woman. That weapon fits her best. Also due to her interest in research, she could have taken a cue from Willow’s computer hacking days. She also could take wisdom from Xander. As they both were normal mortals who stood up against great adversity. Having a balance of Buffy’s heritage, Willow’s Smarts, and Xander’s bravery could make for a much stronger character. Had Dawn Become a Potienal Slayer, what ways could make her a better overall character and aid to the Scooby Dynamic?

After S5 ended Whedon was asked about Dawn the Vampire Slayer, his response was I'd watch it. Obviously that never happened, probably due to the characters unpopularity with fans and any issues that developed between Whedon and MT.

Top Bottom