• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Did Buffy really came back wrong in S6?

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Hi all!

So I was thinking how many of us can agree that Buffy was quite different in S6 and DS7 compared to the earlier seasons. We can argue that in S6 she was depressed but even her S7 self seemed colder and more focused on the mission. Now I wanted to discuss with you:

Do you think this has a link with the fact that she died and magically came back to life in S6?
Do you think she actually came back wrong in a way?
Do you think her S7 personnality is just an evolution of her character and because of the hard situation she was in?

I actually still love Buffy in S7 but always found it odd that she had some borderline heartless moments like when she said that she would let Dawn die and that the suicide girl was weak.

Let's discuss!

J

joseph

Hi all!
yes I do think she came back wrong also how many people thought in seeing red that Buffy was going to kiss xander in the backyard before warren shot buffy & Tara
So I was thinking how many of us can agree that Buffy was quite different in S6 and DS7 compared to the earlier seasons. We can argue that in S6 she was depressed but even her S7 self seemed colder and more focused on the mission. Now I wanted to discuss with you:

Do you think this has a link with the fact that she died and magically came back to life in S6?
Do you think her S7 personnality is just an evolution of her character and because of the hard situation she was in?

I actually still love Buffy in S7 but always found it odd that she had some borderline heartless moments like when she said that she would let Dawn die and that the suicide girl was weak.

Let's discuss!

Dora

Scooby
Simple
Whedon finished Buffy's story at the end of of S5
A new showrunner on S6 and S7 with as big as ego as Whedons
Noxon decided after Flooded that being adult with adult problems was boring she would go with nasty sex which suited Whedon , he knew SMG would hate it , and it was an ideal way for him to act out his issues with SMG by belittling her Character....He said Buffy is Sarah and Sarah is Buffy
Noxon admitted that SMG came to her in S6 and told her she had completely lost the character, if the star of the show no longer relates to the Character she had played for over 5 years... how are we meant to ?
Basically the last two seasons with Noxon and Whedon fangirling Spike , the thing that made Buffy great the core four......... their Character's had to be assassinated to allow the character Spike to come to prevalence and Buffy's Character was no different than say Giles or Xander's hence not the same Buffy as 1/5...... simple

badsister

Angel's Avenger
there's a spike conspiracy theory and it's all Illuminati's fault. next thing you know everyone will dye their hair platinum blonde! watch out!

but no. she didn't came back wrong. I think anyone who crawls out of their grave will feel tiny bit different no? it's traumatizing experience to say the least.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Of course she came back wrong; she's sort of...decayed over many years to become 'comics-Buffy' who is like a caricature of all of Buffy's worst traits and very few of her good ones.

I mean, it s truly a toss-up in those last two seasons- since they are linked and it really just could be Buffy's crippling depression and then the fallout from her toxic relationship with Spike compounded by the BIG looming apocalypse...but if you factor in the comics then it isn't even a question.
Would S2 Buffy ever, ever do anything remotely like Twilight? Nope.
Would S5 Buffy constantly torment and beat herself up in the aftermath of said event? Absolutely, but S9 Buffy is almost sociopathic in her self-involvement and self-pity. It's astonishing.

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Of course she came back wrong; she's sort of...decayed over many years to become 'comics-Buffy' who is like a caricature of all of Buffy's worst traits and very few of her good ones.

I mean, it s truly a toss-up in those last two seasons- since they are linked and it really just could be Buffy's crippling depression and then the fallout from her toxic relationship with Spike compounded by the BIG looming apocalypse...but if you factor in the comics then it isn't even a question.
Would S2 Buffy ever, ever do anything remotely like Twilight? Nope.
Would S5 Buffy constantly torment and beat herself up in the aftermath of said event? Absolutely, but S9 Buffy is almost sociopathic in her self-involvement and self-pity. It's astonishing.
Wow you did not convince me to read the comics...I don't want my Buffy to be destroyed!

thetopher
thetopher
Don't read the comics! Show-Buffy is great. :)

white avenger

white avenger
Buffy came back "wrong" on a sub-atomic level or something like that, whatever it means, according to Tara. As for her changed behavior, that could probably be explained away as a reaction to being dead for several months, then going through a stage of near suicidal depression, with little or no support from her friends, engaging in a mutually destructive affair that ended in an attempted rape, topped off by having to stop her best friend from literally destroying the world, all within the space of less than a year. That would be enough to jerk a knot in anybody's plow line.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya

Yes, she came back broken, traumatised. She was not functioning on the same level as the sheltered scoobies. She did come back wrong and s6 is the struggle for her to find someway to cope with the pain of her past.

Yes. I feel s7 Buffy evolved into general Buffy. She realised she could not be the one to save the world past her own lifetime and enlisted a bunch of others to help her. The hardest part for me in all that is she finally accepted her life and tried to do what was right within her family (training dawn, getting a day job), Then it was that very family that threw her out when push came to shove. Again she was cast out on her own and I do not see anyone of any strength truly forgiving that. Buffy overcame it when she found the scythe and generously shared her power. She was hardened by her experiences and needed to get those potentials understanding the world on her level quick smart.

Top Bottom