• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Did Faith Need A Relationship?

Moggin

Tasty Townie
Has no one recalled her relationship with the mayor? He was the ultimate father figure for her. She could find a sexual relationship anywhere - Wilkins was the first human interaction she wanted to be part of.
The Mayor was a connection of some kind, but we've got a reformed Faith, now. She's swinging for the good team in season 7. She eventually needed good people to have relationships with.

Cohen

Hellhound
Wilkins was the first human interaction she wanted to be part of.
Arguably, Buffy and the scoobies were the first interaction she wanted to be a part of. Before Bad Girls/Consequences, she tried to assimilate into that group, but never felt quite more than an extra pair of hands. There were defensive walls there, but it was quite clear that she wanted to be a part of a family. In Amends, she shows up at the Summer residence for Christmas, even though initially she was hesitant. Wilkins preyed upon her to use her. She was "HIS" slayer. She was seeking attachment long before she became Wilkins' right hand man.

Faded90

Scooby
Arguably, Buffy and the scoobies were the first interaction she wanted to be a part of. Before Bad Girls/Consequences, she tried to assimilate into that group, but never felt quite more than an extra pair of hands. There were defensive walls there, but it was quite clear that she wanted to be a part of a family. In Amends, she shows up at the Summer residence for Christmas, even though initially she was hesitant. Wilkins preyed upon her to use her. She was "HIS" slayer. She was seeking attachment long before she became Wilkins' right hand man.
I’d definitely say she tried and wanted to be one of the scoobies. Those few days in Bad Girls before *that* moment are the happiest and most at ease we see her in S3 - the shooting script makes big points of describing her as feeling able to walk into Buffy’s home and her bedroom without knocking and striking up easy conversations with Joyce. I think at this point she feels very at ease with Buffy and wants that to continue. Unfortunately that pesky self loathing comes in when she seems to think ‘well they probably hate me now so that’s it’. Even The Mayor notices she’s upset about them falling out with her in Enemies. Also her very visible reaction when Willow tells her it’s too late for them to be her friend and help her

Xander obviously likes her- they had that connection of course!!Giles seems to like her enough but seems happier to keep her at a distance. Willow basically loses interest as soon as she’s finished telling the fun stories

Last edited:

Nix

🤪
Sineya
I don't think anyone should need a relationship. However I think it would have been a nice experience for her to have, to learn to love and care for someone, to let her guard down and experience more in life.

Kendar

Townie
For most of her time on the show she was a single girl, but in season 7 had a relationship with Wood, I think this does continue into the comics, but was it needed for her to have a relationship? Or was it more, everyone needs to have someone at the end of the show?
The relationship has ended when the Season 8 comic starts. Faith refers to him as the "Ex".

I have to agree with the others that "needs a relationship" is probably not a good thing. Best thing i ever heard in therapy was that if you cant be happy without a relationship you probably won't be happy in one.

More importantly, until Angel-4/Buffy-7 Faith is really in no state to have a serious romantic relationhip.

Top Bottom