• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Defend your favourite characters worst moments

McWitch

Townie
Ok I'm going to justify Dawn in Empty Places despite her not being my fav - she is actually trying to do the right thing and she's right about people needing to be united. The fact she tells Rona to shut up when Rona's being a bitch shows that Dawn isn't being vindictive towards her sister and Michelle's performance adds the nuance that Dawn hates doing it.
Initially I was sooo angry at the Scoobies turning on Buffy, particularly Dawn, Buffy sacrifices her life for Dawn how could she betray her like that? Then I just got disappointed with the writers, it just wouldn’t happen, it was completely out of character and unbelievable, simply poor writing, the actors should have gone on strike before sullying this amazing story with that drivel.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Initially I was sooo angry at the Scoobies turning on Buffy, particularly Dawn, Buffy sacrifices her life for Dawn how could she betray her like that? Then I just got disappointed with the writers, it just wouldn’t happen, it was completely out of character and unbelievable, simply poor writing, the actors should have gone on strike before sullying this amazing story with that drivel.
Kennedy was a bitch. She was the one leading the mutiny and it was all a power play because she thought she would get a bigger say with Faith in charge (which she admits). How the writers thought anybody would like Kennedy when they wrote her to be such a self-centred entitled brat god only knows. She should've been eaten by Gnarl.

Priceless

Scooby
Defending my favourite characters worst moment . . . Well for me that's Buffy chasing after Riley. She should have had more self-esteem and stop blaming herself for his choices. I can forgive her because she's under a lot of pressure, she's gone through so much and she does tend to cling to whoever is around her, until S7 when she accepts that she can close the door on people and understand that the choices others make are not on her.

thrasherpix

Scooby
I want to participate in this thread but realize I don't have a favorite character, at least not consistently. Maybe when I'm feeling better I'll do one each for Buffy, the Core Four, and a couple of others thrown in.

Joan the Vampire Slayer

Carpe Spuffy!
Interesting thread idea. I'll play.

Spike is my favorite character, and by far his worst moment is the attempted rape of Buffy.

All I can say to defend him is that he didn't have a soul at that time.*

*of course this is a weak defense, because what makes Spike unique among vampires, and an anomaly is the ability he had to love without a soul.

katmobile

Scooby
Interesting thread idea. I'll play.

Spike is my favorite character, and by far his worst moment is the attempted rape of Buffy.

All I can say to defend him is that he didn't have a soul at that time.*

*of course this is a weak defense, because what makes Spike unique among vampires, and an anomaly is the ability he had to love without a soul.
I don't think there are excuses but there are reasons as a souless being he didn't understand the reason behind the word 'no' that Buffy couldn't love someone who didn't share her altruistic love of humanity no matter how sick she was. To him it looked like santimony, ego and self denial.
He also couldn't understand that's why he was been given mixed signals - he understood why she kept coming back but not why she kept leaving and what ultimately made her mean it when she finally did leave and stick to it. He didn't understand what she meant when she said their affair was killing her. Sometimes I think evil and evil actions don't come from malaciousness or a desire to control people but from a complete lack of understanding of what's important to them and this is what I see here.

Joan the Vampire Slayer
Joan the Vampire Slayer
Fair enough, good points.
Top Bottom