• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question Did Buffy love Spike?

Was Buffy in love with Spike?

• Yes - I watched while the show aired

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • Yes - I watched after the show aired

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • No - I watched while the show aired

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • No - I watched after the show aired

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Maybe - I watched while the show aired

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Maybe - I watched after the show aired

Votes: 8 6.7%

• Total voters

AstridDante

Potential
On another point I think it was established in The Girl in Question that she loved both Angel and Spike. I think you can love/fall in love in different ways. I don’t think it has to be a case of more or less

I think she was falling in love with him. If the show continued I think she would have eventually loved him.
Completely agree with you, she was starting to fall in love with him in S7. I don’t think she wanted to jump into a romantic relationship. I don’t think she would have told him she loved him yet had that not been her last chance to say it. I think Spike said no you don’t but thanks for saying it due to feeling unworthy, his own insecurities and feeling that she still loved Angel which she did but this doesn’t negate her feelings

Angel6

Potential
Completely agree with you, she was starting to fall in love with him in S7. I don’t think she wanted to jump into a romantic relationship. I don’t think she would have told him she loved him yet had that not been her last chance to say it. I think Spike said no you don’t but thanks for saying it due to feeling unworthy, his own insecurities and feeling that she still loved Angel which she did but this doesn’t negate her feelings
I personally think it’s her way of showing Spike he has earnt her trust, forgiveness and she really appreciates everything he has done for her and his support, I think it’s a good ending for them as a pair.

Last edited:

AstridDante

Potential
I personally think it’s her way of showing Spike he has earnt her trust, forgiveness and she really appreciates everything he has done for her and his support, I think it’s a good ending for them as a pair.
I think it’s so much more than that. Agree to disagree I guess ☺

Top Bottom