• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Did Angel do a good thing letting Darla and Drusilla have a killing spree??

chasesummers

Cordy Lives
Why was it Angel's responsibility to start with?
''Heroes'' are always expected to do the ''right'' thing while there is no such thing as right or wrong. It was the company who got their hands dirty, that got Darla and Drucilla so they had to be responsible for their own actions.

Tez

Townie
I think he did and I never understood why everyone reacted the way they did Thu wolfram and Hart thought they could control vampires and not just any vampires Darla and druscilla the massacre was there idea I felt locking them in was unesacarry because they wouldn't of escaped anyway they got what they deserved

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
Innocent people were dying as a result of these people. It was a room full of murderers. The brains behind terrorist attacks if you will. Yes, they deserved to die. I'm sure the grieving families and widows would agree.

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
Innocent people were dying as a result of these people. It was a room full of murderers. The brains behind terrorist attacks if you will. Yes, they deserved to die. I'm sure the grieving families and widows would agree.
Yes I agree , they deserved to die but at the same time Angel didn't make himself look better by leaving them all to die .
Especially how it's constantly preached that he has a soul & can only do good. Like Gunn , Cordelia & Wesley said he was going down a dark path.

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
Yes I agree , they deserved to die but at the same time Angel didn't make himself look better by leaving them all to die .
Especially how it's constantly preached that he has a soul & can only do good. Like Gunn , Cordelia & Wesley said he was going down a dark path.
Oh yeah, Angel was definitely going down a dark path but I also think that those people deserved to die.

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
Agreed!
I'm happy Lindsay & Lilah lived tho in this moment!
Even tho they're evil. They're two of the most interesting characters on the show! + Lindsay is too hot to die
Yep, while Lindsay and Lilah deserved a death sentence for the things that they have done I loved seeing them on my screens. I'm actually still disappointed that Lindsay wasn't in season 3/4.

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
Yep, while Lindsay and Lilah deserved a death sentence for the things that they have done I loved seeing them on my screens. I'm actually still disappointed that Lindsay wasn't in season 3/4.
I heard it was cause Christian Kane didn't want to die on the show that's why he refused to come back but Joss promised him he wouldn't kill him off in S5 so he signed on but when they got cancelled. Joss broke the promise cause he needed a big villain character to die in finale. That's why Christian still doesn't like Joss I heard.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
This exchange between Angel and Holland Manners shows why Angel must attempt to change things - and why he can't:

"You're not gonna win."
"Well...no. Of course we aren't. We have no intention of doing anything so prosaic as 'winning.'"
"Then why...?"
"Hmm? I'm sorry, why what?"
"Why fight?"
"That's really the question you should be asking yourself, isn't it? See, for us, there is no fight. Which is why winning doesn't enter into it. We go on — no matter what. Our firm has always been here in one form or another. The Inquisition. The Khmer Rouge. We were there when the very first cave man clubbed his neighbor. See, we're in the hearts and minds of every single living being. And that, friend, is what's making things so difficult for you. See, the world doesn't work in spite of evil, Angel. It works with us. It works because of us."

Wolfram & Hart were above the legal system because they could tie it up forever or they owned it. Still, it did cause a temporary disruption in the course of evil and follows Angel's philosophy of "If nothing we do matters than all that matters is what we do." Angel did not expect a sea change n how the world worked, but he did expect to cause a temporary disruption in the progress of evil.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I understand where Angel was coming from. Now if it was just Malcolm, Lalia and Lindsey I could understand it a bit more. But I'm convinced that there were probably innocent people at that party. The other problem is that he opened the flood gates for Darla and Drusilla to go on a killing spree after that.

MarlieTheSlayer

Bangel shipper
Black Thorn
I heard it was cause Christian Kane didn't want to die on the show that's why he refused to come back but Joss promised him he wouldn't kill him off in S5 so he signed on but when they got cancelled. Joss broke the promise cause he needed a big villain character to die in finale. That's why Christian still doesn't like Joss I heard.
Jeez, Joss sure loves to lie :rolleyes: Poor Charisma and Christian.

Priceless

Scooby
But its the last season? So why does it matter if Lindsay got killed? Besides these egos who don't like their characters being killed off. Its a TV show, their still getting paid;)
And if you were that bothered, why wouldn't you read the script before saying yes?

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
No, it's not something a Champion of the Powers would have done, and it's not something Buffy would have done. It wasn't a good thing. I'm not weeping about it, mind you, you mess with the Whirlwind, having your throat ripped out is the end of your foolish actions. But it wasn't an evil act either.

MarlieTheSlayer

Bangel shipper
Black Thorn
I'm not sure about Charisma, but If Christian signed a contract for his role in S5, I don't think he could have walked out when he got the script for the final episode. It's not like he got all the scrips before he signed. And to repeat:
but when they got cancelled. Joss broke the promise cause he needed a big villain character to die in finale.
So he didn't know before he signed. It matters to me, because I hate it when people don't keep their promises.
@Priceless @Mr Trick

Mr Trick

Scooby
I don't see how Kane could not have known he was going to get killed going in. Like Pricey said he should have just read the scripts. And besides if its the final ever episode then why does it matter if he dies as long as he gets something good to do? I can understand Charisma feel short changed more since she was a main character on the show and only got a one shot deal for her return/death. At least Lindsey got a mini-arc.

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
Wait, is the argument really "he should've read the scripts", assuming that a) he can't read (because if he HAD scripts, why wouldn't he have read them?), or b) that he's a lazy bastard who couldn't be bothered to read them before signing, and c) that all minor actors are let in on what's going on with their characters?

It's easy to see how Kane could not have known that he was going to get killed.
He wasn't told. He didn't have script. He agreed to appear before this was settled and stipulated it in words, but not in writing, with Whedon. Once he signed he couldn't pull out.

Personally I like that he died, and I don't think actors should get to meddle in the character to the detriment of the story being told, but the assumptions about Kane having to know about it in advance are kind of ridiculous.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
It's easy to see how Kane could not have known that he was going to get killed.
He wasn't told. He didn't have script. He agreed to appear before this was settled and stipulated it in words, but not in writing, with Whedon. Once he signed he couldn't pull out.
Exactly you sign on long before the script is written. You won't spend the time and money to write a script for a character and hope they agree to come back, then if not spend more time and money rewritting the script. The script wasn't written when he agreed to come back. Nor was the Carpenter script.

The actors' only fault is in trusting Whedon.

Priceless

Scooby
Wait, is the argument really "he should've read the scripts", assuming that a) he can't read (because if he HAD scripts, why wouldn't he have read them?), or b) that he's a lazy bastard who couldn't be bothered to read them before signing, and c) that all minor actors are let in on what's going on with their characters?
No-one called anyone a lazy bastard. Or at least I didn't. My point was that no-one should ever sign a contract without knowing what they are signing. If Kane was adamant that he did not want his character to die, he should have got that included in the contract or he should have stipulated that he would not sign until he had read all the scripts, or the script outlines. Otherwise, if you are that desperate for the character to stay alive, don't do the show

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
No-one called anyone a lazy bastard. Or at least I didn't. My point was that no-one should ever sign a contract without knowing what they are signing. If Kane was adamant that he did not want his character to die, he should have got that included in the contract or he should have stipulated that he would not sign until he had read all the scripts, or the script outlines. Otherwise, if you are that desperate for the character to stay alive, don't do the show
The lazy part was implied in my opinion as the arguments seemed to assume that he had access to scripts before signing but didn't read them. That is an unrealistic take for this particular industry. Actors don't have that much power. Particularly not someone like Kane who's not exactly a household name.

Top Bottom